M4 Bad ammo

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:12 PM

Wowtah is a decent person
M4 Bad ammo

Anyone else ever try to use wolf ammo in a ar15? I could'nt get one shell to chamber after making a shot with that ****!!!! I bought some cause it was cheap and i'll never do it again! I'm gunna stop using it in my other guns too! **** is dirty!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 PM

jdridin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: M4 Bad ammo

Either you need to clean your gun or something is seriously jacked up, cause I shoot Wolf all the time and so do many others and I have never had a problem with it. It's probably not the best stuff, since it has the steel casing, but it's cheap. LOL. Make sure you AR is cleaned and buy one more box of Wolf and see what it does. If it messes up again I wouldn't know what to tell ya. Good Luck man.

Peace Justin
Old 02-06-2008, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by jdridin
Either you need to clean your gun or something is seriously jacked up, cause I shoot Wolf all the time and so do many others and I have never had a problem with it. It's probably not the best stuff, since it has the steel casing, but it's cheap. LOL. Make sure you AR is cleaned and buy one more box of Wolf and see what it does. If it messes up again I wouldn't know what to tell ya. Good Luck man.

Peace Justin

Dude i tried remington winchester and federal and had no probs! Tried wolf again and still tha same result! That ammo is ****! i'll get a pic up of a target my "gun broker" showed me. The holes from the wolf ammo are oblong!!!!! The damn bullets are tumbling! Bad stuff man spend the extra 2 bucks on the rem shiz!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

yeah wolf is garbage. the only wolf we buy is for shooting fast and aimlessly with the ak's. lol.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
yeah wolf is garbage. the only wolf we buy is for shooting fast and aimlessly with the ak's. lol.

yeah i hear ya!!!! All my bro's love my ak but it's a stupid gun that will alwase fire!!!!! lololololol!!!!!!! I tried a 4x scope on it and got a 5 inch grouping at best!!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:04 AM

Your def. right about the accuracy and the way they tumble! LOL. I never ever would shoot the Wolf stuff at an actuall moving target or in a hostile environment. Ha Ha. I only use good stuff for those reasons, but Wolf has been a good plinkin ammo for me.

What kinda AR you have anywhoo? Just Wondering.

Peace Justin
Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I'm a winchester man when it comes to hunting loads. Whether it's double X magnum turkey supreme's in the turkey gun, or the super X 150gr .270's at deer or whatever. They just work for me so why change?

As far as the AR goes tho.. I'd agree that it has to be ur gun as far as the jamming is concerened. I had no problem with target loads from wolf EVER and that is with years of use through my A3 tactical carbine. Now I'm talkin about a feeding or extracting issue...not accuraccy issue. If ur gun is right and mags are clean and springs and followers are good, it should really never jam. Unless it's maybe an old M-16 and not an AR. I noticed you said M4 in the title, so is it an A4 style variant or somin?

BUT like I was saying, it shouldn't be jamming from any ammo specifically ....that's why those things are what they are... my gun immediately after I built it, I let it sit after every time I shot... and that's for a couple thousand rounds with never being cleaned for 9 months!!!!!!!

All I did was just oiled er up a couple of times(if that) and it still performed with no discrepencies between ammo. That was after shooting it in the rain once too! It really shouldn't care what you feed it... It should just munch right through it.

Not to keep repeating myslef, but I'd at least check out ur gun IMO, or clean ur mags.... as far as the accuracy goes.. that is debatable too.....

Wolf is what it is, you can't spend that kinda skrilla and expect premium ya know? but it is also a possiblity that you did get ahold of some ancient stock that got rustled up off some back shelf, and dumped off on you or something like that...

good luck, be careful!!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:33 AM

Your def. right about the accuracy and the way they tumble! LOL. I never ever would shoot the Wolf stuff at an actuall moving target or in a hostile environment. Ha Ha. I only use good stuff for those reasons, but Wolf has been a good plinkin ammo for me.

What kinda AR you have anywhoo? Just Wondering.

Peace Justin
I just got it. It's a Bushmaster XM15 M4 A3 Tactical carbine. I got a 4x scope on it that mounts to the detachable carrying handle. Pretty tight gun! I just ordered a 4 sided picitanny rail hand gaurd for it and a surefire tac light, forward pistol grip that holds another mag as well! Lookin for a H&K 9mm In good shape if ne one knows sup with that!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wowtah
I just got it. It's a Bushmaster XM15 M4 A3 Tactical carbine. I got a 4x scope on it that mounts to the detachable carrying handle. Pretty tight gun! I just ordered a 4 sided picitanny rail hand gaurd for it and a surefire tac light, forward pistol grip that holds another mag as well! Lookin for a H&K 9mm In good shape if ne one knows sup with that!!!!!!

NICCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Next AR I get will either be a 6.8 or the 308 cal. but preferably the 308!!! By the way H&K's are crazy nice, but dang their expensive. LOL. If I were you though, I would go for a 40 cal or 45, unless your going to be using it as a carry gun or something!!! Just my 2 cents, which really don't count for anything. LMAO.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:23 PM

cashtown is an unknown quantity at this point

For plinking I shoot plenty of Wolf, but in 7.62x39 out of the AK and SKS. I've never had a problem with it.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:57 AM

NICCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Next AR I get will either be a 6.8 or the 308 cal. but preferably the 308!!! By the way H&K's are crazy nice, but dang their expensive. LOL. If I were you though, I would go for a 40 cal or 45, unless your going to be using it as a carry gun or something!!! Just my 2 cents, which really don't count for anything. LMAO.
Yeah i was a tard saying 9mm!!!! I'm specifically looking for a usc 45 acp. I found one in like new condition bout an hour from me. ****** $1200!!!!!!!!! Goin to check it out later on!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lg_usc_4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	205984  
Old 05-04-2008, 04:36 PM

NVRENUF is an unknown quantity at this point

Your gun and ammo are both defective, send them to me and ill send you $10
Old 05-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Guru

Joe Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Shoot Federal XM193 5.56 you will have no issues with it. It is the same stuff that has been in use by the military for along time.. wolf is good for ak's and sks's thats about it. If you want to shoot anything convert your m4 to a gas piston upper, or buy a gas piston upper from lwrc of pof and so on
Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM

ksolo is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah the wolf in an ak works fine target/ wastin ammo. I had a bushmater xm15 and ran some wolf in that ok. But im on to collectin pistols now. just got my permit
Old 05-21-2008, 05:33 PM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

the thing about having a M4 is that you need to have good ammo **** that burns clean cause if not that **** gums up and miss fires,,, since the m4 is a gas operated spring asst. weapon it needs that power to eject the round all the way out of the weapon,,, my thing is buy federal or other name brand **** that has a high grain count...

3 years as a infantry soldier i know that good **** bout killin ****!

-Tucker
Old 05-21-2008, 06:51 PM

skidmark is a decent person

You guys can't use AK's to say the ammo works... everything works in an ak! but after a while you'll see keyholes if you don't clean it up. Here's a reason why;

the problem with Wolf is the laquer/clear coat that they spray on the steel shells to prevent corrosion (and keep primer/powder dry) cuz that **** will burn up & gum up the internals as the weapon heats up from cycling. Still... it shouldnt jam on the 1st load, so good luck with that.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:21 AM

transamls1 is a decent person

I can't shoot wolf ammo through my Rock River AR-15 without it not ejecting. But it works fine through my Bushmaster, even with a 100 round drum.