Originally Posted by jerbs
Just go put in an order somewhere and get in line
and it is one LONNNNNGGGGGGGGGG line!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:50 PM

jerbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ar15 upper

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
and it is one LONNNNNGGGGGGGGGG line!
You are telling me, I placed an order with Del Ton in December 2008 and still havent got it.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 PM

Joezx10r is a decent person

There are a few on gunbroker but be prepared to pay inflated prices.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

gun show seems to be the fastest way to get one, and at times more economical if you have something for trade or cash.

24" barreled uppers at the last gun show I was at were $650 cash and it was $650 plus shipping to order the same setup from anyone else AND you would be on a waiting list!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

I am waiting on a .50 Beowulf upper from Alexander Arms. Built a Rock River lower with a Timney trigger for it. Prob still another 6 months wait on the upper. They are only 45 minutes away from my house, and I gotta wait like that!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I am waiting on a .50 Beowulf upper from Alexander Arms. Built a Rock River lower with a Timney trigger for it. Prob still another 6 months wait on the upper. They are only 45 minutes away from my house, and I gotta wait like that!
I gave up on .50 uppers and all the other caliber uppers, regardless how much I want a 6.5 grendel.

Dont be shocked to wait beyond that 6 months.

I dropped a Timney 3# trigger in my DPMS 24" build and have mounted it to my 16" upper and WOW that trigger is awesome!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM

I gave up on .50 uppers and all the other caliber uppers, regardless how much I want a 6.5 grendel.

Dont be shocked to wait beyond that 6 months.

I dropped a Timney 3# trigger in my DPMS 24" build and have mounted it to my 16" upper and WOW that trigger is awesome!
Yeah it is! I put Timneys in both my S&W AR and my RRA lower. I went with the 4 lb. I love that trigger! I've talked to Bill (Alexander) a few times, and I'll prolly get my upper sooner than most. Cool thing is I don't have to have it shipped! I'll just drive down the road and meet Bill at the R.A. gate!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 PM

Here's a crappy pic of my Smith&Wesson MP15t:

Name:  SU1HMDAwMjQuanBn.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  63.3 KB
The S&W mp15t is basically stag arms with Troy furniture and buis. M4 feed ramps and mil spec buffer and bolt carrier.
So far I've done Magpul CTR stock, ergo grip, timney 4# trigger, KNS non rotating trigger pins, magpul trigger guard, Tango Down vertical battlegrip, magpul xtm rail covers, built a ton of mags with magpul springs, followers, and the Ranger floorplates. Got an Aimpoint Comp M4 (not the S because I'm gonna use larues pivot mount for a magnifier). Also got a jetbeam M1X light and remote switch to throw on there! Just waiting for my Larue offset mount...
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

My Dad has 5 or 6 AR15's and enough to make a couple more, I will ask to see what hes got for parts for them..
Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM

Ive been considering a .17 cal upper. Seems to be the only ammo in my area thats easy to come by and dont have to give your first born to get.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 AM

Yeah it is! I put Timneys in both my S&W AR and my RRA lower. I went with the 4 lb. I love that trigger! I've talked to Bill (Alexander) a few times, and I'll prolly get my upper sooner than most. Cool thing is I don't have to have it shipped! I'll just drive down the road and meet Bill at the R.A. gate!
thats good news indeed!!!

I went with the 3# on my build I'm working on.......checked it and it breaks closer to 2.5# and is pretty consistent.

I did some internal work on the hammer, trigger, and spring in my standard AR trigger in my 16" and made it alot crisper and lighter.....just guessing, but betting somewhere around 5-6#. Thats perfect for a shorter defense weapon tho.

Ur MP15 looks good.....I had mine (MP15 lower with custom upper) all custom built with YHM parts: flip up front sight/gas block, fip up rear sight, lightweight 4 rail free floating handguard. Then did a couple small things like a titanium firing pin, swapped an ACE ltd entry buttstock and tossed the collapsible one, a few rail covers, EOTech, and just added an AAC 51 tooth Blackout flashhider/QD mount for my M4-2000 silencer. Ordered an AAC 51 tooth muzzle brake/QD mount for my 24" build too. One silencer, mutliple AR's, including a "sniper" rifle.

JoeZX10R........got any links to a .17 upper for an Ar????? I haven't seen one, but I do have a Savage .17hmr and its just flat out badass when it comes to accuracy!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM

JoeZX10R........got any links to a .17 upper for an Ar????? I haven't seen one, but I do have a Savage .17hmr and its just flat out badass when it comes to accuracy!!!
Sure do but just realized it is the 17 rem but this place has about everything...http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/ar15_conversion.php

Last edited by Joezx10r; 06-04-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM

thats good news indeed!!!

I went with the 3# on my build I'm working on.......checked it and it breaks closer to 2.5# and is pretty consistent.

