Help me turn my Stoppies/Rollies

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 08:11 PM

Radguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me turn my Stoppies/Rollies

How do I do it....I've been practicing and all I can turn is a little right at the end.

The other night I was practicing and I figured I would try and lean it like you would for a normal turn but my front tire slid and I smacked my nuts on the tank (ha ha very funny right)NO it's only funny if it happens to someone else

I'm running a Dunlop 207 in the front......is that my problem? If so what tire should I run?
Old 10-10-2002, 08:14 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
I have a 207 in the front... It's fine. Just turn the bars the opposite way you wanna go.... Are you trying to do 180's or just turn??
Old 10-10-2002, 09:44 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to learn how to do 180's too, but I'm havin problems keepin it straight as it is. My back end always drifts to the right. I think I just need to get it up higher.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:43 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Dirty B
I'd like to learn how to do 180's too, but I'm havin problems keepin it straight as it is. My back end always drifts to the right. I think I just need to get it up higher.
get the rear end up faster and higher and then steer the bike with your body. this will keep the rear end from coming around.

180???????? still learning those myself.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:26 AM

Radguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nags
I have a 207 in the front... It's fine. Just turn the bars the opposite way you wanna go.... Are you trying to do 180's or just turn??
Just turn! For now anyways
Old 10-11-2002, 10:40 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Radguy
Just turn! For now anyways
Then do what I said
Old 10-11-2002, 12:09 PM

jmacdaddyt is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm riding on 207's and they stick just fine, as far as a 180 goes-beats me I'm scared shitless when the bike turns at the end, so I do not know.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:16 PM

willie is an unknown quantity at this point
also keep in mind that if you only make it about 90 degrees, when the rear comes down you better have a strong *** right/left leg to hold up your beast....or you've gonna be on the side pretty quickly....
Old 10-12-2002, 09:21 AM

PeteK9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya , I gotta get with the time for stunting and start try that too
Old 10-13-2002, 12:17 AM

the wizz is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate the 207's....I have them on my bike and I'm constently locking up the front tire when it's cold out. I know you'll say warm the tire up, but a buddy I ride with has BT 10's on his bike and doesn't have this problem. Even when we ride the same amount of time. In warm weather the 207 works fine. It just takes more to heat up the 207's in the cold. So I'm switching to BT 10's just my .02
Old 10-14-2002, 01:11 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
1. It seems to help when you're at the balance point.
2. You really have to turn the bars hard to get it to go.
3. You have to commit to it but be going pretty slow on the pivot.

I can get about 90 degrees around but normally I chicken out and let off the brake too soon.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Raybone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help me turn my Stoppies/Rollies

Originally posted by Radguy
How do I do it....I've been practicing and all I can turn is a little right at the end.

The other night I was practicing and I figured I would try and lean it like you would for a normal turn but my front tire slid and I smacked my nuts on the tank (ha ha very funny right)NO it's only funny if it happens to someone else

I'm running a Dunlop 207 in the front......is that my problem? If so what tire should I run?
if you ak me i think it has to do alot with the weather...i mean look at the people who are not having probs with their 207's they are all in the south but the people in the north are having grip probs.....i remember when i had 207's abou this time last year i had problems with grip?????who knows maybe its just me....but im not a fan of 207's other than wear life
Old 10-15-2002, 03:34 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
The 207s have to be really warm or near hot to grip good because of the hard compound rubber. If you live up north try a medium soft compound and see how that works.
Metzlers are good medium compound