I done my 1st standup!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 02:28 AM

DBCBRRider is an unknown quantity at this point
I done my 1st standup!!

It was awesome i have been messen around with it a couple of days now but was only getten half way with them . Finally I just said f**k it and pulled all the way up and stood up above my bike bout 65 lookd over the top and it was awesome one of the best rushes so far . ive only had my bike now a couple of months and theres 3 of us that try tricks together its awesome , we ride on country roads and suprisingly we hav fans old and young . The older people come out on there porch swings and watch and the young kids watch from the sides and ther parents dont worry either cause they like it to and most know us from growing up. So it cool having good roads to ride on with out to much worry. .. But I do have a ? I was doing a stand up today I thought i had it locked but all of a sudden it was like i couldnt set my bike back down it kinda felt like i was back to far and the my back tire started waving back n forth it scared the **** out of me ! could it have been cause it was to windy and i was going to fast or what ? and I ride a 03 honda cbr600rr and ive got big bruses on my mid thies and knee's on both sides does most bikes cause this when ur just starting wheelies? thanks....I appreciate all help I can get .....
Old 02-06-2005, 02:38 AM

Artiom can only hope to improve
Re: I done my 1st standup!!

good job man.I remember when i first started standups.only advice is take your time and don't listen anyone how or what,I c people now trying 12's at 85 and don't know wtf they doing.I usually tell them to stop or go to the other spot,don't want c people to get heart.don't push it,when u confortable with what u doing,go to next level.make sure when u come down your bars are straight,otherwise u'll get real bad tankslap.dampner will help.strong wind will **** with u,keep going if u think u got good control,if u think starts getting scary and unconfortable set it down.
good luck man!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:55 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

bout that "can't bring it down stuff" I think you just hit the bp...
Old 02-06-2005, 01:32 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah you probably just hit balance point, or was possibly behind balance point. My bike has a tendancy to wobble like that when im goin slower and am behind balance point. You'd be surprised how much the rear end of the bike can wobble and it'll still be "safe" it just feels pretty scary when your new.

Welcome to Stuntlife.com!

And i hope you dont plan on keepin that 600rr minty and new if your gettin into this stunting stuff .
Old 02-06-2005, 10:48 PM

Yeah , I think ya'l are probally right once I hit bb and my back tire going back and forth probally just caught me off quard . I already need a new front fairing ,lights,speedometer ,and ive feel over goofying around around a couple of times. Ive been riding 4wheelers and motorcycles so its not as hard as I thought it would be to learn . Last year was fyling down a strait hill on my 4x4 4wheeler doin bout fifity down the rough *** hill got all the way to the bottom and bam tire hit a rock broke it off and sucked in in front of my indo'd with it 2 or 3 times . it slowed me down for a while then i got this bike.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:49 PM

Thank for yals help I need it dont wanna bif hard again ...
Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 AM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you found your bp. As for the bruises, they come from squeezing the tank which is good for keeping the bike stable. As you get more comfortable you will learn to let go of that tank and lean back to keep your bp lower. When you get comfortable w/ that you can move to the back pegs.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:07 AM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

....and in case noone has told you yet, allways cover the rear brake with your right foot. If you get into trouble(can't get the bike to come down), just tap the brake and your down. ....good luck and take your time!

Paw Paw
Old 02-07-2005, 11:59 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

Once you get it balanced just practice lightly pressing on the brake and keep the throttle on a tiny bit the entire wheelie. Put your left foot on the rear peg, and when it comes up lean back off the bike. If you get tired just move your body up to the tank and give it gas so it doesn't drop and kinda lean on the tank .