CRF450R know i need pegs and a 12 bar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:40 PM

hondacrf150f1 is a decent person
CRF450R know i need pegs and a 12 bar?

Ok guys, i recently picked up a CRF450R supermoto. Know i need rear stunt pegs and a 12 oclock bar. I was gona have a guy i know fabricate up a bar for me, but i want something bolt on, so i can take it off for racing.

Hook me up:YEAH
Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CRF450R know i need pegs and a 12 bar?

motards do not need 12 bars
Old 03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
motards do not need 12 bars
+1, they have rear fenders.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by NINER
+1, they have rear fenders.
IM thinking it will snap off the first time i go over to far...what about pegs?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

They do if you want to stand with foot in bar and combo.. ... anything besides just plain ol seatstanders sounds good to me....:YEAHI actually have a hole cut in the very back part of my bike, my seat is cut off, and fender through.... all cuz I haven't made my scrape bar yet....

I would check into ESD manufacturing and ask Ryan Moore to get you some of the passenger pegs if you were interested in them.... As far as pegs go....

http://www.supermotostunts.com/

I love mine...as long as I'd quit breaking the brackets, pegs are great, but the bracket parts are skeletonized and I think they bend in even with me just standing on them, but aluminum and slotted like they are, kinda makes them prone to bend or push in if you look at them wrong... That's the only thing that I would change about mine... they look cool, but solid on the sides would add some strength.....

I'm not saying that they are not strong.. they are. just I'm hard on **** I guess?

When I first got them and crashed they broke my subframe plating that I welded up to use them...!! Then I had it rewelded up stronger than the pegs I guess, cuz now the peg brackets just bend and my subframe is fine!

From this....
Name:  esdpegsarrive.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  169.4 KB
To this....
Name:  bentshit2.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  113.6 KB
Then to this......:YEAH
Name:  hpim18572.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  173.5 KB
And now broken again for the third time and my other one is bent in a touch, I think just from just standing on it and riding...... (the slider on the peg isn't scratched from crashing so that's why I think that it bent just from my 160lbs standing and jumping on it.....since it never has hit down..)
I need to change something, but instead of re-routing the exhaust to an under tail like Ryan did, in my situation, I decided to bring them out some in order to make them work at all...

ONe thing that is for sure is that without adressing this issue on your bike, and then welding up some tabs at the very least to your subframe... good luck getting any stunt pegs on at all! just FYI

The exhaust can is a huge pain in the ***!

Search around and you'll find how different people did different stuff to get around it....
you can see here what I'm talkin about with having to "bring them out" on my bike from this picture pretty good... although it's a KTM, you'll have to deal with similar issues. And why not brace up your subframe while your'e at it??? I just ddn't want an aluminum scrape bar too, so I held off at that time from makin one with all this, and I'll make one out of steel and put it on myself... which is the par for the course for motard stuntriders to do about a scrape bar if they want another place to stand or do bar tricks... just no where to source things from quite yet for this stuff....

Name:  standstill01-08.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  194.1 KB

good luck and since noone was replying I made up for it all with my marathon post!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person

Originally Posted by hondacrf150f1
Ok guys, i recently picked up a CRF450R supermoto. Know i need rear stunt pegs and a 12 oclock bar. I was gona have a guy i know fabricate up a bar for me, but i want something bolt on, so i can take it off for racing.

Hook me up:YEAH
dude...you don't need ****..you can stunt them bone stock no hb and knobbies... scrape the fender its way more gangster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beAWqlZZl-k

this is me on my bone STOCK 450r knobbies and all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNs3aXGAlvk
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I see a peg on somebody's axle.....

**** man, yea you don't NEED anything, but it's cool to have it if you want it... And getting some rear pegs does/ or "could" I should say...really open up your combo bag pretty wide afterwards, you have to admit.

OH, and I wore my knobbies off the rear, and got this metzler on mine for cheap and I love it! (like two new ones for a bill!), and now I need a 21" street tire since you can see my knobbies from stoppies, but also because I'm still too cheap for the real deal rims! So yea you don't need the **** to ride, per se... it just makes it better, and I wouldn't sit around not riding cuz you don't have pegs and a bar if that's what ur sayin also....
Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 PM

ok guys well here is my new 450r...

I find it easier to wheelie my XR650R so far, because the 650R will pull longer, i can bring it up in 2nd, and ride it out in 3rd, but on the 450 ive yet to be able to shift mid wheelie. Its harder to controle. I quess i just need a lota practice, but i really cant stay at balance point.

Name:  CRF450R-New001.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  208.4 KB

Name:  CRF450R-New002.jpg
Views: 2569
Size:  226.4 KB
Old 11-06-2008, 02:14 AM

double Z is a decent person

put some passenger rearsets from a street bike on the subframe with U-bolts thats what i did, as for the bar i extended the subframe by connecting some iron and making a bar to put my feet on, although i crashed and bent the hell out of it it.

stunt pegs
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=34859680

bar
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=33804598