clutch wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:43 PM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch wheelie

I am new to this forum so first of all hi. I have just started stunting and don't have anyone to show me whats up in person. I have a 929 and power wheelies are no problem but I am having a problem with the clutch wheelie. I have read in many place and in this forum that clutch wheelies are the best way to wheelie, but no one tell exactly how to do it. I have tried and all I do is over rev or something stupid like that. Everybody makes it sound easy but yet I am having a problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx
Fox

fRONT OR bACK...ride her on 1 wheel!!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person
Re: clutch wheelie

on the 929... give it gas, and blip the clutch, it should rev enough to bring the front up.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:16 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Here is clutch wheelies 1.0.1 for new riders.. Clutch wuulies are all about sound.. The principle of a clutch wheelie is the same as a power one, the only difference is you pull in the clutch.. Soo with this being said,, go out in second gear, get it to about 4000 rpms,, then pull in the clutch and whack the gas,, now the secret is, listening to how loud its getting before you pop the clutch.. For highway wheelies you have to let the rpms come up alot more, but if your in first gear just a little bit.. Dont slip the clutch out,, just let it go..The trick is getting how fast you drop the clutch the same everytime, if you slip it out, then you will need almost twice the rpm to get the same height.. Only use one finger,, two at most.. The more fingers you have on the handle bar the better off you are.. Just go out and practice leaning what sound brings the wheelie up how high.. The goal is to pop it up with the clutch about 75% of the way and power up the rest.. Its all about practice.. And being consistant on the pop..
Old 01-07-2006, 06:25 PM

Snipes20 is an unknown quantity at this point

ur becoming the guy to ask if anyone has a problem scott.

I'm gonna start a site called scottproblemsolving.com

u can charge 15 cents a solution.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

The best way to learn it is go hang out in the lot and watch others do it. You can see and hear what they do and pick it up from there. Most people are happy to help you learn so just ask. Log on to the state forums and find some people in your area.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:31 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i'm sortof new to the clutching thing myself. i know how to do it and all,
but the way i learned was to power wheelie. i can power a wheelie up from the highway and from almost a standstill. this left me questioning myself for awhile that if it can be done this way then why isnt it? why is 99% of the population clutching it up?
i have heard all the reasons and none of them seem to make any sense to me.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
but the way i learned was to power wheelie. i can power a wheelie up from the highway and from almost a standstill. this left me questioning myself for awhile that if it can be done this way then why isnt it? why is 99% of the population clutching it up?
you might be able to power it up from a standstill, but if you're in a lot, you're gonna be out of room by the time you hit bp. that's one of the many reasons.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:39 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You know how to slow wheelies down like a moo fugga ? Beacuse i power wheelie is useless, By the time its up, your going mach 10 and your rpms are almost at redline.. Why do that, if you can bring it up and be at a lower rpm with more rpm to use..
Old 01-07-2006, 10:10 PM

I find I don't seem to have the control or the confidence to do anything slow when I power wheelie. once you get good at clutching you'll only power wheelie when you just screwing around.

learning how to clutch just takes practice. when you get it down, all your stuff will be better and easier
Old 01-07-2006, 11:11 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

It's weird I completely agree clutching is the only way to do it, BUT I have actually watched dave do it from damn near a stop and have it at balance point almost immedietly. I think if he learns clutch control it will help him in numerous tricks and he will snap it to the BP even faster, but he has a method that works almost as good as the clutch.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:51 AM

that bike must have a ton of power down low and must also be severly geared
Old 01-08-2006, 12:14 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

she's only slightly geared -2 +18
Old 01-08-2006, 01:12 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Clutch it up because Its would be very amusing seeing someone powering up a highchair or a spreader in a parking lot haha.

Why r people hating the clutch? Its not the enemy! Learn it and you wont need a 90 tooth rear sprocket just so you can bounce it up lol.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 PM

she's only slightly geared -2 +18
yeah, slight, Hahahahaha

any biger and you'll be rollin on the theeth and chain
Old 01-08-2006, 05:00 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

You heard them Dave, I've told you to clutch it up from the begining. Quit being a ({}) and clutch it up. Oh yeah and when you come back from your 6 month deployment I'll show you how to roll those circles! Hahahahaha.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Snipes20
I find I don't seem to have the control or the confidence to do anything slow when I power wheelie. once you get good at clutching you'll only power wheelie when you just screwing around.

learning how to clutch just takes practice. when you get it down, all your stuff will be better and easier
I agree only time i powerwheelie is when i'm messing around..
Old 01-09-2006, 08:41 PM

mrbmob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Here is clutch wheelies 1.0.1 for new riders.. Clutch wuulies are all about sound.. The principle of a clutch wheelie is the same as a power one, the only difference is you pull in the clutch.. Soo with this being said,, go out in second gear, get it to about 4000 rpms,, then pull in the clutch and whack the gas,, now the secret is, listening to how loud its getting before you pop the clutch.. For highway wheelies you have to let the rpms come up alot more, but if your in first gear just a little bit.. Dont slip the clutch out,, just let it go..The trick is getting how fast you drop the clutch the same everytime, if you slip it out, then you will need almost twice the rpm to get the same height.. Only use one finger,, two at most.. The more fingers you have on the handle bar the better off you are.. Just go out and practice leaning what sound brings the wheelie up how high.. The goal is to pop it up with the clutch about 75% of the way and power up the rest.. Its all about practice.. And being consistant on the pop..
That is right its all about sound I had a gsxr600 now a r1 i have power but cluch is better
Old 01-09-2006, 08:43 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Snipes20
ur becoming the guy to ask if anyone has a problem scott.

I'm gonna start a site called scottproblemsolving.com

u can charge 15 cents a solution.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:46 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

why doesn't someone just sticky this thread and label it "FOR ALL NEWBS WHO POWER UP WHEELIES...READ THIS" ?
it would save time.