Potato Gun

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Potato Gun

i've been making them for years........ I wanna hear some stories about these things, I got a couple of my own to share...post on
Old 02-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold
Re: Potato Gun

Like when the state police rolled up to me and my friends because they got reports of a shootout?

My last one got broken by the cops. Better then a felony weapon charge I guess.

We made a propane one with legs but it was too heavy for tactical use.

Nothing better then a gas soaked fire potato flying 150 yards.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
NFP

NFP is a decent person

Where to start...maybe when a deputy had me called into the office back in HS for piecing PVC together in Fleet Farm while my buddie was buying 1lb Pyrex powder. Something about 9/11 and heightend local security. That all happend before we even got to build the damn thing.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

I put a spud through my neighbors car window when i was 12.
Then used cows as target practice, almost got arrested that time
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM

Wowtah is a decent person

First time i built one we used a rubber expanstion chamber with hose clamps!!!! oopps!!!! **** blew up and i was in er with a fucked up ********!!!!! Still got the scar on my *****!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

when i was 17 i had a huge one mounted in the bed of my truck. for some reason i thought i wouldnt get in trouble for that.

I learned that smaller is better. a 1" barrel gives you 3 shots per potato instead of 1. Starter fluid works better than WD40 for power and doesnt foul the igniter as quickly.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I used rolled up newspaper wrapped in electrical tape for reuseable projectiles.

Lost my eyebrows looking into the chamber and clicking the ignightor wondering why it wouldn't fire.

Gave it to my sister's guy friends who used it until the chamber exploded while firing it from their shoulder. Guess he lost his hearing for a couple of days.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

we used to put rocks about the dia of nickels and quarters in the front of the potato and shoot it at the cars we were parting out for a church.

nothing like a rock shotgun blast followed by a vegetable into the window of some old beat *** car...
Old 02-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vetter
nothing like a rock shotgun blast followed by a vegetable into the window of some old beat *** car...
i wish i could find the pic of one of my civic hatchbacks.....i shot it from like 12 feet away (3" barrel) in the driver side rear quarter panel it smashed the panel so hard it blew out the rear window. :YEAH

thank god i never hit anyone with that one close range....
Old 02-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

i miss my hondas.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:04 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

we used to use gas in a pump spray bottle for propellant. we mostly used ours to bust the windows out of the water trucks and cats that they would use to **** up our mx tracks that we spent years building.

we also tried using different ammo, apples, tennis *****, etc., and nothing ever worked better than a potato. for added distance, we would use petroleum jelly to lube the barrell. also a must was sharpening the end with a file and using the flint striker from and old lantern, the electric clicker ones sucked.

Last edited by stock05; 02-06-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 PM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

hair-spray with a good dash of carb cleaner gave me the best results!
and the most burns/explosions......
Old 02-06-2008, 11:25 PM

svt600 is a decent person

i shoot mine at cows when there asleep! hit them in the *** and wow that **** is funny!!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:20 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

wow, you guys are crazy, all the crap I have found AXE body spray is the most explosive and consistient....it never fouls the ignitor either, and I have burned my eyes brows/bangs many times.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

my best story.....my friends dad came over one day and had never seen one so I was going to shoot it off for him.....I had everything loaded up and was doing the countdown. I twisted the flint ignitor and heard a loud bang. I was curious as to why it went off but the potato didnt come out. I quickly realized the 4" screw on PVC cap blew off the back (sometimes you cant thread them on alot because the threads get messed up). Either way the cap blew off the back of the gun and hit his truck, I kid you not it left a perfect 4" circle where the cap squarely hit the bed, it didnt dent real bad but there was a very noticable impression of the cap in his bed...thank god it was hit work truck. It just amazed me that it hit the truck perfectly square.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
wow, you guys are crazy, all the crap I have found AXE body spray is the most explosive and consistient....it never fouls the ignitor either, and I have burned my eyes brows/bangs many times.
In college they wouhand out free samples of axe. We stole a case of them and threw it on a bonfire. It was like giant metal saturn missles.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:42 PM

svt600 is a decent person

ight i want to see pics off your guns! ill get one of mine in the AM!!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont got a current one...but when I was younger we used to make them in all sorts of sizes...last project for me a sniper rifle which never got finished...I wanted to try and shoot either golfballs or 1" bullet shaped wood rods...either way it never got done...some kid launched a potatoe into an intersection and cause a huge accident blah blah blah people didnt really like us blowing **** up anymore...

...maybe Ill make one now...I remember back in the day someone was selling plans for a rotating 6 chambered potatoe repeater...
Old 02-08-2008, 12:50 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

...I remember back in the day someone was selling plans for a rotating 6 chambered potatoe repeater...[/quote]

hahahahah
Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Originally Posted by AzN~BoI_585
I dont got a current one...but when I was younger we used to make them in all sorts of sizes...last project for me a sniper rifle which never got finished...I wanted to try and shoot either golfballs or 1" bullet shaped wood rods...

good god, whats next??? chemical warfare....cmon guys its called a potato gun for a reason....haha

Quick Reply: Potato Gun