4 weeks later with vids!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person
4 weeks later with vids!

Ok I posted about a month ago about learning to wheelie, I bought a bike off here a few weeks before and started playing. I took what was posted and got the bike up and away.

I feel like I have a good feel for clutching the bike up and using the throttle and brake to get the forks level. In 2nd with the 65 I can ride it out untill the bike feels like it just stops.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 4 weeks later with vids!

looking okay, for 4 weeks on the bike. Seems like you are bringing it almost to ballance point pretty fast and not screaming it till it hits rev limiter...

practice practice, good job
Old 11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

my avatar is was taken 2 weeks ago when i would clutch up and just throttle roll to keep the bike up. OMR mentioned using the brake with the throttle to slow the wheelie down. I saw another post about the f4i balance point being where the forks are level. Once i got going and used the throttle and brake to get the forks level, i lean back a little and the bike just goes untill the gears gone. I still wonder about this brake controll when do you know if you got it or not?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MiNi GuineA
my avatar is was taken 2 weeks ago when i would clutch up and just throttle roll to keep the bike up. OMR mentioned using the brake with the throttle to slow the wheelie down. I saw another post about the f4i balance point being where the forks are level. Once i got going and used the throttle and brake to get the forks level, i lean back a little and the bike just goes untill the gears gone. I still wonder about this brake controll when do you know if you got it or not?
You know you got it if you dont bust your *** lol. I didnt learn brake control until I busted my *** a few times. Even then it was still hard for me to get it right. The way I finally learned it was doing the *** drag. I would pop it right up from a dead stop with right foot on the brake and left foot on the floor and park it on the bar. I wouldnt try to ride the whoolie out - I was trying to bring it to the bar so you know how high you have to be. Once I could park it on the bar on command, I started trying to catch it with the brake. Should take you 1 day to get it to the bar even tho I was a ***** and it took me 3 And then start catching it with the brake. The hardest part about the *** drag for me was how wierd it felt popping it up. Youre doing well but get the brake and things will fall into place
Old 11-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

i used the foot drag alot too... from dead stop
Old 11-09-2008, 11:47 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
i used the foot drag alot too... from dead stop
Word. Before doing the foot drag I was chasing pow pows. Once I hit the bar from doing foot drags I realized just how high I needed to be for a bp wheelie and then started learning the brake. Great way to learn IMO. Plus you got one foot off the bike already so your natural instinct is to jump off the back if it gets outta control. Speaking of outta control I wouldnt try to chase it up. A buddy of mine popped it up but not high enough so the front end started to drop and he gassed it and chased it up - it got squirrley and wobbled side to side and boom, bike fell and crushed his leg and put him out for 3 months And he could ride too but just never did *** drags