welding a dual caliper bracket

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM

frankenstunt is a decent person
welding a dual caliper bracket

i decided to swtich to a dual caliper and i was gunna buy a HHD bracket but money is gunna be tight for a couple of months
i was gunna weld two stockers together
i searched and i came up with a couple of threads but none of them really said anything about final results of even a final un installed pic.I know it wouldn't be as good as the HHD set up but has anybody done with anykind of decent results?????
Old 08-01-2008, 10:59 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough
Re: welding a dual caliper bracket

dont do it,,,,just save up!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 PM

E-BRAKE is a decent person

Originally Posted by 100%_sukkafree
dont do it,,,,just save up!!!!!

fo sho....save the money and buy HHD.....:YEAH
Old 08-02-2008, 12:43 AM

frankenstunt is a decent person

i wish i would have held onto my ft set up alittle longer,oh well thanks guys
Old 08-06-2008, 04:00 AM

slipperone is a decent person

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00538.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	212453

just got my dual caliper bracket today ;P 4 pison plus 2 piston...mmm very nice
Old 08-06-2008, 04:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

almost every dual caliper made from two stockers that i have seen has broke.....
Old 08-06-2008, 04:13 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

I had one on my f4i that was tig welded really nice and it has lasted a couple years. If you have a good welder to do it you will be fine, but I still trust my hohey bracket a lot more.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scott982
I had one on my f4i that was tig welded really nice and it has lasted a couple years. If you have a good welder to do it you will be fine, but I still trust my hohey bracket a lot more.
+1
Old 08-06-2008, 03:38 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by slipperone
Attachment 212453

just got my dual caliper bracket today ;P 4 pison plus 2 piston...mmm very nice
4 piston plus 1 piston

stock is 1 piston on f4i
Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Scott982
Originally Posted by *Tanus*
+1
the cast aluminum they make the factory caliper mounts out of aren't really a good tpye of metal to weld even if your a good welder
Old 08-06-2008, 04:43 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ive seen about 50 of them welded together. And about 46 of those have broken.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

get the HHD and you will wish you had done it long ago
Old 08-07-2008, 10:37 AM

slipperone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
4 piston plus 1 piston

stock is 1 piston on f4i

haha doh typo
Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

i wonder wut it would feel like banging a spreader in high rpms right before u loop when the caliper snaps at the weld?
Old 08-25-2008, 02:52 PM

big ron is an unknown quantity at this point

I have one welded together by tysonracing.com out of farmington hills michigan. he did and awesome job and im hard on it and have had no problems. the tricky part is keeping it square while welding it. i put a metric bolt that was the same size as my axle and tightened it up, this keepa both square. the guys that break theirs has to be crooked enough to tweak it when braking. i cut two stock brackets and cut through the axle hole posisioned the back caliper up so that when its welded together you can still adjust the rear wheel. i'll try and get some pics on here in the next few days
Old 08-25-2008, 03:01 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by big ron
I have one welded together by tysonracing.com out of farmington hills michigan. he did and awesome job and im hard on it and have had no problems. the tricky part is keeping it square while welding it. i put a metric bolt that was the same size as my axle and tightened it up, this keepa both square. the guys that break theirs has to be crooked enough to tweak it when braking. i cut two stock brackets and cut through the axle hole posisioned the back caliper up so that when its welded together you can still adjust the rear wheel. i'll try and get some pics on here in the next few days
just remember, you are risking your safety to shitty welded cast!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:17 PM
also known as OMR

kinda getto but this is what i did , it's just a piece of steel with four holes drilled in it ....

i later made a spacer to move the rotor out so i could lower caliper enough to use the whole pad instead of half of it