Xd-40

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:35 PM

mattdogzx7r is an unknown quantity at this point
Xd-40

Anyone have a Springfield xd 40 fixed up?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
Re: Xd-40

3 of my friends own springfields and im not to impressed, i'll stick with my beretta. i figured since your thread wasnt really gonna go anywhere, that i'd help you out.

-the mexican
Old 02-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

My friend uses one for a carry and he kinda likes it but isnt to impressed. The XD looks nasty but still you pay for what you get and like everything else, the more you spend the better it is. But its all preference.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:09 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mattdogzx7r
Anyone have a Springfield xd 40 fixed up?

No, But here's a look at my Tactical 45GAP XDLE. I just found our that the "LE" designation stamp on my receiver means that my gun, along with several others, were commisioned to be sold directly to various Law Enforcement organizations around the U.S.. Meaning that my gun actually was somebody's service auto. I have seen several other 45 GAPs and not one of them had the "LE" stamp on the reciever. I traded an AR15 A3 tactical carbine that I built for around $650.00 for this used pistol that I talked down to 490.00,plus another 400.00 cash. My AR was 7 years old, and my pistol was built on march of 05.... I didn't get hurt.

So far I did an action and trigger job myself, just smoothing things out ,bought a M6x tactical light/laser for it, and some Tru-Glo TFO(tritium/fiber optic hybrid) combat sights are on their way.
Next is a Barsto match grade barrel, and a Tungsten Guide rod w/ Wolf replacement spring...this should really tighten my groups up. Springfield Armory will have to take care of my trigger pull,reset/overtravel job, which will be of match grade proportions, and require shipping my gun to their custom shop and waiting.
Great gun. Point and shoot technology. Very reliable and always, always goes boom when you need it to.

enjoy the pics. Not impressed with 40's period, and that's just a personal opinion. good gun though in an XD.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stumpthumper4email.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	189873   Click image for larger version

Name:	XDPIC4E-MAIL.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	189874  
Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 AM

Mr Incognito is a decent person

Ive got an XD .45 and I love it....Dont know why everyone hates on Springfield, they make good firearms
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 AM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Out of the handguns I've fired, the xd40 has been my favorite so far. Just fits nice, and I love the round...

-Max.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:49 PM

jdridin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr Incognito
Ive got an XD .45 and I love it....Dont know why everyone hates on Springfield, they make good firearms
+1
Old 03-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Squidwheelies.com

blackness is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a tactical xd-45 that i love. it shoots straight, its reliable and it seems to fit my hand just right.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Stunter-X is an unknown quantity at this point

The older XD's had a different finish than newer ones. The older ones were more proned to rust. The new ones are fine. I'd rather have the XD than a Glock just because it has somewhat of a safety onit.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:22 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stunter-X
The older XD's had a different finish than newer ones. The older ones were more proned to rust. The new ones are fine. I'd rather have the XD than a Glock just because it has somewhat of a safety onit.

Just so everyone knows, the oldest that an XD could ever be is 6yrs. old.

This pistol was first introduced in the US in 2000, and it was importet by a company in Tennessee named HS America, and it was called the HS2000.
Springfield didn't get import rights until 01, and has been making them since.

You can find good customs @ www.canyoncreekcustoms.com. You can plan on spending over $1,000. on any custom XD. Just like the 1911's they are very pimpable.
This gun is designed for combat, safeties are practical.....not tactical.
XD's Main safety function is to keep it from going off in your pants....not only is this desirable on prom night, but obviously in a handgun too!!