Standing VS Sitting

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 PM

timleg is a decent person
Standing VS Sitting

I was wondering how you guys started learning wheelies... because ive been chasing BP for the last couple weeks sitting down, and im getting close, but it is hard to control em sitting down...

So, It seems like when i try them standing up im totally lost.. any tips?
Old 05-25-2008, 03:33 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Standing VS Sitting

Originally Posted by timleg
I was wondering how you guys started learning wheelies... because ive been chasing BP for the last couple weeks sitting down, and im getting close, but it is hard to control em sitting down...

So, It seems like when i try them standing up im totally lost.. any tips?
when sitting you have a better feel for what the bike is doing but when standing you have more controll 6 of 1 half dozen of the other ..

i learned sitting but standing is easier now that i know how
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
when sitting you have a better feel for what the bike is doing but when standing you have more controll 6 of 1 half dozen of the other ..

i learned sitting but standing is easier now that i know how
that is what ive been thinking, that once i get bp sitting i can slowly start standing.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

standing is soooooooooo much easier....
Old 05-25-2008, 11:49 PM

07Rsixxer is a decent person

i have been chasing sitting for a couple weeks, just started standing staggered today. still chasing, but i can tell it will be alot easier once i get use to it!
Old 05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

i say practice sitting & standing...

practice practice practice
Old 05-25-2008, 11:56 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I'm still trying to learn to catch idle sit downs. Its a lot harder to me than standing. When I'm gong that slow it wants to tip too easy.
Its weird how having my foot barely dragging makes that big of a difference.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 AM

zxcraig is a decent person

learn bp sit downs then you will get stand up's within a day!!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

i chased sit downs for over a year never was comfortable with staggered then az's finest talked me into practicing staggered over and over and now in a matter of 2 months i'm flirting with forks level. i always thought once i hit bp sitting i could just stand up but it never became that easy.

like omr said you have more feel for the bike in sit down but you have to get out of your comfort zone and stand up. once that becomes comfortable sit downs will actually start to feel uncomfortable to you. its hard to learn bp sitting imo cuz once you get to bp you are staring at the tank.

in staggered you can just watch until you see your forks level with the ground.

don't hate cuz i'm a newb giving another newb advice guys cuz is there anything i said that isn't right on????
Old 05-26-2008, 11:15 AM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

I learned how to clutch em up sitting down.
then found it easier to balance and ride them out standing up
Old 05-26-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
i chased sit downs for over a year never was comfortable with staggered then az's finest talked me into practicing staggered over and over and now in a matter of 2 months i'm flirting with forks level. i always thought once i hit bp sitting i could just stand up but it never became that easy.

like omr said you have more feel for the bike in sit down but you have to get out of your comfort zone and stand up. once that becomes comfortable sit downs will actually start to feel uncomfortable to you. its hard to learn bp sitting imo cuz once you get to bp you are staring at the tank.

in staggered you can just watch until you see your forks level with the ground.

don't hate cuz i'm a newb giving another newb advice guys cuz is there anything i said that isn't right on????
exactly why i was wondering if i should start to practice standing up. I know i got the form right, where i don't shift my weight to the front of the bike at all, just raise straight up, but it seems like the clutch and throttle are miles away or something lol.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:40 AM

zxcraig is a decent person

lean as far back as you can at bp. and then start counting the miles.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:59 PM

exactly why i was wondering if i should start to practice standing up. I know i got the form right, where i don't shift my weight to the front of the bike at all, just raise straight up, but it seems like the clutch and throttle are miles away or something lol.
yea today i was gettin it up pretty close to BP, im still a squid this was only the second day ive practiced staggered. and when it would come up pretty high i notice i would shift my weight and move right close to the tank... its weird, i gotta learn to not do that i guess.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

you can have your arms bent a little while you clutch up but once it comes up lean back and straighten up.....i have no trouble keeping my finger planted on my clutch

i actually start with legs and i believe arms bent and then as i get it up i straighten my arms first and then my legs.

just don't hug that tank once it gets up there.....you'll hit bp faster if your leaned back. and learn to use the brake as your wheelie height control (which i might add is a hard habit to get into if you're used to all throttle control)
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 PM

my rear brake doesnt work for ****. i need to get it fixed or bleed it or something, but it really doesnt work very good, was trying to learn a little bit of brake control today, but mostly just brought them down with throttle, its a bad habit i know...
Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 AM

i just tightened my rear brake up, and i use it constantly. I haven't practiced stand ups that much at all, maybe a handful of times, but next time i go out im going to just do stand ups.

Last edited by timleg; 05-27-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:44 AM

i just tightened my rear brake up, and i use it constantly. I haven't practiced stand ups that much at all, maybe a handful of times, but next time i go out im going to just do stand ups.
thats pretty much what i did, i always did sitdowns, then i got an omr subcage and it made it a little more comfortable to stand. i just pretty much went out and told myself to just do it, and it was alot easier to learn and get comfortable with it than i expected.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:37 AM

Yeah i hear the hype about standing staggered, but im just going to rock the factory pegs, with some factory sprockets.

If anything happens i know my si cage can handle it.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:00 PM

Big Float is a decent person

you dont need to use your break if you are below BP, but its good that you are ready to use it. you might think you are at BP but probley not by the way you are talking. You would definately know if you are.

Stick with the staggards first, they feel strange initially but after a couple sessions you will think it is so much more comfortable.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 PM

J Dollaz is a decent person

Originally Posted by 07Rsixxer
i have been chasing sitting for a couple weeks, just started standing staggered today. still chasing, but i can tell it will be alot easier once i get use to it!
Been chasing the front wheel for a while Myself...
All sitdowns, Havent yet tried to stand up!

I've been Flirting with BP almost everytime...
Just have to Keep Nuetral Gas flow I guess and keep adjusting...
Its just that once I Clutch it up Nice and High, its still not high enough..
So I Gas it to get it higher, and I shyt my pants evrytime it get to BP...
#1 cuz I cant see shyt, #2 the bike feels like it goes from 400 Lbs..
to wieghtless in about 1 second... and I Let off and Try not to slam down hard...

Gotta Grow More Ballz, Im tired of this Chasing the wheel B.S.
Sometimes I do it pourposly so I can at least wheelie for Longer...

Quick Reply: Standing VS Sitting