clutch wheelie vs burnout

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:10 AM

danee4u22 is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch wheelie vs burnout

hey
i am new to the site and am currently working on a project for a mechanics class and was wondering what the difference between making the bike do a burnout vs a wheelie? i have a 600rr but have never gotten into stunting but am considering it
dont you rev it up and drop the clutch for both? i read how to wheelie in the above topic but i dont see the difference in making the bike do both. seems the same. please set me straight on this

thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 AM

elusive is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: clutch wheelie vs burnout

the obvious difference is that the rear wheel loses traction....

and it's not a good idea to hold the front brake and wheelie... at least don't set it down like that.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:36 AM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

Go to the statewide forums section and introduce yourself. - alot of the Indiana riders in there are from your area (Lafayette). I'm sure they'd be happy to show you first hand.

here is a link. https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/92-indiana
Old 11-09-2005, 12:41 AM

but isnt it the same? dont you rev it up and dump the clutch? is the only difference the locked up front wheel?
i know what a burnout and a wheelie is i just didnt know hte difference in doing them if anyone has any tips lets hear them
where are those pro stunters at to go back to the basics
Old 11-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

i can't really describe how to do either, kinda seems like commons sense.... i can say, at least your starting off on the right foot by clutching them up instead of throttle. just do a search, there have been threads on just about everything here.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danee4u22
but isnt it the same? dont you rev it up and dump the clutch?
Yes and no, With a burnout you are trying to lighten the rear end and plant the front. With a wheelie, you put weight towards the rear of the Bike to try and lighten the front.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:05 AM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

wheelie use rear brake. burnout use front
Old 11-09-2005, 03:16 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

hey
i was just born and was wondering what the difference between making the bike do a burnout vs a wheelie
dont you rev it up and drop the clutch for both? i read how to wheelie in the above topic

thanks

are you serious ?

dude how do you have a bike and yet you dont know the difference between doing a BURNOUT and doing a wheelie.
you've never seen a burnout?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Five636 RIP

five636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
are you serious ?

dude how do you have a bike and yet you dont know the difference between doing a BURNOUT and doing a wheelie.
you've never seen a burnout?
I don't think the dealer goes over that when you purchase your new bike . So you were born knowing how to wheelie?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

burnouts--- just hold the front brake and and ease out on the clutch or slight dump then add more gas...
Old 11-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Skunky is an unknown quantity at this point

ai think he is asking if mechanically they are the same....not how to do them if the outcome of rev it up and dumping the clutch have the same effect.....on the bike????

maybe thats not what he was asking?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:05 AM

yes i know what the difference between a burnout and a wheely dipshi t i was asking the actual mechanics of doing a wheelie vs doing a burnout and it sounds like its prett much the same
being that you rev it up and dump the clutch.. i was asking why the bike would burnout instead of pop a wheely when you dump the clutch. so when you rev it high and dump the clutch why would it not flip over backwards through a wheelie instead of burning out.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

yes i know what the difference between a burnout and a wheely dipshi t i was asking the actual mechanics of doing a wheelie vs doing a burnout and it sounds like its prett much the same
being that you rev it up and dump the clutch.. i was asking why the bike would burnout instead of pop a wheely when you dump the clutch. so when you rev it high and dump the clutch why would it not flip over backwards through a wheelie instead of burning out.
Burnout you apply the front brake, put your weight over the front end, rev up the bike and dump the clutch. The whole idea being to unweight the rear tire, get weight over the front tire, and snap the rear tire so it overcomes the static coefficient of friction between the tire and the road surface.

Wheelie you rev up the bike and let the clutch out fast, not dumping it and transfering weight back. The whole idea here is to accelerate the rear wheel fast enough (without losing traction) to make the bike pull the front wheel off of the ground.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

yes. the main difference is weight transfer... with a burnout, yo lean over the front, with a wheelie, you lean back somewhat.........
go try both and i gaurantee you learn to understand the difference verrrrrrrry quickly.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:08 PM

coda5351 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER
Burnout you apply the front brake, put your weight over the front end, rev up the bike and dump the clutch. The whole idea being to unweight the rear tire, get weight over the front tire, and snap the rear tire so it overcomes the static coefficient of friction between the tire and the road surface.

Wheelie you rev up the bike and let the clutch out fast, not dumping it and transfering weight back. The whole idea here is to accelerate the rear wheel fast enough (without losing traction) to make the bike pull the front wheel off of the ground.
i hope hes smart enough to read that. i mean no offence you ya but it seems like you coulda figured it out by reading the sticky...or maybe not.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:20 PM

crashtestdanny is an unknown quantity at this point

Mechanics not the same principle maybe but not the same, they are all right its wieght transfer. Wheelie Mechanics your not jus revin it and dumping the clutch I mean you are but not to the point where you'll loop it or break traction in your rear tire and dump your bike. You are just getting to the point where your wheel will come up near bp. (+weight trans) Burnouts Mechanics hold the front break an bring your rpm up till the rear wheel spins, you can hold your throttle an keep going till your engine blows if you want cus its your bike i dont give a fu(k. If you did that in wheelie without using your rear brake not only would blow your engine you'd loop it and look like an idoit doing it.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

If you hang out up at the hill, I can show you some time. Look for a yellow and black GSXR 750 with race fairings and a busted *** wind screen.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:05 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

you gotta be kidding me

do you know the difference between a ***** and a boner
Old 11-16-2005, 08:23 PM

streetbike05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stupid question makes you think to much.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:27 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

but isnt it the same? dont you rev it up and dump the clutch? is the only difference the locked up front wheel?
i know what a burnout and a wheelie is i just didnt know hte difference in doing them if anyone has any tips lets hear them
where are those pro stunters at to go back to the basics
k i went through the first 4 responses. all fvckin garbage.. the diff is when doin a burnout you hold pressure on the front brake, therefor not giving the front tire a chance to spin and give the bike momentum to go up.. when clutching a wheelie, the front tire will have a qtr rotation or so before it lifts up..

Quick Reply: clutch wheelie vs burnout