Round 12 Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point
Round 12 Bar

Would somthing like this be good enough to create a round 12 bar for a bike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Thi...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-23-2006, 01:08 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 12 Bar

If it is I want one!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:11 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

depends on the max wall thickness it can bend.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:23 PM

Bends 6 different diameter pipes from 1/2" to 2"

Bending bars can be adjusted to distance of 8-1/2", 11-1/4", 12", 16-3/4", 19-1/2", and 22-1/4"

Steel frame is 24" wide, 6-1/2" deep and 21-1/2" high

Bend up to 180 degrees

Jack capacity: 13-1/4" minimum, 22-3/4" maximum, 9-1/2" stroke

117 lbs shipping weight

Perfect for all types of automotive applications such as roll cage and exhaust pipe !!! DIES ARE INCLUDED !!

so anyone know?
Old 03-23-2006, 01:29 PM

LEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to behold

ur not going to be able to get a tight enough radius with that.... my buddies got a 2k tubeing bender and wont even bend tight enough .... have a better chance heating some tube up with a acetalyne torch n bending it ...
Old 03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want a cheap bender, go to harbor freight.

you get what you pay for. it may last long enough to make a few round bars, but if you get some POS then you will be better off just buying a round bar. trust me, ive gone through enough shitty equipment to realize that its better just getting the good thing the first time.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:14 PM

LEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by -MXD-
if you want a cheap bender, go to harbor freight.

you get what you pay for. it may last long enough to make a few round bars, but if you get some POS then you will be better off just buying a round bar. trust me, ive gone through enough shitty equipment to realize that its better just getting the good thing the first time.
he just posted a harbor freight bender... it'll bend tube, but not with a radius like the 905 bars...
Old 03-23-2006, 03:15 PM

thats the same one from harbor freight
Old 03-23-2006, 03:18 PM

Be better off buying a length of tube... for a 12 bar i'd say 1" DOM .120 wall ... taking it to a shop and have them bend a few lenghts for u...
Old 03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

depends on how many ton the jack is and if you have good dies for it, a 10 ton will bend it as long as you have a decent wall thickness and a good die. Working on one with a harbor frieght press now. Key is go slow, if not brake out the torch and go to town!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by The ChaOs
depends on how many ton the jack is and if you have good dies for it, a 10 ton will bend it as long as you have a decent wall thickness and a good die. Working on one with a harbor frieght press now. Key is go slow, if not brake out the torch and go to town!
What tube are u using? ... Bryce has a bender that'll proly work better ...
Old 03-24-2006, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Miltown
thats the same one from harbor freight

thats exactly my point. its cheap ****. i got a ton of stuff from harbor freight, it did work but only for about a month. that when i realized i better start spending real money & get good equipment.

if you want some bent tube, i can do it for you. i wont charge you anything extra, just pay me for materials & shipping.

only die i have is 5"
Old 03-24-2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by LEASIN IT
Be better off buying a length of tube... for a 12 bar i'd say 1" DOM .120 wall ... taking it to a shop and have them bend a few lenghts for u...

*** DOM, its not any stronger. its about 3 times as much, all for looks.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:24 PM

Not Sure is an unknown quantity at this point

When you start bending tubing with a torch, you may also want to consider the metallurgical effects that heating and cooling has on certain alloys. It is possible to not use any press or die, you can use a torch to heat the tubing so that it may be wrapped around a piece of pipe (that is of the desired diameter). Then you can heat treat the finished product in a furnace at a local vendor or you can use your torch to get the tubing red hot and submerge it in a dark heavy weight oil which will "work harden" the tubing restoring mechanical properties to some degree depending on the alloy used. Becareful when submerging the red hot tubing in oil, it may ignite the oil depending on oil weight. You would also want to use a fairly deep metal container so that the boiling oil does not over flow. Use the minimum amount of oil required to cover your part, if it does ignite, you don't want it burning for hours.

Just a thought.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

its not like the round bar gotta support a family of four... its just a "feeler" and tail plastic support...
Old 03-24-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Not Sure
When you start bending tubing with a torch, you may also want to consider the metallurgical effects that heating and cooling has on certain alloys. It is possible to not use any press or die, you can use a torch to heat the tubing so that it may be wrapped around a piece of pipe (that is of the desired diameter). Then you can heat treat the finished product in a furnace at a local vendor or you can use your torch to get the tubing red hot and submerge it in a dark heavy weight oil which will "work harden" the tubing restoring mechanical properties to some degree depending on the alloy used. Becareful when submerging the red hot tubing in oil, it may ignite the oil depending on oil weight. You would also want to use a fairly deep metal container so that the boiling oil does not over flow. Use the minimum amount of oil required to cover your part, if it does ignite, you don't want it burning for hours.

Just a thought.
i personally would stay away from this method

sounds like a drunk accident waiting to happen.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

dip it in distilled water when its rageing hot.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by -MXD-
*** DOM, its not any stronger. its about 3 times as much, all for looks.
I use DOM for everything ...... ur right tho, you dont need it ....
I dunno where u buy steal, but it's deff. not 3 times as much.. lol..
Old 03-24-2006, 04:07 PM
ROSS

$ROSS$ is a decent person

I have one and it works great.No matter what everyone thinks it might be cheap but it serves the purpose. I have built pletty of cages on it so far and still works great.Mine didnt come from harbor frieght but its the same thing i got from nothern tool.Buy it.And depending on the dapter it will bend the tight radius.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by LEASIN IT
I use DOM for everything ...... ur right tho, you dont need it ....
I dunno where u buy steal, but it's deff. not 3 times as much.. lol..

CA. everything costs more out here.

Quick Reply: Round 12 Bar