Riding alone

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM

zombiearrrjay is a decent person
Riding alone

Do many of you guys ride alone? I know you obviously progress faster when riding with better riders but right now no other riders in my area can ride as much as i need to practice and that means i have to hit the lots alone.

I hear of some guys that won't ride unless someone goes out with them but that won't work for me... I have my phone with me at all time if **** hits the fan.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about
Re: Riding alone

The Times when you wont be able to use a phone on your own is when that really matters first off...

Raised riding dirt bikes there has been a number of times if i would have been out alone i would have been screwed..

I Have even been pinned down for over 45 mins alone because i went on a trail by my self...

I refuse to do anytime or riding if it is not with someone or in a area where someone will be able to tell if i go down..

Get a friend or someone to come out with you..
Old 06-22-2010, 10:56 AM
"LarryAllergic"

MR.718 is a decent person

Originally Posted by t/c
the times when you wont be able to use a phone on your own is when that really matters first off...

Raised riding dirt bikes there has been a number of times if i would have been out alone i would have been screwed..

I have even been pinned down for over 45 mins alone because i went on a trail by my self...

I refuse to do anytime or riding if it is not with someone or in a area where someone will be able to tell if i go down..

Get a friend or someone to come out with you..
bingo!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM

I was afraid that's what you guys would say... but i know you're right. Thanks for your opinion. I didn't think about getting pinned down.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person

Originally Posted by zombiearrrjay
I was afraid that's what you guys would say... but i know you're right. Thanks for your opinion. I didn't think about getting pinned down.
get a girlfriend and make her go with you everytime and then after your done you guys can haahaha

nah but i agree with everyone.. i don't even like cruising without a buddy
Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 PM

ny450 is a decent person

being 1 of 2 stunters in my town, sometimes i gotta ride alone. it can be very relaxing if your in that type of mood. i definitly dont go nuts though...usually just try to stay focused, take alot of breaks, and try not get above my comfort level.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:21 PM

cisco5311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just let someone know when your going out and when you plan on being back, so if you eat ****, then they know to send out the search party.

Just be careful and don't ride over your head.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by ny450
being 1 of 2 stunters in my town, sometimes i gotta ride alone. it can be very relaxing if your in that type of mood. i definitly dont go nuts though...usually just try to stay focused, take alot of breaks, and try not get above my comfort level.
+1

i'd also try to bring some snacks and/or a lot of water to keep your sell hydrated
Old 06-22-2010, 06:58 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I ride dirt bikes and street bikes alone all the time

I learned to stunt alone, it was either stunt alone or just don't stunt period.

And dirt I ride like 10% of the time alone, if no one will go and I wanna ride, I go ride.

It's a risk I take, theres risks with everything we do, I don't push myself as hard when I'm alone, gotta ride within your limits. Just the same as riding on the street vs riding on a track, when I hit corners on the street I ride within my limits where there is little chance of me wrecking
Old 06-22-2010, 07:00 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ny450
take alot of breaks
**** I'm the opposite, if I go out alone, I don't take any breaks. I just ride ride ride tell I'm beat then head home, too boring sitting around resting alone
Old 06-22-2010, 08:39 PM
C.E.O. of AJTellin's Mom.

BillDoe has a spectacular aura aboutBillDoe has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Towlieee
**** I'm the opposite, if I go out alone, I don't take any breaks. I just ride ride ride tell I'm beat then head home, too boring sitting around resting alone
Yea I'm the same way, just tell someone that you are out. OR rock the hospital parking lot. You'll be safe that way fo sho!!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by BillDoe
Yea I'm the same way, just tell someone that you are out. OR rock the hospital parking lot. You'll be safe that way fo sho!!

hahahahahahahah siiiiiick idea!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM

I think i will get one of these:

http://www.lifealert.net/products/equipment.html

and attach the base unit to my bike.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:07 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

I ride dirt bikes and street bikes alone all the time

I learned to stunt alone, it was either stunt alone or just don't stunt period.

And dirt I ride like 10% of the time alone, if no one will go and I wanna ride, I go ride.

It's a risk I take, theres risks with everything we do, I don't push myself as hard when I'm alone, gotta ride within your limits. Just the same as riding on the street vs riding on a track, when I hit corners on the street I ride within my limits where there is little chance of me wrecking
I ride dirt alone all the time.....I just keep my phone in a ziploc bag incase i need to call for help.....
Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 AM

Pc-stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by BillDoe

Old 06-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by skillz954
I ride dirt alone all the time.....I just keep my phone in a ziploc bag incase i need to call for help.....
i know this isn't realistic but what if your riding alone and manage to break your back or get paralyzed or even get knocked out cold.. lol how do you plan on reaching for the celly in the ziplock? just sayin lol
Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheFBomb13
i know this isn't realistic but what if your riding alone and manage to break your back or get paralyzed or even get knocked out cold.. lol how do you plan on reaching for the celly in the ziplock? just sayin lol
If your riding with friends and you break your back and your heart stops, how are your friends supposed to fix your back? Just sayin

It's a risk we take. One guy says "oh its dangerous to ride alone" the next guy down the line says "oh its dangerous to stunt period" the next guy says "oh its dangerous to ride a motorcycle" then the next guy says "oh its dangerous to leave your house"

Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Free Riders

If your riding with friends and you break your back and your heart stops, how are your friends supposed to fix your back? Just sayin

It's a risk we take. One guy says "oh its dangerous to ride alone" the next guy down the line says "oh its dangerous to stunt period" the next guy says "oh its dangerous to ride a motorcycle" then the next guy says "oh its dangerous to leave your house"

your heart doesn't stop in all cases..

but nah i hear ya your def right on that one my man. it def is a risk we take.. question is..is it worth it to all of you guys? for me i'd say **** yea cause what the hell is life with out risk?!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

Just a little advice, don't roll stoppies when your alone.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Free Riders

do whatever you feel your comfortable with..

Quick Reply: Riding alone