I did some internal work on the hammer, trigger, and spring in my standard AR trigger in my 16" and made it alot crisper and lighter.....just guessing, but betting somewhere around 5-6#. Thats perfect for a shorter defense weapon tho.

Ur MP15 looks good.....I had mine (MP15 lower with custom upper) all custom built with YHM parts: flip up front sight/gas block, fip up rear sight, lightweight 4 rail free floating handguard. Then did a couple small things like a titanium firing pin, swapped an ACE ltd entry buttstock and tossed the collapsible one, a few rail covers, EOTech, and just added an AAC 51 tooth Blackout flashhider/QD mount for my M4-2000 silencer. Ordered an AAC 51 tooth muzzle brake/QD mount for my 24" build too. One silencer, mutliple AR's, including a "sniper" rifle.

You got the M4-2000? SIIIIIICCCKKKK!!!!!! I want one so bad. I'm setting up a trust to make the class 3 process a little easier. I like the ACE stocks. DL sports has some nice ones too, but EXPENSIVE!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Joezx10r
Sure do but just realized it is the 17 rem but this place has about everything...http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/ar15_conversion.php
damn.....wish it was an HMR....I got a ton of that ammo and would be sick knocking off prairie dogs with a cheap accurate semi-long range round thru an AR platform!!! "pop...dead....pop...dead....pop dead...." and repeat!

You got the M4-2000? SIIIIIICCCKKKK!!!!!! I want one so bad. I'm setting up a trust to make the class 3 process a little easier. I like the ACE stocks. DL sports has some nice ones too, but EXPENSIVE!
on its way now with one of the first 100 AAC Elements produced.....Can't wait! I went the normal CLEO signature route since my county sheriff seems to be cool with NFA items. I've got my tax stamp money sitting and ready to go!

If you get up around the KC area after I get em in, buzz me on here or somin and let me know.....you're more than welcome to come check em out. I think after you get a chance to shoot em you'll be going for AAC's cans for sure! I got to shoot a YHM Mite and hear a YHM .223 can and they were ok, but not in the same ballpark as an AAC!

I haven't checked out DL Sports......but liked the ACE stock on my 16" so much I bought the rifle length version for the 24" AR I'm building. Ideally I can pick up a drag bag that converts into a backpack that could potentially carry my 24" AR, carry my 16" AR in hand, loaded mags in the bag and vest which nicely holds my Glock17 9mm in a crossdraw holster with 5 mags, and my FN57 pistol on my thigh holster with 3 30-round mags with it. Talk about a walking arsenal! haha

Last edited by eazenutz33; 06-04-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM

damn.....wish it was an HMR....I got a ton of that ammo and would be sick knocking off prairie dogs with a cheap accurate semi-long range round thru an AR platform!!! "pop...dead....pop...dead....pop dead...." and repeat!
Yeah guess ill have to build one now shouldnt be to hard to do .17 10/22 barrel maybe blow back, tube receiver. A bit of machine work but should be worth it.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:45 PM

on its way now with one of the first 100 AAC Elements produced.....Can't wait! I went the normal CLEO signature route since my county sheriff seems to be cool with NFA items. I've got my tax stamp money sitting and ready to go!

If you get up around the KC area after I get em in, buzz me on here or somin and let me know.....you're more than welcome to come check em out. I think after you get a chance to shoot em you'll be going for AAC's cans for sure! I got to shoot a YHM Mite and hear a YHM .223 can and they were ok, but not in the same ballpark as an AAC!

I haven't checked out DL Sports......but liked the ACE stock on my 16" so much I bought the rifle length version for the 24" AR I'm building. Ideally I can pick up a drag bag that converts into a backpack that could potentially carry my 24" AR, carry my 16" AR in hand, loaded mags in the bag and vest which nicely holds my Glock17 9mm in a crossdraw holster with 5 mags, and my FN57 pistol on my thigh holster with 3 30-round mags with it. Talk about a walking arsenal! haha
Yeah man, I'll def hit ya up if I'm out that way. I'm in total agreement. The AAC cans are the way to go!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:46 PM

boosteda9 is a decent person

my friend is selling a delton kit for $900. all new m4 stock, 16" upper flat, bolt and carrier, parts kit. missing lower and rear sight.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by boosteda9
my friend is selling a delton kit for $900. all new m4 stock, 16" upper flat, bolt and carrier, parts kit. missing lower and rear sight.
given the times the price isnt too bad......I DO know where two S&W MP15's are for $759-799 right now...unfortunately I cant afford either one!

JoeZX10R......if you get one built I wanna see it and shoot it! I haven't spent money on a .22 dedicated AR upper yet (tho I might in the future once their available again and shoot with my .22 silencer on the end, but most likely would if there was an upper for .17hmr available I would have to jump on it.

Quick Reply: ar15 upper