929 Right side controls breaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 01:30 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow 929 Right side controls breaking

On my 929 if i drop it to hard on the right side i end breaking my master cylinder off the mount and sometimes breaking the line connector and i usually break my rightside control box/throttle assembley now some time i can fix this stuff some times i have to spend 100 dollars in parts and wait a week or 2 to get the ****... right now my bike is down!!!... I was wondering who else with a 929 has this problem and what have you done to prevent this from happening besides don't drop your bike on the right side. I also have a F.I. cage so let me know whats up guys i am spending way to much money on that ****...
Old 04-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: 929 Right side controls breaking

i got some bar sliders--they help some--and I've dumped mine a LOT. But I almost got the same probs as you---my master inlet gets beat up, and my throttle cables are all torn to bits. Also, whenever it falls on that side, my throttle pulley (black piece that the grip goes into) usuallly tweaks and opens a bit--but i just readjust it and hop back on. So IMO I'd try longer barends man--Later
Old 04-02-2005, 04:55 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Get an MXD cage. I got MX bars on mine and they're still a couple feet off the ground.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:37 AM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

There is an inherent difference between cage designs from manufacturer to manufacturer...although we support and love fresstyle ingenuity for their help, i too ran into that problem...Freestyle cages are design with deflection in mind meaning that when your bike smacks the ground, your cage will deflect the blow by rolling with the impact removing stress from mounting bolts, mount holes and engine mounts and even your frame...however, sometimes this rolling equates to things like your brake master getting smash in the process...Tim designs these cages to minimize damage, there is a trade off between a cage transfering impact pressure to your frame and motor mounts and between it deflecting the blow and rolling out of it to save these major parts...sometimes that trade equals your break master master...Sometimes you can shave your break lever down a bit and the whole rig will clear the roll...however, i have been running a powers cage for some time now on the 929 just because it seems to keep the bike off other bits well, the powers design will scratch and tear up your frame tho...but i don't own my 929 for pretty looks...this wreck right here was ridden away from...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Serena pic goose wreck.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	131196  
Old 04-02-2005, 01:44 PM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R1Alvin
i got some bar sliders--they help some-- try longer barends man--Later
I just got some pro-tek barends to see if they help i had those gay chrome ones you get at your local bike shop on their. My friend and these loooooong as bar sliders on his old r1 and i dunno what company they were i would like to find some of those they were seriously like 2-12 inchs long!!! anyways thnaks for the help guys.