02 gsxr 1000 SHIT FOR POWER-SLOOOWWWW

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 04:37 PM

Ninja63619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 02 gsxr 1000 **** FOR POWER-SLOOOWWWW

Originally Posted by Mr.Gix
You almost had him? You never had him. You never had your bike. You were probably granny shifting instead of double clutching like you should. And your lucky the 100 shot of nitrous didn't blow the welds on the intake manifold. Go get the mad scientist and have him help you rip apart the engine block and replace the piston rings that you fried. You almost had me.
hahaha
Old 09-29-2005, 04:38 PM

the new GSXR 1000 will do 105 in first :YEAH
Old 09-29-2005, 05:02 PM

ripley311 is an unknown quantity at this point

get it dynoed again to verify the horsepower loss. if it is down on horsepower there is about 100 things that can be wrong with it(spark plugs,air filter, exhaust, injectors, cam wear, carbon buildup,clutch). i dont know exactly what you want. funny how you didnt know there was a problem until you got beat by a bike that is supposed to be slower.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charkly
doodle-**** you ***-go **** up someone elses thread-this is about the bike i ride daily (not the stunter) having issues-im asking for help, not your adolescent angst-**** off

as for the rest of you-i know how to ride-my first thought was that i sucked, so i put the bike in the hands of someone more capable, who also got his *** handed to him-the bikes slooowww-it has nothing to do with me-figures the first thing half you retards do is jump to conclusions.

the bike runs smooth, so im assuming its running on all cylinders. The tre is a g-pak, comes pre-wired with stock plugs, so I figure that ***** good too. I was beat around a 50 mph ROLL ON-so launch isnt an issue-the powers just NOT THERE!!

NOTE-if you dont want to help-then get the **** out of my thread
charkly, i'm sure you know how to ride, some motors are slow, **** happens.. check basic **** like your air cleaner and intake tubes.. sounds like it's not opening up to power... it's not hard to hammer the throttl eand shift fast.. it's somethin dumb...
Old 09-29-2005, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
charkly, i'm sure you know how to ride, some motors are slow, **** happens.. check basic **** like your air cleaner and intake tubes.. sounds like it's not opening up to power... it's not hard to hammer the throttl eand shift fast.. it's somethin dumb...
^^^ what he said, how many miles are on it ? do you have a compression tester, pop the tank off the ***** and just check , and while your doing it it wouldnt hurt to change out the plugs.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:16 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

listen-its not the gears-its not what gear i was in-the ****ING THING IS LOW ON POWER-FOR CHRISTS SAKE-LISTEN TO ME-I KNOW THE ****ING ISSUE WITH IT-DONT SUGGEST STUPID **** LIKE IT WAS IN THE WRONG GEAR, etc-I GOT BEAT BY A RAGGED OUT STUNTBIKE, THEN WE SWITCHED, AND MY BIKE STILL LOST!!! ITS NOT A HARD CONCEPT!! THE BIKE IS SLOWER THAN IT SHOULD BE!!

maybe it's your exup valve gone bad.(if you have one...mine was from cali.) My 02 Geez 1000 did that and i lost a lot of power. It made my **** feel like a torqey 750.

If that ain't it you need to get it checked at the dealership.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:08 AM

charkly is a decent person

alright-the valve in the exhaust has been eliminated. that blurb from mrgix was from fast+furious, funny as all hell. The clutch is good-no slipping whatsoever. The motors got under 3k miles on it, better not have any issues. No blowby, no oil usage, no smoke.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 AM

alright-the valve in the exhaust has been eliminated. that blurb from mrgix was from fast+furious, funny as all hell. The clutch is good-no slipping whatsoever. The motors got under 3k miles on it, better not have any issues. No blowby, no oil usage, no smoke.
Well everyone has gave it there best shot, either sell it , or take it to a dyno , or to a dealership to have it looked it. If your bike is THAT down on power , wouldnt you have noticed it before the race? If my bike lost 30 hp id for sure notice it . Maybe you hurt the motor and dont know it , get it checked , it needs to see a dealer , stop posting about it , it wont do any good as u can see .
Old 09-30-2005, 12:35 AM

charkly is a decent person

i probably would have noticed it, but i hadnt really ridden it for quite some time-I fragged the first motor, the bike sat for 6 months. I bought a new one, installed it, rode it 2x, then let my buddy borrow it for the next month. After all that time, I guess Id lost my baseline for comparison. Its getting dyno'd very shortly-ill keep everyone posted.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:41 AM

shiphteey is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget he might not really be a "750". I used to have a 750 with an 1100 motor (old school) with -1 and +3 gearing. Surprised A LOT of people including R1s.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i probably would have noticed it, but i hadnt really ridden it for quite some time-I fragged the first motor, the bike sat for 6 months. I bought a new one, installed it, rode it 2x, then let my buddy borrow it for the next month. After all that time, I guess Id lost my baseline for comparison. Its getting dyno'd very shortly-ill keep everyone posted.
ahahha that could explain it!! and dudes got a point about it being a "750"