Wantin a shotty

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:03 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wantin a shotty

Im wantin to get a 12 gauge soon just not sure what kind to get. Im thinkin a mossburg but not sure. I want the 18" barrell for protection at the house and want a longer barrell for some trap shooting. Any suggestions?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:29 PM

colt-c is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wantin a shotty

This is mine...It's a Mossberg 500...It's not much to do to change out the barrel to go trap shooting either and there's a lot of aftermarket stuff for them...It's a good choice and you can get a used one or something cheap, under $150 for sure...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12gasmall.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	186139  
Old 01-04-2007, 11:15 AM

nice. i was thinkin bout gettin somethin alot like that. where did u get the after market stuff for it? lookin to get the extra barrell and a foldable stock. does it come pistol grip or is that an extra?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by dizzie56
nice. i was thinkin bout gettin somethin alot like that. where did u get the after market stuff for it? lookin to get the extra barrell and a foldable stock. does it come pistol grip or is that an extra?
EVERYONE makes **** for the moss500 and the remington 1187. Google assault shotgun.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 PM

There's a bunch of places. I actually forgot where I got all of the stuff. I just search around the internet for the best prices. I bought it for $130 I think, it was just a regular 12ga. Then I put the short barrel and pistol grip on it and all. I think I got some of the stuff from tacticalshack.com but there's a ton of places.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
EVERYONE makes **** for the moss500 and the remington 1187. Google assault shotgun.
remington 1187?

Do you mean 870? I've never even heard of the 1187, lol.

EDIT: I looked it up and there is indeed an 1187, anytime I read about HD though the 870 is usually the gun of choice.

-Max.

Last edited by Pimpus Maximus; 01-04-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Walmart, get the Mossberg 500 combo that comes with 24 and 28 inch barrels, and buy an 18 and flashlight or whatever tactical gear you want elsewhere. I wouldn't even bother getting a pistol grip, but if you do, get a pistol grip pump too. I would just stick with a regular stock though, I like my throttle hand to work correctly. Keep it cheap to start off with, and just burn up a bunch of practice ammo, and get some federal low recoil 00 buckshot for home defense
Old 01-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Pimpus Maximus
remington 1187?

Do you mean 870? I've never even heard of the 1187, lol.

EDIT: I looked it up and there is indeed an 1187, anytime I read about HD though the 870 is usually the gun of choice.

-Max.
I like semi autos. **** the theory that the racking sound of a shot gun will scare an intruder away. I'd rather surprise him with the first 3 shots and not alert him that I am coming after him.
I really want a Siaga 12 gauge.

Last edited by NINER; 01-07-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

I like semi autos. **** the theory that the racking sound of a shot gun will scare an intruder away. I'd rather surprise him with the first 3 shots and not alert him that I am coming after him.
I really want a Siaga 12 gauge.
I agree the shuck-shuck theory is straight hollywood, and the saigas are dope, theres' 10 round mags out for them now:YEAH, but pumps are a simpler design and more reliable and easier to take down and clean etc. than semi auto's. I haven't heard of any semi autos failing to cycle due to target loads or low recoil loads but I wouldn't feel too great about an auto action running those as well as HV or magnum loads. A pump will eat anything though, bean bags, confetti loads, dragons breath(tracer pellet's:YEAH) low recoil or magnum or anything else you feed it. With the money you save on a mossberg you could get a shitload of different accessories, furniture and barrels. You could have a barrel specifically for shooting garbage like dragons breath, bean bags and confetti, a rifled barrel for slugs, and a variable choke barrel (or 2) for trap or hunting etc.. As a first or only shotgun a mossberg 500 is the way to go imo.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 PM

6364daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Remington Marine Magnum..................go to the site and look it up...........the entire gun is nickel plated and will never rust.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:40 AM
JD
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JD is a decent person

I got a Mossberg 500 myself about 2 weeks ago...... love the gun, I've owned the same thing before but had to sell it, and just finally got another one at a gun show....

Pistol grip pump, holds 8 rounds.... heres a pic of it and a pic of my Mossberg and Glock 40....

Alot of people say it has too much recoil cuz it being pistol grip, which I dont agree with.... I mean if your shooting bird-shot type **** out of it, it barely has a kick at all.... Now, if your shooting slugs thats another story LOL... but still not bad unless your a bitch.. plus the gun just looks gangsta with the Glock... let us know wat ya get and post up pics!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	moss.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	186545   Click image for larger version

Name:	moss2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	186546  
Old 01-08-2007, 11:36 AM

def gonna get the moss 500 wit the pistol grip, ill save up and buy the barrels and a folding stock just for ****** around and skeet/trap shooting. prolly get it next month since i just maxed out my credit card buyin a jetski
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Retired

I need to post up the link for the Siaga cut down to a 6 or 8" barrell. ****** is the size of an uzi and has a 10 round detachable magazine. I want one now.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 AM

The Saigas are nice for sure. But if your on a budget the Mossberg 500 is the way to go. I had the same concerns with the Saiga as someone else posted. I have my mossberg loaded with rubber buck shot, hollow steel buck shot, and even some bird bombs. I don't think they would cycle the Saiga. I usually see the Saigas sell for around $400 while the Mossbergs are under $150. I would still love to have a Saiga though.

Good place to check out the Saiga's. http://forum.saiga-12.com/
Old 01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by colt-c
The Saigas are nice for sure. But if your on a budget the Mossberg 500 is the way to go. I had the same concerns with the Saiga as someone else posted. I have my mossberg loaded with rubber buck shot, hollow steel buck shot, and even some bird bombs. I don't think they would cycle the Saiga. I usually see the Saigas sell for around $400 while the Mossbergs are under $150. I would still love to have a Saiga though.

Good place to check out the Saiga's. http://forum.saiga-12.com/
From what I hear the Siagas have 2 gas settings, one for light loads and one for buckshot/slugs. I also hear they need a few rounds put through them to cycle flawlessly with the lighter rounds.
I want one of these:
http://www.tromix.com/saiga.htm
Old 01-09-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by JD
Alot of people say it has too much recoil cuz it being pistol grip, which I dont agree with.... I mean if your shooting bird-shot type **** out of it, it barely has a kick at all.... Now, if your shooting slugs thats another story LOL... but still not bad unless your a bitch..
your throttle hand is garbage anyway though bitch If you have the money get as many stocks and barrels and forends as you want, but if you can only have one or just to start with, just go with a regular stock. I wouldn't want a pistol grip only... especially not if I planned to trap shoot
From what I hear the Siagas have 2 gas settings, one for light loads and one for buckshot/slugs.
I hadn't heard anything about that until now, but that's cool if they do
Old 01-12-2007, 03:19 AM
JD
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JD is a decent person

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
your throttle hand is garbage anyway though bitch If you have the money get as many stocks and barrels and forends as you want, but if you can only have one or just to start with, just go with a regular stock. I wouldn't want a pistol grip only... especially not if I planned to trap shoot
I hadn't heard anything about that until now, but that's cool if they do
hater! lol.... I dont plan on doing anything special with mine, just go out and tear some **** up every rare once in a while, but it compliments the glock oh so well...