got the 12 bar forgot to buy balls

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM

gofastcrazy is a decent person
got the 12 bar forgot to buy *****

ok so this ******* thing is back there begging me to scrape it,but i cant get the bike slowed down enough to hit it where i think it's not going to throw me off.so i need some help with problems i have.

1: once it's up it wabbels side to side and i can't get control of it.i have used 25 through 12 lbs of air and 20 is the best,but it still wabbels

2:my brake control sucks.......ideas...help anyone....please?

3:what speed to get to before i hit,and how much will a f4i subframe take.i have a SI subframe cage and SI 12 bar

4:or am i just a *****?

i am trying to learn the right way and not **** my bike up to where i cant ride.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: got the 12 bar forgot to buy *****

Originally Posted by gofastcrazy
ok so this ******* thing is back there begging me to scrape it,but i cant get the bike slowed down enough to hit it where i think it's not going to throw me off.so i need some help with problems i have.

1: once it's up it wabbels side to side and i can't get control of it.i have used 25 through 12 lbs of air and 20 is the best,but it still wabbels

3:what speed to get to before i hit,and how much will a f4i subframe take.i have a SI subframe cage and SI 12 bar

i am trying to learn the right way and not **** my bike up to where i cant ride.
1-quit being a lumberjack
2-practice until it is better
3-between 10 and 80 MPH is ideal. If you are worried about the subframe on an F4i, you shouldn't have a bar on it.
4-yes.
That's part of the process of learning. Try new stuff, wreck, repair, and repeat until you don't wreck.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
The Mountain Killer

JonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gofastcrazy

Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM

polish projecti is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
1-quit being a lumberjack
2-practice until it is better
3-between 10 and 80 MPH is ideal. If you are worried about the subframe on an F4i, you shouldn't have a bar on it.
4-yes.
That's part of the process of learning. Try new stuff, wreck, repair, and repeat until you don't wreck.
Good advice but i see one flaw in your program.
Videotape, wreck, repair and repeat... thats better!
Old 04-06-2008, 06:38 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

you shouldnt have gotten a 12 bar if you cant scrape
Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Afflicted
I dont agree with that but everyone has their own opinion. I used the bar to learn. The way I learned was doing the *** drag. Right foot covering the brake left foot on the floor. From a dead stop start popping up the front end. Dont try to ride the wheelie out. Try to pop it higher and higher each time until you hit the bar. It took me I think a day to get the ***** to get the bike to the bar. Keep doing that until you can hit the bar on demand. Then start working on your brake control and start popping it up and try to catch it with the brake before hitting the bar. And you'll see when if and when you try this - when the bike gets to the bar your natural instinct will be to jump off the back of the bike. You shouldnt bust your *** doing this.

AGAIN - JUST MY OPINION AND WHAT WORKED FOR ME. I still suck but this is the only thing that worked. Prior to that I was chasing pow pow's or looping out from chasing pow pows. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:50 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I dont agree with that but everyone has their own opinion. I used the bar to learn. The way I learned was doing the *** drag. Right foot covering the brake left foot on the floor. From a dead stop start popping up the front end. Dont try to ride the wheelie out. Try to pop it higher and higher each time until you hit the bar. It took me I think a day to get the ***** to get the bike to the bar. Keep doing that until you can hit the bar on demand. Then start working on your brake control and start popping it up and try to catch it with the brake before hitting the bar. And you'll see when if and when you try this - when the bike gets to the bar your natural instinct will be to jump off the back of the bike. You shouldnt bust your *** doing this.

AGAIN - JUST MY OPINION AND WHAT WORKED FOR ME. I still suck but this is the only thing that worked. Prior to that I was chasing pow pow's or looping out from chasing pow pows. Good luck.

That sounds like a GREAT way to destroy your bike and subframe..

personally I just started with clutching em up at about 20, riding them out tell about 40..
Then I got to where I could hold them steady at around 30mph, then 20, then 15, then started learning idle and held them under 10mph.

Then I started letting it go further and further back on idle tell I scraped stock tail, then threw a 12 bar on and was fine..

Sounds a little out of control and dangerous to just be 'clutching to the 12 bar'

How about, clutching it to balance point, and gently setting it on the 12 bar?

