how do the endo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 05:46 PM

RideHardNoFear is an unknown quantity at this point
how do the endo?

Today I did my first endo, maybe 3 to 4 inchs off the ground.
But how can i make it high? can someone tell me how?

thanks!
Old 10-10-2002, 07:58 PM

Hunt is an unknown quantity at this point
How fast are you going when you do them? I'm just learning myself, I can get them to about 2-3 feet at times, but I'm not rolling them far yet. What I do is get going to 25mph and squeeze the front brake hard, but progressively, don't grab the brake! I locked it up once and almost dumped it. It might help you if you bounce on the seat right before hitting the brake, but other than that I'd say just squeeze the brake harder. Your bike should do it no problem. Just takes a little getting used to.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:20 PM

willie is an unknown quantity at this point
any modern sportbike with good rubber will do a stoppie. progressively breaking is the key to getting it up there...gradually on, practice makes perfect too. once your tire is good and hot, if you're doin a stoppie on decent-clean- pavement, you're not too likely to slide out. crawl before you walk, start slow then move up in speed.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:05 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
brake control is the key

Start practicing around 40 to 50 mph. Squeeze the brake to compress the forks, once they compress, lean your upper body forward while squeezing the brake harder and raise your *** off the seat a little. Don't look down, keep looking forward.
You want the rear tire to start coming up around 30 mph to get the bike to roll once the rear tire is up. just keep practicing this technic until you get used to the rear tire coming up higher and higher.
the rear end will start coming around at higher speeds if you don't jack the rear end up real high, FAST but that is in time because you will have to learn to steer the bike once the tire is up near balance point.

Underzen has posted a link to stoppie madness in one of the how to threads. I think you should watch it a few times to get a sense of what it takes to get them to roll and roll on. excellent footage.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:55 AM

Re: brake control is the key

Originally posted by TwistedPimp
Don't look down, keep looking forward.
That's my problem, I seem to like to stare at the ground!
Old 10-11-2002, 07:39 AM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
i get it up it scares the **** out of me and i slam it back down...LOL i am pathetic i can roll em like 5 feet MAX i just need alotta practice my bro has been practiceing for like a month or two and hes only going like 20feet anyways later

Last edited by Lance__; 10-11-2002 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:56 AM

jmacdaddyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn twisted is on top of it again!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:04 PM

jmacdaddyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Grab the brake untill the forks compress, when this happens just give it a little more brake and she should come right up. Don't forget to let off the brake a little once it starts to get up. Once you are at the balance point you should not have to grab much brake if any to get them bastards to roll. Remember there is almost NO WAY of getting the bike back down after you go past the balance point. You have been warned!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:33 PM

Originally posted by Lance Swentesky
i get it up it scares the **** out of me and i slam it back down...LOL i am pathetic i can roll em like 5 feet MAX i just need alotta practice my bro has been practiceing for like a month or two and hes only going like 20feet anyways later
Sounds like me! I had gotten to the point where I could stay on the brake, and one day went out and was rolling them to a stop, and then chillin at the balance point for a second when I was stopped. Then I wasn't able to continue practicing for like 2 weeks until this past weekend, and they were all garbage again. I was rolling them about 10 ft, now I'm hardly rolling them at all. Oh well, I plan on getting LOTS of practice in next season! Peace!
Old 10-11-2002, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Hunt
How fast are you going when you do them? I'm just learning myself, I can get them to about 2-3 feet at times, but I'm not rolling them far yet. What I do is get going to 25mph and squeeze the front brake hard, but progressively, don't grab the brake! I locked it up once and almost dumped it. It might help you if you bounce on the seat right before hitting the brake, but other than that I'd say just squeeze the brake harder. Your bike should do it no problem. Just takes a little getting used to.

i went like 5 to 10 mph LOL...........i will try for 25 mph what you just say :D :D

later
Old 10-11-2002, 05:20 PM

thanks everyone!!! :D
Old 10-12-2002, 01:11 AM

keonimana is an unknown quantity at this point
i tryed doing what you guys said. but it doesn't seem to work i can get it like three feet off the ground but thats only if i come to a complete stop while trying it. and then tryed going 35 and grabing the brake and leaning forward and almost flipped it when do you know when the wheel is off the ground. and is there any way to stop it from flipping when you get past balance point
Old 10-15-2002, 03:47 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by keonimana
i tryed doing what you guys said. but it doesn't seem to work i can get it like three feet off the ground but thats only if i come to a complete stop while trying it. and then tryed going 35 and grabing the brake and leaning forward and almost flipped it when do you know when the wheel is off the ground. and is there any way to stop it from flipping when you get past balance point
depends on how for past balance. You can get to 1130 and be safe as long as you don't squeeze the brake any more and don't lean any futher forward. 11-1130 is how high Joe,todd and matt are to roll forever. You just have to get use to bringing it up fast and to that height to get them to roll a good ways and keep the rear end straight. I have just now got used to it and I have been practicing for a good 4 months.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:49 AM

keonimana is an unknown quantity at this point
thanx i guess i'll just keep practicing
Old 10-16-2002, 10:09 AM

jaxon23 is an unknown quantity at this point
i owuld suggest also changing to EBC HH pads and lowering your front tire pressure to around 28-25 psi...i just started rolling them ok about a couple months ago...just start at around 45-60mph and look forward not at your wheel (its hard to do i know) and make sure your front tire is warm along with your brakes

http://www.cmmotorsports.org/~wheeli...sonstoppie.mpg
Old 10-16-2002, 05:50 PM

Question

nice one jaxon! What is the purpose of lowering pressure in your front tire? Is it necessary? How does this affect normal riding? Thanks
Old 10-16-2002, 07:20 PM
HiZ

HiZ is a decent person
Dude stock pads are fine and so are stock rubber hoses if people say get EBC's and stainless lines. NO
And you realy don't have to lower you pressure unless you're rolling them out. just keep practicing and yeah be sure the tire is warm otherwise you're gonna' slide (lock up) and this is going to happen. no worries don't panic, you're not going to crash. Just start small and don't grab the hell out of that b-otch.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:43 PM

jaxon23 is an unknown quantity at this point
i beg to differ..my front locked up and i did crash...front tire tucked very quick...stock pads are as you say OK but the EBC's give better bite...or use SBS sintered like joe brown from triple X..they are good as well
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	00_00004_3.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	2545  
Old 10-16-2002, 11:05 PM

Originally posted by keonimana
thanx i guess i'll just keep practicing
]

your lucky! that you can practicing, i cant beacause the winter over here is shitty
Old 10-16-2002, 11:12 PM
HiZ

HiZ is a decent person
Sorry Jax wasn't tryin to flame ya.
SBS rock yeah, but too bad on the lock up.
I was rolling around tonight and it was like 40 degrees here and I was lockin up all over the place. It happens all the time even in the summer when you hit some oil or something. But no problems, this guy is just starting and wants to get it up there. Wasn't trying to **** ya off, calm.

Quick Reply: how do the endo?