636 Crankcase Vent Hose Size?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:34 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
636 Crankcase Vent Hose Size?

Does Anybody Know The Inside Diameter Of The Crankcase Hose On A 636??
Old 11-22-2005, 04:38 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person
Re: 636 Crankcase Vent Hose Size?

its 9/16
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Thanks Alot.....gonna Get Some Hose And A Breather After Work.gonna Try To Run The Hose Out The Ram Air Through The Frame..........goddamn Oil!!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:12 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

I know how you feel its gettin ridiculous.....Im in the process of doin what Kane did to his, but gettin any info on it in detail is just about as hard is fixing the problem...........keep me updated on if it works for ya
Old 11-23-2005, 02:16 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

this is what I did but I dont know how good it is for motor.

you know on the valve cover under airbox there is 2 little pipes facing each other that connect via short rubber hose to a valve that then connects to airbox. Also there is a little vaccum line that goes to the valve.

I removed the whole valve and hoses. I plugged up the vaccum line. Then I connected the 2 pipes together with a new peice of hose with clamps. Then I plugged up the air box where the hole for the hose is.

only downfall is I sealed up the valve cover and there is no oil ventalation for the cylinder head.

But there is also that main breather hose from the crankcase that runs to the airbox too. I disconnected it from the box and again plugged the box up.
Then I got a little K&N and put it on the end of the hose and zip tied it to my fuel rail(i think) I have been beating the hell out of it running it on the bar for a long time and have not had any oil drip and my engine has not blown up.

If I am right an engine does not need to breath they just have the breather hoses there to reduce emissions level. somone correct me if I am wrong.

if anyone's got a better way post up and educate me
Old 11-23-2005, 02:23 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

How Many Miles Have You Put On It Like That Though?engines Do Need Do Breath, I'm Suprised You Have Not Blown A Seal Or Something. Let Me Know When You Weld The Spiggot On The Valve Cover Though And Tell Me How It Works
Old 11-23-2005, 03:00 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
How Many Miles Have You Put On It Like That Though?engines Do Need Do Breath, I'm Suprised You Have Not Blown A Seal Or Something. Let Me Know When You Weld The Spiggot On The Valve Cover Though And Tell Me How It Works

Ive posted mad post and PM mad people about where to get a Mag. spigot, so I can weld one on...no replys from anyone so Im gonna get something that will work with threads drill the hole and tap it and put some quick steel (ghetto welding ) round it and run a hose into the air dam with a breather....
Old 11-24-2005, 10:58 AM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know how many miles I on it cuz I dont pay attention to miles no more.
I have stunted it for about a month now maybe 3 times a week and no problems. blown up a few tires doing rev limeter burnouts. no seals blown yet

I still have a breather from the crankcase just not from the valve cover.

I kinda understand what you are talking about by running it through the ram air hole in frame that should work too. post some pics peace
Old 11-25-2005, 10:04 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Doing It Tomorrow So, We'll See
Old 11-25-2005, 02:58 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
Doing It Tomorrow So, We'll See

You runnin the hose from the crankcase up into the airbox ram air and attachin the breather there?? Ive though about doing it up that way and attachin a PVC on hose, I dont see why that wouldnt work....
Old 11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Yea, Thats What I'm Gonna Do