-----636 Thread-----

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 04:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: -----636 Thread-----

downloading--you tha man! :YEAH :YEAH

-Alvin
Old 12-31-2005, 04:35 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by Armenian
Okay I've been searching and I got some questions:

1. Does anybody have a working full Service Manual online for the '03 636?

2. Has anybody swapped a frame out before and do i need any special tools? Only thing I'm worried about is the head bearing and swingarm...thats all I got for now...

Thanks

-Alvin
No prob as for your 2nd question Ive done it with and without the special tools if you dont have them your going to have to use a flat blade screw driver or a drift. To knock the locking nuts loose that hold the swingarm axle and frame mounts aswell as the steering bearings.

Its nice if you have the tool its only a few bucks and you dont damage the lock nuts like you will using a drift, but you can do it without if your not picky.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:38 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
No prob as for your 2nd question Ive done it with and without the special tools if you dont have them your going to have to use a flat blade screw driver or a drift. To knock the locking nuts loose that hold the swingarm axle and frame mounts aswell as the steering bearings.

Its nice if you have the tool its only a few bucks and you dont damage the lock nuts like you will using a drift, but you can do it without if your not picky.
Thanks again--I'll see if I can get my hands on the lock nut tool...
Old 12-31-2005, 04:45 PM

PS A spanner wrench that comes in most sport bikes tool kits thats supposed to be for adjusting the rear shock can usually be used for the head bearing loosening............
Old 12-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

anyone know if an 05 636 rim will fit on the 04s??
Old 12-31-2005, 09:41 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Thanks man..I gotta swap my frame out too..**** sucks
Old 01-01-2006, 11:12 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
I DONT THINK IT WILL BOLT RIGHT UP. LET ME KNOW IF YOU TRY IT THOUGH
Old 01-01-2006, 12:18 PM

Has anbody gone from the 520 chain/sprockets up to a 530 on the 636? Will it fit?

-Alvin
Old 01-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
I'm pretty sure it won't, but if anyone does, let me know, cuz those rims kick the 03-04s ***.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:46 PM

kxrider is an unknown quantity at this point

i need a seat on the a sap
Old 01-02-2006, 09:34 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

any difference between the 03-04 and the new 05-06 motors, stunt-wise of course, like would I have to do a mod to keep the oil from fillin up the airbox when its at 12?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:45 AM

OK so I read all the oil pickup mod threads but which one actually works?

-Alvin
Old 01-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Yut-ugh.

Does anyone know how much I have to torque down the nut on the head stem? I put a GPR on about 2 months ago and I can't ride without it working itself loose so I'm gonna get a torque wrench, loctite, and a big *** socket to tighten it the right way.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:46 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

My Msr Clutch Lever Has Broken My 2nd Clutch Cable
Old 01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
My Msr Clutch Lever Has Broken My 2nd Clutch Cable

wrut wroe!!

for sale. woodcraft complete rearsets with pegs and levers. also attached to the rearsets are a complete Full Throttle Handbrake system with mc, stainless line, and zx7 hyd. clutch master with lever and purch...

basically pimp your ride with rearsets and a hb.

rearsets are bent in towards the swingarm slightly from tip overs...i will have pics in a day or two.

pm me with questions or if you are interested.

the hb setup is prolly over 3 beans new and the rearsets are over 2 beans new....i'm looking for about half of new!

sorry to bastardize the thread, but i wanna get rid of this stuff and set up the honda...check my core6 forum for otehr kawi parts for sale...i sell **** cheap!
Old 01-03-2006, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
Does anyone know how much I have to torque down the nut on the head stem? I put a GPR on about 2 months ago and I can't ride without it working itself loose so I'm gonna get a torque wrench, loctite, and a big *** socket to tighten it the right way.
Manual says 58 ft/lbs
Old 01-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Yut-ugh.

Manual says 58 ft/lbs
thank you kind sir.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:59 PM

tman636 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this was said before but I didnt catch it, How do you keep the oil out of your airbox? need help please.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:25 PM

....where are all the 636 pimps at!

-Alvin
Old 01-04-2006, 12:50 AM

Any one have a green rear hugger or a fairing stay for sale?

I have an OEM tail light, front rotors, and clip-ons for sale if anyone needs them...