*929 leaking coolant out motor mount-HELP!*

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 09:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
*929 leaking coolant out motor mount-HELP!*

Just today I noticed coolant dripping off the upper motor mount (stator side)where my FI cage goes into on my 929. I took the bolt out, and about a quart of coolant pissed out from inside the threads--I used some plumbers tape for now but WTF happened? I'm confused? I used the mount bolts FI provided me and the threads are perfectly fine in it--I ran the bike pretty hot a few weeks ago doing burnouts spilling coolant everywhere--Has anybody encountered a prob like this?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:34 PM
GOODBYE STUNTLIFE

Droptop can only hope to improve
Re: *929 leaking coolant out motor mount-HELP!*

Yeah i have heard of alot of people with 929s who exprience this problem.. just put the tape like u did on it and put the bolt back in and fill ur radiator back up.. not a big deal
Old 09-05-2005, 11:30 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Droptop
Yeah i have heard of alot of people with 929s who exprience this problem.. just put the tape like u did on it and put the bolt back in and fill ur radiator back up.. not a big deal
Really? Thats interesting--just does'nt seem too normal to me--but i guess i can keep the tape thing going-*** it......
Old 09-05-2005, 11:39 PM

johnnyrotten is an unknown quantity at this point

just a guess maybe you cracked the head dropping the bike maybe the head gaskets ****? maybe it s normal, do you have steam comming out your tail pipe? if so head gasket is there water in the oil? if cracked head or gasket ****? Not to sure but like was said it could be normal? John
Old 09-05-2005, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyrotten
just a guess maybe you cracked the head dropping the bike maybe the head gaskets ****? maybe it s normal, do you have steam comming out your tail pipe? if so head gasket is there water in the oil? if cracked head or gasket ****? Not to sure but like was said it could be normal? John
No steam from tail pipe---and the oil is clean...
Old 09-05-2005, 11:52 PM

guess itd be normal then my rf had a deal like that too i took out the bolts that mounted the motor mount to the head and it pissed all over me, as long as the oils good and no steam you should be gravy. John
Old 09-06-2005, 12:25 AM

SloppyRob is an unknown quantity at this point

The 929 uses a diff depth bolt for each side of the motor. One being shorter, the other being longer. My guess is either FI gave you the wrong depth bolts or you mixed em up.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:11 PM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point

bolt punctured the water jacket of the head, probably to long of a bolt.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:19 PM

This really sucks--I'm going to hack that mount bolt shorter and figure a way to plug this thing--I'm using plumbers tape now but does anybody have any other suggestions? JB Weld? RTV?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:41 PM

find someone with a tig welder take the head off and heve it fixed or jb weld may work. or just run a bolt in there a nd call it good? John
Old 09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

miltown is the winner!! be smart, take the head off and check it out.. you don't want little chunks of metal and coolant running rampant in your motor... i know it's a *****, but you gotta if you plan on your bike lasting... if you need help on how to drop the motor let me know, i did it the other day on mine.. not that bad
Old 09-08-2005, 02:50 AM

buddy of mine has the same problem, he just takes some teflon tape around the bolt, and also uses the rtv stuff to plug the hole, however if he has a hard hit then it starts to leak a little. We plan on replacing the head this winter with one i have laying around.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:05 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

miltown do you happen to have a headgasket laying around?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:05 PM

nope sorry
Old 09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
B.T.M.

perhaps some front rotors? or maybe a right mid haha