I scraped my fiberglass tail at least 500 times, never broke it :YEAH

edit: just curious.. Using your method.
Can you ride a WHEELIE? Can you wheelie for miles? Can you control idle? Can you SCRAPE it at speed? Or do you just clutch it, hit the bar, and come back down?

What would happen if YOU tried to hit it at 30mph? Think you would walk away from it?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL

i understand its your opinion, and i learned with my foot down clutching it up from a dead stop when i started oing slow stuff, i didnt try doing the 12 bar that way and i would have gotten probably fucked up or destroyed the bike learning that way

but that smy opinion, thats why they have 12 bars and round bars and **** tails, cause everyone has a different opinion and do what they feel is right

but what is so wrong with learning with your foot down?
as long as it doesnt become a habbit
Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee

personally I just started with clutching em up at about 20, riding them out tell about 40..
Then I got to where I could hold them steady at around 30mph, then 20, then 15, then started learning idle and held them under 10mph.

Then I started letting it go further and further back on idle tell I scraped stock tail, then threw a 12 bar on and was fine
if i were to start all over again i would do it the way towlieee described it although i would get a round bar before ever touching my tail to the ground...

truth be known i scraped the tail on puprose the first night i tried long before i could ever catch idle..it was stupid looking back on it but i had talked alot of **** to people i watched trying to scrape there tail i had to just do it
Old 04-06-2008, 08:47 PM

813_07_Gsxr is a decent person

OH ****, Thanks for your words of wisdom taint master. I forgot.. scraping the 12 is like growing pubic hair. when its time its will just grow where you need it. what a tool
Old 04-06-2008, 09:01 PM

It becomes a habbit, I learned on a f2 caged pos sitting down. If I had not dumped the bike 50 times I diddent once. I still have that f2 and my friends are learning the right way. If you have no fear of getting hurt or hurting the bike thats 99% of the problems..
Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

just scrape it
Old 04-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by 813_07_Gsxr
OH ****, Thanks for your words of wisdom taint master. I forgot.. scraping the 12 is like growing pubic hair. when its time its will just grow where you need it. what a tool
you callin me a tool?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

you callin me a tool?
I was wondering the same thing?

It will be funny when that Gixxer of his is toast huh.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 PM

gofastcrazy is a decent person

ok i am scrapeing that bitch today and video will be taken
Old 04-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

I got a 12 bar to pick up the ladys. . . . . I use an angle grinder when it gets rusty
by the time then know Im a faker, its already to late bwahahah
Old 04-07-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I was wondering the same thing?

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
It will be funny when that Gixxer of his is toast huh.
very

gotta love when it gets warm out, all the young squidies buy bikes and think they are hot ****
Old 04-07-2008, 03:23 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NAARDEN INC
I got a 12 bar to pick up the ladys. . . . . I use an angle grinder when it gets rusty
by the time then know Im a faker, its already to late bwahahah
mmm angle grinder I'll have to try that

I just put my 12 bar on my 50 to scrape it up, and put it on my sport bike for the ladys

Old 04-07-2008, 03:58 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

i understand its your opinion, and i learned with my foot down clutching it up from a dead stop when i started oing slow stuff, i didnt try doing the 12 bar that way and i would have gotten probably fucked up or destroyed the bike learning that way

but that smy opinion, thats why they have 12 bars and round bars and **** tails, cause everyone has a different opinion and do what they feel is right

Nothing wrong with learning with your foot down at all as long as you progress and eventually get that foot up. And obviously everyone has their own opinion. In my case I was either chasing wheelies or looping out until I started doing the foot downs. Once I started slamming the bar I realized just how far I have to go back to be at BP. Thats what helped me. I did have a GSXR 600 at that time and I did go through 3 or 4 subframes learning until I got a steel subframe. Thankfully I sold it as soon as I put the steel sub on because I'm sure I would have busted the frame tabs.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:42 PM

very

gotta love when it gets warm out, all the young squidies buy bikes and think they are hot ****
Im 26 and have been riding for 10 years..
I dont think im hot ****, I was just stating the obious that your comment was stupid as it was. You do something 15 times it becomes a habbit, cant argue that just the way it is. Now you should see why I called you a tool.

Quick Reply: got the 12 bar forgot to buy balls