well trying to learn clutch out

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
the mechanic

GixxerJamie is a decent person
Exclamation well trying to learn clutch out

being a noob sucks , I watch so many people do this and looks like second hand nature. I have tried the method one where you just slightly disengage the clutch and tach n release, no luck, method 2 tach and dump clutch has some result but all the same
im dumping clutch around 8k rpm and all it does is lift 3-4ft n lerch forward...

does the growing some ***** stage start after 9000 rpms
looking for some advise thanks alot....

Last edited by GixxerJamie; 07-26-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-26-2009, 10:52 PM
505COS

505COS is a decent person
Re: well trying to learn clutch out

No you do not have to go up to 9000rpm to get it up unless you are rooling like 20-25 mph. If you are just at a nice idle you can gring it up at around 4500-5000 rpms. You just have to learn to pull and dump the clutch at the same time. If you practice you will get it. Good luck man. And be safe.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 PM

stunin636 is a decent person

ya dont have to dump the clutch, more slipping it out. try goin around 10 to 20mph in 1st gear pull in the clutch blip the throttle twice and while you blip the second time slip out the clutch. see what happens if it barely comes up hit a few more rpm. seat time thats key
Old 07-26-2009, 10:58 PM

stunin636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by stunin636
ya dont have to dump the clutch, more slipping it out. try goin around 10 to 20mph in 1st gear pull in the clutch blip the throttle twice and while you blip the second time slip out the clutch. see what happens if it barely comes up hit a few more rpm. seat time thats key

oh btw make sure your foot is covering the brake...just in case..good luck bro wear your gear, n have fun
Old 07-26-2009, 11:09 PM
the mechanic

thanks a lot all, when I did the 8000 clutch dump all I could say as it started to climb is im going to get phukd up or really phukd up, Gear on always already learned what a 20mph plus stoppie high-side feels like... I highly recmend stabilizer or stiff as hell arms once that wheel trats to turn Oh **** hold on and get ready to play frogger....

well I will try some more tommorow maybe get some footage...
Old 07-27-2009, 02:51 PM

408FAB is a decent person
Wink Re: well trying to learn clutch out

Originally Posted by GixxerJamie
thanks a lot all, when I did the 8000 clutch dump all I could say as it started to climb is im going to get phukd up or really phukd up, Gear on always already learned what a 20mph plus stoppie high-side feels like... I highly recmend stabilizer or stiff as hell arms once that wheel trats to turn Oh **** hold on and get ready to play frogger....

You should have no problem at all clutching up your 750. It's all a matter of timing.

For street wheelies, I pull in the clutch with one finger (to limit how far the lever goes back as to not completely disengage the clutch) and slam the throttle open to about 2/3 then let the clutch lever back out and close the throttle to about < 1/4 all in one smooth motion. As the front wheel lifts, I roll slightly on the gas to throttle the wheelie up.

When learning, clutch the wheelie up so that the front end has enough momentum to get you off the gound then use the throttle to bring the bike up to BP. Eventually you will get comfortable with clutching the bike straight to BP. Then you are ready for the lots!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 505COS
You just have to learn to pull and dump the clutch at the same time.
wow stop giving advice.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:03 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
wow stop giving advice.
word!!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Call me *Point Blank*

cbr_stunt is an unknown quantity at this point

Defently get some footage if possible.also note that whenever you clutch it and gas once it starts coming up dont roll off the throttle alot which is what alot of people do.You have to clutch it and gas once you felt the front come up stay in the gas but dont let off to much and dont hold it all the way open. the key is to clutch it up and stay on the gas and once it gets up nice then you wanna just roll off a TAD BIT which will allow you to ride it out.
REMEMBER TO COVER THE BRAKE!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:20 PM
the mechanic

thanks so much...
Old 07-28-2009, 07:03 PM
the mechanic

Exclamation Re: well trying to learn clutch out

Originally Posted by 408FAB
You should have no problem at all clutching up your 750. It's all a matter of timing.

For street wheelies, I pull in the clutch with one finger (to limit how far the lever goes back as to not completely disengage the clutch) and slam the throttle open to about 2/3 then let the clutch lever back out and close the throttle to about < 1/4 all in one smooth motion. As the front wheel lifts, I roll slightly on the gas to throttle the wheelie up.

When learning, clutch the wheelie up so that the front end has enough momentum to get you off the gound then use the throttle to bring the bike up to BP. Eventually you will get comfortable with clutching the bike straight to BP. Then you are ready for the lots!

dude that was key one finger pull in clutch limit clutch disengagement to perfect range then i 2/3rd gas and what do you know i got it up near 10:30 then a few more times 11 then 12 o'clock , how ever I noticed bike launch left or to the right, must be a weight distribution thing....

Sad news @ 6:30 pm est I was t-boned @ 30mph and spent night in hospital and wasn't even stunting had my Icon merc 3 crash jacket and my helmet on with boots also more sore from flying 15 ft in air and landing 30 ft from accident... but other then that I am fine will have pics later
Old 07-28-2009, 07:14 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

dude that was key one finger pull in clutch limit clutch disengagement to perfect range then i 2/3rd gas and what do you know i got it up near 10:30 then a few more times 11 then 12 o'clock , how ever I noticed bike launch left or to the right, must be a weight distribution thing....

Sad news @ 6:30 pm est I was t-boned @ 30mph and spent night in hospital and wasn't even stunting had my Icon merc 3 crash jacket and my helmet on with boots also more sore from flying 15 ft in air and landing 30 ft from accident... but other then that I am fine will have pics later
Shitty, man. Heal up quick! Get back on that bitch!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 PM

408FAB is a decent person

OMFG! That's some ****! Good to hear you're okay. How's the bike?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:15 AM
the mechanic

here my gear, cut off of me at accident, going to police station and to see my bike shortly
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00172.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	228849   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00173.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	228850   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00174.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	228851  
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Call me *Point Blank*

cbr_stunt is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn heel up quick.Hope your getting another bike and if there's any money left over grab a stuntbike
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM
the mechanic

Healing from the accident

was going to put a pic of bike up but I was like OMMFG no damage to bike plastic is scraped and bar ends and tank has paint chips from me hitting it, but i still having my bike looked over forks and frame damaged possible
Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
the mechanic

Originally Posted by cbr_stunt
Damn heel up quick.Hope your getting another bike and if there's any money left over grab a stuntbike
if you fall off get back on n ride

RiDe or Die -Stuntn Aint Ez but i love learning
Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 AM

remain is a decent person

Originally Posted by 408FAB

this is really good info when it comes to learning how to clutch