Frame sliders or cages?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:02 PM

Avalanche25 is a decent person
Frame sliders or cages?

Hi everyone,
I bought an 01 gsxr 1000 a few months ago. I bought frame sliders for it but it looks like the cages would protect a little better. Is this true? Also, I would like to change my gearing. From what I read in a lot of forum posts it sounds like I should go up 8 to 10 teeth in the rear sprocket. I do a lot of highway riding to and from work. If I go any more than ten teeth will I loose to much top speed? Any help will be much apreciated. Oh and by the way, nice website you guys (and girls) got here. Glad to be a part of it.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:26 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold
Re: Frame sliders or cages?

don't go with any gearing until you have rear brake and bp skills.

cages are the best protection, but you really only need them if you're going to be stunting hardcore, and going to be dropping your bike. otherwise, you could get away with some rails
Old 01-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
don't go with any gearing until you have rear brake and bp skills.

cages are the best protection, but you really only need them if you're going to be stunting hardcore, and going to be dropping your bike. otherwise, you could get away with some rails
Ummmmmmmmmmm minty^^^^^
Old 01-02-2007, 11:34 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by villa76
Ummmmmmmmmmm minty^^^^^
I'm assuming his bike is minty and he's going to be pussyfooting it If it's already beat up and you're going to be stunting the **** out of it, then by all means get a cage:YEAH
Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Mx wheelier

joseleyva is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the extendet sliders could better than normal sliders, and for you that you are a street rider tha cage may not work or I think is useless for you unless you turn your bike into a stunt bike, and aout gearing try the everyone recomendation -1 in the front +2 in the rear to start, this is thebest configuratiofor a street/stunt bike, you are gonna lose about 5% of your top speed but I think you wouldnt be driving at 140 mph every minute.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:40 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

get the race rail -1+2 if ur mainly commuting n just wanna have some kicks
Old 01-03-2007, 06:59 PM

Avalanche25 is a decent person

Thanks for the info everyone. I hope to be a hardcore stunter some day. I know I'll be dropping my bike in the meantime so I'll go with the cages. I'll
then get the rear brake and bp down before changing my gears.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

i just got the race railz today n they seem to provide adequate protection for someone who is in the learning phase like myself. thats my
Old 01-15-2007, 12:52 PM

sytfu_RR is an unknown quantity at this point

if you decide to go with race railz get the extended sliders..I've dropped my bike with the standard sliders it comes with and it still touches the lower case clutch cover.. just enough to grind it at the edge..
Old 01-15-2007, 12:56 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

get a sickinnovations cage, enough ground clearance for the backroads and damn strong for stunting!