-video added- Is this balance point in a stoppie?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person
Re: -video added- Is this balance point in a stoppie?

Wear full gear and keep trying
Old 07-23-2007, 10:46 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: Is this balance point in a stoppie?

Originally Posted by nags
Big Negatory.
easy for you to say you roll taller that shaq standing on his toes
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Lol

Have you ever even see me roll?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by nags
Lol

Have you ever even see me roll?
the miami street ride... Killin stupid tall stoppies up to the red light I filmed that whole ride with danny killer ride
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Oh snap. I forgot all about that.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:06 PM

not to jack your thread here's a little tip roll some stoppie towards a camera have the person take a picture when your at the tallest point. if your arms are completely locked and your tail its able to be seen over the helmet you're rolling tall and at balance point (which is the point before your off the brakes) Your steering will dramatically increase at this point making it possible for you to do 180's steer corners or obstacles or in nags case between cars on the highway

Old 07-24-2007, 04:46 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VTR-1000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyZsLhjJk0

i gotta head out for the night.. i'll read up on the tips 2morrow.. thanks in advance
don't pop it more at the end, this can be fatal...
Old 07-24-2007, 06:05 AM

da Liks is a decent person

haha i laughed when i read the topic title.. yesterday you were on your 2nd day of trying endo´s and now you think you hit the balance point.. that would be sickk..
the thing is, you dont wanna be rolling on the balance point cuz you´ll be going over! stay just a taaad before it..
Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM

CPStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by da Liks
haha i laughed when i read the topic title.. yesterday you were on your 2nd day of trying endo´s and now you think you hit the balance point.. that would be sickk..
the thing is, you dont wanna be rolling on the balance point cuz you´ll be going over! stay just a taaad before it..

So true. I destroyed all the pics of my old stoppies of what I thought was high. I think Wheeliest said it best. They're not a stunt, they are an ART.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 PM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by cpohoski
They're not a stunt, they are an ART.
that's how i think of it too.. more people in Holland think that and love them( Insane J, Racemaniac they kill stoppies)..
Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by da Liks
ahh.. didnt know that.. i thought it was similar to a wheelie.. i'm going to be doing more practicing tonight.. i found a MUCH larger lot so i am going to try to take the speeds up to around 50 tonight... i'll keep your guys posted on my progress..
Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 PM

arrrrrr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tony L
not to jack your thread here's a little tip roll some stoppie towards a camera have the person take a picture when your at the tallest point. if your arms are completely locked and your tail its able to be seen over the helmet you're rolling tall and at balance point (which is the point before your off the brakes) Your steering will dramatically increase at this point making it possible for you to do 180's steer corners or obstacles or in nags case between cars on the highway

rear seat over top of your helmet= stoppie BP
Old 07-24-2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
Lock your arms, look forward. Rev out the gear higher and drop the throttle and get right on the front brake. You can hear in the video the one locked up the tire for a split second because you coasted then pulled it up. Maybe do them in second and get a bigger spot so you can come in a little hotter. More speed = more time to get a feel for the front brake and to make adjustments to the rear tire height. Use the gear where you have it just about tapped out RPM wise at around 30-45 MPH. Turn your idle down to 1000 or lower if it isn't already.
thanks for the pointers.. most of my stoppies in that video were done in second gear around 8k rpms.. about 40 mph..

bigger lot tonight so i will get some more speed and hopefully a better feel.. i will put up a video of my progress.. or a crash hopefully later tonight lol
Old 07-24-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by villa76
stop doing them now!!!!!! It hurts when you fall!
i'm sure i'll regret not listening to you later..but for now.. i like the risk.. stoppies are probablly the sickest looking trick on a bike when you can roll them out a couple hundred feet
Old 07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just started learning on my Motard and have hit the 60' mark a couple times...its weird when you ride out an endo you feel like that rear end is higher, then you look back at your video footage and your hardly off the ground....like someone said baby steps, you will truly know when you get close to the point of no return.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 PM

heres day 4.. i am feeling pretty confident with them now.. found 2 new lots.. got kicked out of both of them and the normal one i use was packed with cars tonight... so i only got a total of about 10 mins of practice in.. hopefully i will have some more practice time tomorrow.. every time i felt like i was getting warmed up i got booted...

i tried locking my elbows a coulple times.. its hard to stay locked though .. i will keep trying it though.. i will keep posting vids as i progress..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADZk9I6_pTM
Old 07-25-2007, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by arrrrrr6
rear seat over top of your helmet= stoppie BP
oh you dick! 1 finger on the brake rolling super tall i remember when you bubash and i were rolling at stunt fest within 25 feet of each other!

Old 07-25-2007, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by VTR-1000
heres day 4.. i am feeling pretty confident with them now.. found 2 new lots.. got kicked out of both of them and the normal one i use was packed with cars tonight... so i only got a total of about 10 mins of practice in.. hopefully i will have some more practice time tomorrow.. every time i felt like i was getting warmed up i got booted...

i tried locking my elbows a coulple times.. its hard to stay locked though .. i will keep trying it though.. i will keep posting vids as i progress..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADZk9I6_pTM

Here's some tips
  • Your not rolling in fast enough
  • You neeed a steering Damper
  • wear a jacket and a spine protector better than that icon
  • Take off the 12 bar or put a round bar on so you dont break your back.
  • Just roll in one spot dont keep switiching. Put a take off and a pickup .
  • mark off 300 feet roll in easy in second gear mark a pickup that is free of sand and any other garbage.
  • Look at the ground you are rolling on Slight dips, inclines and other stuff will kill you "know your roll" literally
  • KNOW THE DANGER YOU WILL FLIP! I had a nasty tank slapper that broke 10 ribs, Collapsed my lung, Road Rash, EXE....... spent time in a wheelchair. but still rolled one last time at Stuntoberfest. stoppies are no joke if your going for distance your going to eat it. Unless your superman Mitch Adam's
Watch this vid about 1:30 in and on whole lotta stoppies at BP and at speed .

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG1JiAl3cek[/YOUTUBE]
Old 07-25-2007, 02:48 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

that vid below sucks....you can't see anything....but the **** at the end were a good thing. STABILIZER man...get one...tank slappers suck
Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by DerekMey
that vid below sucks....you can't see anything....but the **** at the end were a good thing. STABILIZER man...get one...tank slappers suck
Didn't say it was high quality it was a sponsor vid when i was getting back on my feet after my wreck a year ago. I've updated video equipment since then... It was just to show BP and control during BP

BTW: Sweet tank dangler in your avitar

Quick Reply: -video added- Is this balance point in a stoppie?