Stunt bike carbureted ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 12:18 AM

tohype4u2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stunt bike carbureted ?

Is it worth it to buy an older bike to stunt I was going to get a 2000 cbr 929 but its carbureted ,i heard there is a downside to older carbureted bikes what is it when doing long wheelie?

I know ill bang it up this bike is pretty trashed but somewhat cheap .naked no speedo no light claimed6800 miles

i was gonna throw race plastics and a speedo on it but it may be worth it to go with a newer fi bike
Old 02-23-2006, 10:49 AM

ldr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunt bike carbureted ?

Im in the same situation. Im buying a cheap carburated bike. I'm told they are fine, but you can't do bar tricks, or keep them 12'd for too long or they flood out and shut off. It's going to be a while before I can do either of those anyway.

Im just starting out, so I don't care about all that. I'm going to rock the cheap carburated bike and learn the basics,and if I'm not complete crap at stunt riding, then I'll trade up to a newer, better, FI bike. A cheap carburated bike will be a good beginer bike in my opinion.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:44 PM

ToesToTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tohype4u2
Is it worth it to buy an older bike to stunt I was going to get a 2000 cbr 929 but its carbureted ,i heard there is a downside to older carbureted bikes what is it when doing long wheelie?

I know ill bang it up this bike is pretty trashed but somewhat cheap .naked no speedo no light claimed6800 miles

i was gonna throw race plastics and a speedo on it but it may be worth it to go with a newer fi bike
929's are FI
Old 02-23-2006, 01:54 PM

even a 2000 they are fi dam maybe I should buy this. thanks
Old 02-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

my r6 handles 12v like a champ no bar though..
Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

You are an idiot. All 929's were Fuel injected.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:37 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

my zx6r isn't bad
Old 02-23-2006, 02:37 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

ya i think all 929s are FI too...
i got F4 its carb. and i believe 99 R1s are carb also.

in 2000 or 2001 i believe all bikes became FI
Old 02-23-2006, 02:38 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NINER
Did you know that from birth? Or did you find out somehow, like on a forum or at a bike night?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:33 PM

Ok expert I am not familiar with older honda's I havent rode one, and niether of my boys have older models only 1000 rr which are fi. I am not an idiot , I could have researched it but it was easier to post here?

The reason I asked is my 00 r1 is carbed as well as an 02 kawi zx9 carbed so I figured it would take honda the same time to implement fi technology into their bikes.
I didnt realize that I am required to have knowledge of all sport bikes from their inception to current year.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:37 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Ok expert I am not familiar with older honda's I havent rode one, and niether of my boys have older models only 1000 rr which are fi. I am not an idiot , I could have researched it but it was easier to post here?

The reason I asked is my 00 r1 is carbed as well as an 02 kawi zx9 carbed so I figured it would take honda the same time to implement fi technology into their bikes.
I didnt realize that I am required to have knowledge of all sport bikes from their inception to current year.

you tell him man.. shieet a 00r1 is carbed also?? there goes my plan
Old 02-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Suzuki rolled out their FI systems. 750's got them in 98, 600's had to wait until 99. Buy the 929, it used to be the stunt bike to have before everyone ran out and got a 600.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by MikeM
Did you know that from birth? Or did you find out somehow, like on a forum or at a bike night?
It came to me in a dream.....A mutlicolored unicorn floated down from a ice cream cookie sandwich and wistered in my ear: ""All hondas after the 900rr are fuel injected" Then the unicorn said "All 929's are fuel injected. I thought everyone had that dream.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:42 PM
$$$$$$$

Suzuki rolled out their FI systems. 750's got them in 98, 600's had to wait until 99. Buy the 929, it used to be the stunt bike to have before everyone ran out and got a 600.

gixxers had FI in 98 ??? are you sure man?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
gixxers had FI in 98 ??? are you sure man?
only the 750's. Ask Timex, he had a 98 that was most definately FI.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Retired

http://www.mcreports.com/Pages/Indiv...750-96-00.html
Read the little infor box on the left hand side.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 PM
$$$$$$$

well i'll be
googled it and yes the 98 gsxr 750 had FI
intresting ..
i have no clue why the R1 was still carbed in 00 and 99
Old 02-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
well i'll be
googled it and yes the 98 gsxr 750 had FI
intresting ..
i have no clue why the R1 was still carbed in 00 and 99
Becuase Yamaha sucks.
I'm sure it was a case of their engineering department being asleep at the wheel.

PS, I am a stuntlife ninja.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:11 PM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yami didnt go FI until 02'

Honda went FI in 00 as its been stated alread

Suzuki started going Fi back in 99'

Kawiz...meh who cares as long as its a 636 ya good hahaha

Go for the 929...if its cheap and u dont want it hooke me up brotha!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:16 PM
$$$$$$$

so azn boi a 00 f4 is fuel injected???

btw is there any conversion to make a carbed F4 into FI?

Quick Reply: Stunt bike carbureted ?