another circle thread!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 04:55 PM

DynCorp is a decent person
another circle thread!!!!!!

So ive been riding for 3 years now then bought a wrecked 06 zx6rr last year after i got a wreckless driving ticket for a pow wow on the highway thats when i decided to try the lots i have been at it for 3 months now and i can get it up to bp but it just wants to turn hard left of right i no im choppy on the throttle and brake is that my problem???? the last time i was out everyone i was out with was tellin me i could do a circle (none of them stunt lol) so i tried just kept the wheel up high and staggered position felt pretty good i got a couple have o's then i would get scared and it would come down i guess my ? is was anyone doin o's before the could ride bp slow around the lot????

thanks all advice and burning welcome sorry for the long post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Free Riders

TheFBomb13 is a decent person
Re: another circle thread!!!!!!

im still learnin everything.. but i would think if you want to keep the circles going your going to need learn how to smooth out your braking and throttle so you can smoothly do circles to begin with because youll most likely come down from the chopping..
Old 06-18-2010, 06:07 AM

yeah but i just cant keep them going straight i will try to get some video up this weekend so everyone can laugh and maybe help me out lol thanks i do need to be alot smoother with the brake i think im getting to bp then jammin the brake to hard
Old 06-19-2010, 01:12 AM

anymore advice??? im gonna try to go out tomorrow and hopefuly someone will be there to get some video
Old 06-19-2010, 03:21 AM
Free Riders

well depending which way you want to go i would think to either lean in the direction or say your going hard left you would push down hard on the left peg... just my
Old 06-19-2010, 09:24 AM

ok i will try that to i am just looking for anything that will help until i find something that works i have the same problem when im doin highway wheelies i can keep them at one speed for the most part but i seem to always go to one side and am tryin to work on that to
Old 06-19-2010, 10:14 AM

hondaruss is a decent person

This is my .02 on the circles. I have only been stunting for about 3 months now and i got circles really easy and i did it only my own with no one here to help. Somethings i figured out is the trick is in the left leg the one in the rear seat make sure you get that left leg straight. That will help alot in balance and being able to move on the bike. With that being said on the right foot i moved from the rear set to the right pessanger peg at first its wobbly, after a while its money! I circle to the right just causeits easier for me, once the bike is up and i want to start in to my circle , when im at bp i tap the gas just alittle to bring the nose high, the biggest thing you got to do is keep the nose high! then turn your bars in to the circle just alittle then as the bike starts to come around turn your bars the opposite way. then keep the nose high and be LIGHT on the brake just little touches. and another trick is get your body semi far way from teh bike if its not turning fast enough tuck in to the bike it will make it come around. I have some progression vids. but hope this helps some what.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:40 AM

yea i understand i have figured out that turning the bars helps alot i will have to try the foot on the seat today i would like to see those vids tho man that would help to again thanks alot everyone
Old 06-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by hondaruss
this is my .02 on the circles. I have only been stunting for about 3 months now and i got circles really easy and i did it only my own with no one here to help. Somethings i figured out is the trick is in the left leg the one in the rear seat make sure you get that left leg straight. That will help alot in balance and being able to move on the bike. With that being said on the right foot i moved from the rear set to the right pessanger peg at first its wobbly, after a while its money! I circle to the right just causeits easier for me, once the bike is up and i want to start in to my circle , when im at bp i tap the gas just alittle to bring the nose high, the biggest thing you got to do is keep the nose high! Then turn your bars in to the circle just alittle then as the bike starts to come around turn your bars the opposite way. Then keep the nose high and be light on the brake just little touches. And another trick is get your body semi far way from teh bike if its not turning fast enough tuck in to the bike it will make it come around. I have some progression vids. But hope this helps some what.
+1000000
Old 06-20-2010, 02:56 AM

ny450 is a decent person

i actually have that same problem...i just started and im catching bp no problem but im having trouble keeping it straight in staggered stance...when im hitting idle, alot of the times the bike ends up wanting to go into a circle and i either drop it down or do a scrape/jump off/180 thing lol...this must have to do with being choppy on the gas/brake, no? i dont want to try learning circles until i have all the straight line **** first.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:15 AM

yup thats where im at i watched alot of videos last night after i went out and i think im clutchin it up to bp and hitting the brake to hard so im chasing the wheelie to get it back to bp and its always cutting hard to the right or left i guess it will all come with seat time i hope any more advice from the experts???? lol
Old 06-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Free Riders

im no expert but you guys got your idle turned up?!?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:06 PM

ny450 is a decent person

yeah mines up plenty...i think its just a mix of being new to it and being to choppy with the brake throttle...idk its weird though, i ride it on idle nice and straight and then sometimes itll randomly just want to turn
Old 06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Free Riders

Originally Posted by ny450
yeah mines up plenty...i think its just a mix of being new to it and being to choppy with the brake throttle...idk its weird though, i ride it on idle nice and straight and then sometimes itll randomly just want to turn
i may be wrong but i was reading on this.. if you start going down one way you almost want to countersteer in the same direction which will practically correct it..
Old 06-20-2010, 10:22 PM

yeah i have my idle up at 3500 went out again today still no progress and riding alone so couldnt get a video hopefully i can get some video this week so everyone can tell me what im doing wrong.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Free Riders

are you starting to do circles at all? also whats your tire pressure at?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Free Riders

also check this out a lot of good stuff https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...-wheelies.html
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 AM

my tire pressure is around 20 and i have gotten like 5 half circles staggard with footbrake but i really just want to get smooth and be able to ride idle around the lot first without the constant sharp turns lol
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 AM

hondaruss is a decent person

Originally Posted by DynCorp
my tire pressure is around 20 and i have gotten like 5 half circles staggard with footbrake but i really just want to get smooth and be able to ride idle around the lot first without the constant sharp turns lol

Its all in the left leg.. get it straight.. lean off the back of the bike a bit that will help with balance.. light touches on the brake you should be riding idle in no time. I got my idle set around 2500-3000 seems to work best for me.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:20 PM

ok so i will straighten my left leg lean back more and try to be lighter on the brake i hope this helps me out thanks alot it sucks not havin anyone to ride with

Quick Reply: another circle thread!!!!!!