Walther p22

Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about
Walther p22

Anyone have one? I am going to go buy one this weekend and what everyone's thoughts on them are.... And i don't mean compare them to a bigger gun... As a .22 how good do you think they are? It will be my first pistol ... I have shot my step dads a lot but this will be just mine and only plan to use it to get used to the smaller gun till i get my concealed license in a few months when i turn 21.. Then will get a bigger gun.. (Yes i know Start with the gun you plan to use) But i want the p22 anyways... so figured it would be a good gun to learn the basics with and it is a very good price.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Walther p22

My roomate has one and it has given him nothing but problems. It might just be a "lemon" though.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 AM
T/C
Squid...

Only major problem i have seen is with feeding... and the newer ones have a new magazines that everyone seems to say fixes the problem... What are the problems he has had? And is it an older one? All in all its only $300 .. Lol
Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by T/C
Only major problem i have seen is with feeding... and the newer ones have a new magazines that everyone seems to say fixes the problem... What are the problems he has had? And is it an older one? All in all its only $300 .. Lol
He bought it used and had problems with it feeding correctly.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:10 AM
T/C
Squid...

Ahh okay thanks the new ones have fixed that problem with a diff type of magazines
Old 07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by T/C
Ahh okay thanks the new ones have fixed that problem with a diff type of magazines
I'll have to let my friend know. It's a nice little 22. It looks badass.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
T/C
Squid...

Yeah they look sick... Let me see if i can find the magazines code for you i was just reading about it like 30 mins ago.... Im trying to figure out what to do about buying it though im not 21.... Lol
Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 AM
T/C
Squid...

If the magazines ends in -A its a newer one that is said to fix the problem Also sloppy loading can cause jams and miss fires..
Old 07-16-2009, 11:01 AM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually looking to buy one too. A friend that works with me has one and loves it.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

It's nice, keep it clean and it will feed fine.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by jcrojas
I was actually looking to buy one too. A friend that works with me has one and loves it.
Originally Posted by nickalltogether
It's nice, keep it clean and it will feed fine.
Thanks!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

No problem. I have one. I would estimate it's had about 250 rounds through it, which is no big deal really, and I would estimate it has only fed incorrectly 3 times, mostly in the first 50 rounds on the first day I had it.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
T/C
Squid...

Sweet im going to go pick one up this weekend... i keep reading and every one i see bitching about them had an early one... and from what i can tell all the new ones are pretty much fixed as much as you can expect for a $300 gun... I really want to get a glock but im just getting it for fun and i would much rather be able to shoot for cheap.. Glock is next on the list though..
Old 07-16-2009, 03:12 PM
IV
"bitchen"

IV will become famous soon enough

lets see some pics of this thing travis.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 PM
IV
"bitchen"

nevermind. here are a few pics i found. looks pretty cool.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	p224.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	228217  
Attached Images    
Old 07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
T/C
Squid...

I know they are ******* tight its like a small p99... and figured its kinda like a glock so useing it would be prefect when i plan to get a glock later... I used to do comp shooting when i was in school long time ago.. but that was all clay pidgions and what not.. And want to get back out on the range with something other then a shot gun was looking at some long range rifles... but dont want to spend that much right now and a .22 is a really cheap way to go to the range and not spend a **** load on it and this gun gets me a cool gun with a .22 round and from what i hear it is now a very nice little gun... I want a silencer for it! Lol Cant wait for this weekend though going to pick it up if i can find someone to go buy it for me... ha
Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
IV
"bitchen"

werd. im picking up a glock G19(9mm) as soon as the next gun show comes through. i would rather get a G32(.357cal) or G38(.45cal) but ammo is getting crazy expensive now days. im all about the compacts. easy to conceal and comfortable for my small little girl hands.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:09 PM
T/C
Squid...

Hey i have small hands to the exast same reason these are the guns i am looking at... I really want a glock as i said.. and was tempted to buy one first but everyone i talk to says for just screwing around the p22 will be more fun and cheaper in the long run for sure... When i get my concealed in a few months i will be carrying a glock for sure **** useing a .22 for protection... Went by cheaper than dirt last night and cabelas and both have a limmit on how much ammo you can buy and both had a short supply .... Have a few friends who are now haveing problems finding ammo for there guns and when they do they are paying out the ***... I would wait for a gun show but i would be tempted to buy a used p22 and the older ones have lots of problems. i want to make sure i get a new one.. when i buy my glock i will be going to a gun show for sure Lol
Old 07-16-2009, 04:19 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

the p22 is a great gun,. i like the sig mosquito too. its a .22 and is $300 also. if your look'n to carry a compact for your chl, check the gun shows. i got a h&k usp compact .40 w/ night sights and two mags, brand new, for $625
Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 PM
T/C
Squid...

Yeah i will be getting my gun for my chl at the gun shows... With all the older p22s having problems i want one as new as i can get lol and dont mind paying a new price when its that cheap. Thanks for the info man! im sure when i am ready for the next Hand gun i will have 10,000 questions Lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Walther p22