I Think Zeros or Marry Go's? OMR

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:19 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person
I Think Zeros or Marry Go's? OMR

Ok I've been trying to learn rear brake and idle a lil bit tryin to understand how to do the zero's i think thats what they are called.....i'll explain I see alot of guys doing it where you sit back and let the bike dip into a circle and back out to the other side into another circle.....now the question is do I really have to crank the idle up on these or I can stay at normal like 2000 to almost 2500 rpms? Remember i'm tryin to learn how to use the rear brake more and I think this is a pretty good way of learnin too.......I've tried on for wheelers and I just want to learn my bike more..........OMR where you at? you usally got good info?
Old 02-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Re: I Think Zeros or Marry Go's? OMR

This move but sitting.........

Name:  382207291_l.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  32.4 KB
Old 02-16-2008, 06:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yes i think that would be a good way to get use to using your rear brake and i wouldn't turn the idle up too much or you will smoke your brakes while your learning ...

i call them two wheel no handed circles ,long but it keeps me from having to explain...lol

when your going to low side get off the brake and when your going to highside get on the brake ,and thats pretty much it beside a little leaning in and out.....
Old 02-16-2008, 06:47 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I actually just started trying these today when I got bored of my bullshit wheelies. I spoke w 2 people on here who got them on lock and this is what each one told me which is pretty much the same **** as what OMR just told you.

Hi, when you are on full lock going round in a circle, using the rear brake will try to straighten the bike up... so to stop the bike falling over you need to use some rear brake ... when you get the hang of it you will find the right balance between idle speed and how much you use the rear brake. Start with dragging the brake constantly to get used to it....
I learnt to do zeros with my left hand still resting on the bar (but only very gently) and gradually releasing my grip until I was happy to take my hands off.. now I can move about and stand up/sit down etc...
It's all in the rear brake control!
------------------------------------------
it can be done on stock idle... but the key is to keep the bike more upright. and it is trick on stock idle.
on my bike at BOUT 3.8k the bike pulls pretty fast, so i do em that way, because the bike dips in pretty low, and keeps its speed. but the key to that trick is back break.
it dips you in, and then you just gotta have faith that it wont fall over, because the idle will drive you around.

I know this helps you with your brake control but for wheelies you still gotta get over the oh **** factor when you come up higher than you're used to. Good luck meng.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the way they wrote it it sounds backwards to me because when the bike is going in a circle and it starts to fall to the inside you have to get off the brake and when the bike starts to stand up straight thats when you hit the brake
Old 02-16-2008, 07:56 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

its a cool trick realy. good to do when your **** cramps up or your trying to warm your hands up behind the exhaust. OMR would no nothing about that. haha. But like he did say. your pretty much rub the brake the whole time. and when you say oh **** im falling in let off the brake and idle should pull you out of it. Lately Ive been doing left circles and no hand flipping them to the right. Its a bitch. and Ive been doing like blindside to the left with my left foot on the brake. simple but fun. its a fun wreck if you fall in. Just keep practicing. It is verry good for brake control if you ask me. and its more safe for you and people your riding with.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 PM

really appricate that guys........so I'm cool with where my idle is then? It seems like that so I don't smoke my brakes
Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 PM

Yeah on stock gears Im at about 2,200 RPM's. I dont think I need that much thats just what I always keep it at.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:04 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
the way they wrote it it sounds backwards to me because when the bike is going in a circle and it starts to fall to the inside you have to get off the brake and when the bike starts to stand up straight thats when you hit the brake
Maybe thats why I couldnt get the ****. Or I just suck I'll try it the way you said next time I ride.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:08 AM
also known as OMR

maybe they were messing with you...lol
Old 02-17-2008, 02:42 AM
NealFoReal

Thats fucked up lol.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:39 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

OMR, I thought you were messing with us. Im no pro at these but Ive been trying lately and thought it was kind like a circle wheelie in that if you were highsiding the brake would make you highside for sure. Maybe I have it backwards. Or should I try them in reverse? Maybe Im stuck in reverse Damn newbs making me think

Anyway I found after some time that there is a magic spot where my SI cage was an inch of the ground and not much if any brake was needed and the bike just floats there with the fork on the stop. Ive only gotten a half a turn without brake but Im going out in an hour so Ill give it another go.
I also found myself really leaning back to get em more upright: good or bad?

Last edited by Standupnfall; 02-17-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:02 PM
also known as OMR

what ever makes you feel comfy....lol

when you got it on lock you can sit on the rear seat , tank ,stand on the cage ,you can do one foot over the bars all kinds of combo's ..

some times i like to sit on the seat but with my right foot on the brake and my left foot on the right side cage in the thinker position...lol

so both feet are on the right side of the bike and my back is facing into the circle ,don't try this till you got the basics on lock

the thinker
Old 02-17-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
what ever makes you feel comfy....lol

when you got it on lock you can sit on the rear seat , tank ,stand on the cage ,you can do one foot over the bars all kinds of combo's ..

some times i like to sit on the seat but with my right foot on the brake and my left foot on the right side cage in the thinker position...lol

so both feet are on the right side of the bike and my back is facing into the circle ,don't try this till you got the basics on lock

the thinker

On the tank? Thats craziness :YEAH but anyways I tried them and just keep droppin the bike as soon as I take my left hand off and it would just fall.......and see what I don't like about turning my idle up it would freakin rev up like crazy and I get the oh hell no lets turn this back down.........this **** is hard thank you 905!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:29 PM

well what are you doing with your left hand are you steering? you dont wanna do that. you lock it all the way over and it never leaves that locked position. you use the brake only to keep the bike on the rubber. If the bike leans out and is about to high side you use the brake. when it leans inside the turn you let of. its tap tap tap all the way around. dont use your left hand to steer. keep your hands on the tank so you can lean the bike under you.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:33 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

omr is right as usual, you brake to fall in and let off to come out. when i was learning this i got frustrated really quick and got mad and hit the brake really hard and it started working. point is if it won't stay in your not hitting the brake hard/long enough. once you get it you don't have to hit the brake hard at all its just the first time you are usually not on the brake enough.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:07 PM

01GSXR-600 is an unknown quantity at this point

These are fun as hell to do when you can go forward standing up without hanging on and then just lean it into the marry-go-round (thats what we call them). Well, I think they are fun but I suck at stunting so.........
Old 02-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

Merry go round is the same as a hyper spin, just sat differently.

i guess we should call them zeros, as in zero air