Bump Firing...Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Mr Incognito is a decent person
Bump Firing...Anyone?

Has anyone tried bump firing before? My buddy told me to look it up on YouTube so I did...we went out shooting yesterday and I tried it for the first time with my SKS. Its hard a **** but its sick as hell when you actually get it to work.

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever played around with it?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person
Re: Bump Firing...Anyone?

I can get my AK pumpin real nice on bump fire but it's all for show. I can't hit **** with it and it's a waste of ammo...

-Max
Old 05-07-2007, 03:52 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I can empty a 90 rd drum on a Mak 90 in no time, I always called it slam firing. I assume you mean using the recoil and slight forward pressure on the forend, along with a stiff trigger finger to achieve a simulated full auto.

Trust me with 90 rds, after about 30 or so I can aim OK! Because it wastes at least 10 to 15 at first just getting it to go solid!
Fun as hell, and had the sherriff freaking out when he pulls up on a machine gun call.
He couldn't believe that we were doing that with a semi-auto, he insisted the gun had been tampered with, and I was afraid he was going to try and take it. He wouldn't even shoot it!! Funny ****, even back then when I first tried it, which was almost 12 years ago now!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 PM

ksolo is an unknown quantity at this point

damn. never heard of this. i just watched some videos and how to ****. can't wait to try it with the ak.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

so you need a higher recoil round?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
so you need a higher recoil round?

huh?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
huh?
He means you couldnt do it with a .22 or something. It's not REAL easy with the 7.62x39, and never tryed it with .223. I'd imagine .223 is bare minimum.

In other words, no/little recoil=no bump fire.

-Max.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:56 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

thank you max.... someone who speakadii english
Old 05-09-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
speakadii
I laughed.

-Max
Old 05-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I can empty a 90 rd drum on a Mak 90 in no time, I always called it slam firing. I assume you mean using the recoil and slight forward pressure on the forend, along with a stiff trigger finger to achieve a simulated full auto.

Trust me with 90 rds, after about 30 or so I can aim OK! Because it wastes at least 10 to 15 at first just getting it to go solid!
Fun as hell, and had the sherriff freaking out when he pulls up on a machine gun call.
He couldn't believe that we were doing that with a semi-auto, he insisted the gun had been tampered with, and I was afraid he was going to try and take it. He wouldn't even shoot it!! Funny ****, even back then when I first tried it, which was almost 12 years ago now!
wow i wish the cops were like that...in jersey they would have had a swat team sweep in on u...it sucks...
Old 05-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm gonna go try that out soon with my SKS!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:17 PM

gixxer1974 is a decent person

Works well with an sks, but mine has a synthetic folding stock so it is lighter than normal
Old 07-03-2007, 01:28 AM

pro-rabbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Its real easy on my AR-15 as well. Just have to have a stiff finger and lock your arms. Was pretty easy. But as stated I can not hit anything while doing, but its pretty nice to show though.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:08 AM

1BMF is a decent person

Search for "poor man's machinegun" on youtube. It's bumpfiring, but with a rubberband wrapped around the front of the trigger guard to behind the trigger. It helps reset the trigger, making it much easier to bumpfire.

Also, a vertical forward grip helps if you're shooting an AK or AR.

It helps to oil the trigger group, if your going for mag dumps. Sewing machine oil seems to work the best. Something with a low viscosity.

I had a preban Norinco AK with underfolding stock, that almost got me thrown in jail. Bumpfiring it at a public range, ATF was out there in no time looking for my "machine gun". Be careful where you do it.

It was fun to do when 1k rounds of 7.62*39 was $80. Now its almost triple that. I havent bumpfired a rifle since 2004. I bumped my friends glock 17 before, you just gotta do it right.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:11 AM

Stover954rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1BMF
Search for "poor man's machinegun" on youtube. It's bumpfiring, but with a rubberband wrapped around the front of the trigger guard to behind the trigger. It helps reset the trigger, making it much easier to bumpfire.
Indeed that is the best way.... however bump firing is pretty gay. Atleast with the rubber band set up you can aim.

and it doesn't matter what caliber you do it with. .223 is perfect though plenty of blowback for the bolt, yet low recoil for the user.

once again my disclaimer: bump firing is gay if you do it more than a handful of times lol
Old 10-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Lazarus is an unknown quantity at this point

Its possible with .223. I saw someone do it with a Mini-14.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:40 AM

bansheeman410 is an unknown quantity at this point

i can do it with my Tec-9.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:51 PM

bink98xcab is a decent person

tec-9!! i cant even get mine to fire 6 or 7 times in a row w out a jam!! what kind you got? i got an old pre-ban swiss cheese/threaded barrel
Old 11-29-2008, 09:33 PM

Tucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to beholdTucker R6! is a splendid one to behold

someone go out and try this and video it!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Voodoo Animal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bink98xcab
tec-9!! i cant even get mine to fire 6 or 7 times in a row w out a jam!! what kind you got? i got an old pre-ban swiss cheese/threaded barrel

shoot it more clean it more, I bought one and it would not fire three shots, the more i shot it the better it got, now it is not accurate at all so it will shoot but probably will not hit anything but innocent bystanders.

Quick Reply: Bump Firing...Anyone?