learn 12s the easist way???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 11:14 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by mixtremesdave
i have a bar on it now, its about 10 inches out, i hit it a couple times, but hard, i plan on doing the same as said before, get comfortable with it and then cut it down some. but by the time my **** is on the lite the trick will be played out(as if its not allready)

thanks for all the help guys

p.s. sliders wont help if you wreck a 12............
im thinking im gonna put a bar on,anyo of you guys using that cage that the texas guy sells?
Old 02-18-2003, 11:22 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
JackassRR uses one of those cages, its dope but i think hes gonna change somethin on it..holla at him hes madd nice
Old 02-18-2003, 11:46 PM

mattdedes is an unknown quantity at this point
i just put my bar on, its gonna stick out about 10 inches past the tail, i wanna get it up to that point, then shorten it as i get better, i think that will be the best strategy for me
Old 02-19-2003, 12:27 AM

how should i make a 12 bar??i think im gonna make one this week,
Old 02-19-2003, 12:55 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by hayez
how should i make a 12 bar??i think im gonna make one this week,
You should probably just learn without one...
Old 02-19-2003, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by nags
You should probably just learn without one...
YOU GUYS GOT ME BACK AND FORTH,LOL.im gonna pm you towmorrow if i decide to ride after i get out of school,all depends on how tired i am after words,be about 10 30 or so if i do
Old 02-19-2003, 03:34 AM
Group Moderator

JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Merk:fugoff ..j/k

I run a cage from www.freestyleingenuity.com and highly reccomend it. It has paid for itself already. ***..I'll push it over just to show people how good it works..seriously.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:14 PM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by mattdedes
i just put my bar on, its gonna stick out about 10 inches past the tail, i wanna get it up to that point, then shorten it as i get better, i think that will be the best strategy for me
10 inches past the tail? u will hardly be able to ride a wheelie past balance point cuz u will scrape... learn with the tail, tails are cheap as hell and ur less likely to crash when u scrape...
-ice
Old 02-22-2003, 04:25 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by mattdedes
Thats how I learned to scrape, after destroying my tail trying. It was good to get used to the feeling without being in the danger zone. It took me 3 sessions of 10 minutes each to get it to the length of the stock tail.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:41 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by icehot113
10 inches past the tail? u will hardly be able to ride a wheelie past balance point cuz u will scrape... learn with the tail, tails are cheap as hell and ur less likely to crash when u scrape...
-ice
look who's talking
Old 02-24-2003, 06:01 PM

infamy is an unknown quantity at this point
i took my subframe to my friends house and gave him some good pics of 12 bars so he could make me one. when i picked it up a week later he had made me an adjustable one with square tubing that slides in and out. and you can bolt up the contact plate so you can replace them. it has about 6 inches of adjustment. real easy to adjust the length with plastics on and everything.
its on the bike now , looks good but havent had a chance to test it yet since i have to take the bike back to his house and have him put some finishing touches on it.
will post when i get a chance to test.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:02 PM

by the way... whats the best psi. to run when learning twelves? and whats tooo low of a psi?
Old 02-24-2003, 09:35 PM

do post pics i would like to see it,thanks,i actually run 15 psi in my tire when i go out,i dont knowi if its good or bad but my wheelies are more stable like that,i actually just put a new m1 on the other day and dealer put it up to 36,my first wheelie i almost crashe because of the wobble
Old 03-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
15 psi is where you want to be for all around stunting in general .anything less and the tire casing will have a tendency to shift
Old 03-12-2003, 07:27 PM

cool,today was actually a good day,i think im getting pretty close
Old 03-13-2003, 01:16 PM

15psi for all around stunting???? wouldnt you dent the rim setting stoppies down?
Old 03-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
I have no dents from putting my endos down,but i wouldn't reccommend it if you are riding around avoiding pot holes. i weigh 220lbs.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:55 AM

this is what happened after my first scrape
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=13329
Old 03-17-2003, 11:09 AM

gixxerking is an unknown quantity at this point
i been trying 12's whitout a bar and let me tell you im not even close from scraping,everytime im try them i come up too fast and almost flip,do you keep presure on the brake as you go,does gearing make it easier?
Old 03-17-2003, 12:08 PM
ScooterTrashST.com

NICK HILL is a decent person
id learn without a scrape bar.

make sure your rear brake is new with good fluid. while your learning them your going to probably go through a pad. watch out for brake fade. if you have a steel braded line that will help ALOT while your learning them.

also i suggest you hacksaw the tip of your pipe off.

also it helps me if i move all the way to the tank. (nuts to the tank) and extend my arms with hardly any bend at the elbow. this seems to keep the bike from going side to side.

do not chop the throttle. be consistent with it. be smooth.

right before i commit to a scrape i lighn up my triple tree to the bolts on my gastank to ensure im not crooked when i touch.

Quick Reply: learn 12s the easist way???