CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:09 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i

Setup looks good

On another note.. You have any problem with those adapters in the background? Ive got a set on my truck and one of them squeaks like a ************
Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well i guess if you already crashed them and they didn't break thats cool but i would be skuured to drill all the way through my clipons...
Old 02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
Setup looks good

On another note.. You have any problem with those adapters in the background? Ive got a set on my truck and one of them squeaks like a ************
Nope... never a problem.

I was using them to run factory 20's on an 04' superduty... then upgraded to an 07' that came w/ factory 20's... so now they're for sale.

Originally Posted by old man roger
well i guess if you already crashed them and they didn't break thats cool but i would be skuured to drill all the way through my clipons...
I used a real small drill bit... and used one of the tiny bolts that go up into the factory f4i kill switch housing..

plus the clip-on itself is stainless tubing... so not too worried about it breaking.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

setup looks nice
Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

thats a pimp setup kj
Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 AM
kj

Originally Posted by 50slut
setup looks nice
Originally Posted by *Tanus*
thats a pimp setup kj
thanks and thanks...

seriously... I have this exact same setup on my stunter besides the scotts, and I've tossed the thing around for a couple wkends w/ out any problems....

so far... durability and handling of db bars w/ look and feel of clip-ons.... and I'm an ANTI-dirt bar guy (always have been).

I love it... would reccomend it to anyone.

easy pullin in/out of hc.... stoppies w/ no damper and no wobble... circles are cake to control....

until I snap a bar in a wheelie i'm sold on this setup
Old 02-18-2008, 02:09 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

aaahhh i didn't realise they were steel....

p.s get a damper..........
Old 02-18-2008, 09:58 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
p.s get a damper..........
ditto!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

All I did was grab a tattoo needle bar... (the piece of metal with the eye loop that you solder needles to the other end...) got it real hot over a candle.... and then pushed it through the kill switch on either side and then all the way through the middle piece iside there and then pushed a heavy duty safety pin through and you can't accidentally or on purpose turn the kill switch off if you tried.

I saw kyle woods and tim barnes do a stadium show with shockey here in KC, or topeka rather... and Tim told a story about how he kicked the kill switch goin ito a 50/50 and landed with the bar end up his ***! true story.....He said it fucked him up for a week or so!!! LMAO So Kyle said his nickname was "Tim kickflip the killswitch Barnes" from now on.... LOL

That was enough to scare me, so I went home and did the saftey pin thing to my 900RR and every bike I've owned since! LOL

Now on topic.... I have heard some people say that slappin an R1 throttle on is better on the k6-600 GSX-Rs..... I have thought about trying it and seein what the fuss is all about.....
Old 02-18-2008, 01:59 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Tim told a story about how he kicked the kill switch goin ito a 50/50 and landed with the bar end up his ***! true story.....He said it fucked him up for a week or so!!! LMAO So Kyle said his nickname was "Tim kickflip the killswitch Barnes" from now on.... LOL

OUCH **** dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:21 PM
kj

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
the saftey pin thing to my 900RR and every bike I've owned since!
yea I've had that on the bikes before I just decided to eliminate the switch all together
Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 PM

HallFace929 is a decent person

So I did this mod and had the same problem as Nags, BUT im a lazy *** and only swapped out the cable that didnt reach, so I have 1 from the f4i and 1 from the 1000rr. I started the bike, it started fine, I let it warm up and if I crack the throttle quick, it boggs, and after riding it when I turn it off it wont start right back up, but if I let it cool down it starts back up fine. I also did the clean air mod.

Could the fact that I didnt change bout cables be causing these problems? If not you guys have any ideas what could be causing these problems????
Old 03-24-2008, 07:19 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HallFace929
So I did this mod and had the same problem as Nags, BUT im a lazy *** and only swapped out the cable that didnt reach, so I have 1 from the f4i and 1 from the 1000rr. I started the bike, it started fine, I let it warm up and if I crack the throttle quick, it boggs, and after riding it when I turn it off it wont start right back up, but if I let it cool down it starts back up fine. I also did the clean air mod.

Could the fact that I didnt change bout cables be causing these problems? If not you guys have any ideas what could be causing these problems????

90% of the time if your bike won't start when its hot, you just need new plugs.

...and guy you don't need to start two threads within a minute of each other bout the same thing.

Last edited by lee majors; 03-24-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by lee majors
90% of the time if your bike won't start when its hot, you just need new plugs.

...and guy you don't need to start two threads within a minute of each other bout the same thing.
Thanks about the plugs, and I posted in this one then realized no one has posted in here for over a month so I posted a new thread, sorry if I offended you in any way, Ill make sure I cry myself to sleep tonight cuz I made such a big mistake... guy.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:42 PM

Thanks about the plugs, and I posted in this one then realized no one has posted in here for over a month so I posted a new thread, sorry if I offended you in any way, Ill make sure I cry myself to sleep tonight cuz I made such a big mistake... guy.

no prob, but your taking up valueable thread space

now go to bed now....and no crying. remember big boys don't cry
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by lee majors
no prob, but your taking up valueable thread space

now go to bed now....and no crying. remember big boys don't cry
Ok Lee, sorry sir.

Hey my bike has 22k on it, you really think its the plugs?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
Alright, **** you guys.

I gave up and put the F4i cables in the 1000rr housing. After I did that it took me 2 minutes to finish everything
I was just about to say do that exact thing b/c that's exactly what I did. I love the 1000RR housing b/c it's metal and not plastic. But instead of running the ignition setup from the 1000RR, I rewired the start side to a CR450F kill switch. Works AWESOME!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 PM

Ok Lee, sorry sir.

Hey my bike has 22k on it, you really think its the plugs?

definitely!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:02 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Subscribed. I wanna do this soon.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:39 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Just drilled the hole in the bar for the little nubs. Waiting on new throttle cables coz mine are **** and need something to weight the bars down and then Ima put this bitch on. :YEAH Looks a lot cleaner than stock. I wanted to get the kill switch closer to the throttle but I was a little off w my measurements. Oh well.

Name:  1000RRThrottleHousing.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  45.0 KB

Quick Reply: CBR1000RR Throttle tube/cables on F4i