Anyone wona do a show??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person
Anyone wona do a show??

Well, i hear all you gota do now is do them for free.......

Been hearing "A LOT" lately of a few local riders sayoing they wona do the show at what ever event is on for FREE.... to get there name out there and get all there mates along so they look like heros.

Dont make any of us look professional, let alone them.

Just my
Old 06-04-2010, 06:07 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person
Re: Anyone wona do a show??

You know what....
Call me an arsehole but if i hear of anyone doing shows for free, i will burn their bike in front of them!
Doing shows for free just ***** things up for the real show riders!

If you are good enough to ride at show, you will eventually be asked and then you will get paid!

Im sick and tired of telling people that.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

there was thread a few years ago where the riders wanted to do a show at a drag strip and not only did they do the show for free they also paid to get in the track ...lol
Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
SFDs finest!

pantsonhead is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
there was thread a few years ago where the riders wanted to do a show at a drag strip and not only did they do the show for free they also paid to get in the track ...lol
I'll do it for free!!please!!!!!and ghostie setting fire to me bike would look real cool and it doesn't matter wot bike i ride as i'm ****!!!

by the way it isnt the gig at silverstone by any chance????
Old 06-04-2010, 07:20 PM
The RISK Club

Originally Posted by old man roger
are you serious?! All i can say to that is WOW!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:21 PM
The RISK Club

Originally Posted by pantsonhead
I'll do it for free!!please!!!!!and ghostie setting fire to me bike would look real cool and it doesn't matter wot bike i ride as i'm ****!!!

by the way it isnt the gig at silverstone by any chance????
lol, ur not half as bad as you think old man
Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Yeahhhh I can do a show Lee... Free is even better! But I dont have a job, never mind, the tax payer will pay all my fuel
Old 06-07-2010, 06:25 AM

Tee-rex is a decent person

Well here is one for you couple of years ago what was the sfd did a show at brands hatch for some car club that vandal knew. we were told to expect 30,000 cheering fans, sponsorship from dunlop for stickering up our bikes, our ticket to the big time.
The reality was we were greeted with contempt and made to move about 4 times in 10 mins, 30,000 fans vandal told us to expect was more like 50, nothing from dunlop not even a worn out tyre, and the sucker punch we paid £700 public liability or they wouldn't let us ride and we got paid a massive £0..........

Last year we did the local "Charity Show" for the beck row bikers with the proceeds to the air ambulance. We got there and had to wait for vandal to go get his broom to sweep the 2 inches of **** off the car park which was a waste of time cos the surface underneath was worse, at least we didn't have to pay the insurance this time vandal told us he had seen the insurance which no company would have touched for a 20 foot square car park with absolutley no barriers at all... anyway come the end of the day some bastard stole my smelly sweaty shift jacket and then i find out that all the crap greebo bands that has been making a god awful noise all weekend got paid to be there and what was left was given to charity, we didn't get a drink any food and not even a thanks and to really take the **** the organisers have put posters up locally saying we are gonna be there again on the 20th june with our wheelie machine too........who the **** told them that................

The way i see it is for some people eddie, ludo, jon jon, its about making money for putting on entertainment. but the problem for you is there are people out there who don't care about money the only thing that is important to them is to have someone tell them how good they are and sign autographs, personally i hate all that fame and fortune **** and i think that free shows will always surround stunting.
My advice for new people wanting to do shows is hook up with some of the established people who should help you with pricing and how to go about it ect

Last edited by Tee-rex; 06-07-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:39 PM

-Ludo is a decent person

Ye, my point to all this is that we (vertical trix) put a lot of time and effourt into what we do. Are bike have the best of the best and the machines and toys we have are not cheap. We have big names backing us and for this reason we dont bother with the pub type gigs anymore (they can have them ones). But when we have shows booked and they say to us someone wants to do it for free to get there name out there and be a hero on facebook, is just wrong.

But it goes to show, even for free.... we still get the shows. You get what you pay for. And we are worth paying for. Not just 30 people on bikes. But a pro stunt team. Big backers and lots and lots of toys. Plus the wheelie machine's.

Anyway. I gota go fit my new parts
Old 06-07-2010, 03:21 PM
The RISK Club

Originally Posted by Tee-rex
Well here is one for you couple of years ago what was the sfd did a show at brands hatch for some car club that vandal knew. we were told to expect 30,000 cheering fans, sponsorship from dunlop for stickering up our bikes, our ticket to the big time.
The reality was we were greeted with contempt and made to move about 4 times in 10 mins, 30,000 fans vandal told us to expect was more like 50, nothing from dunlop not even a worn out tyre, and the sucker punch we paid £700 public liability or they wouldn't let us ride and we got paid a massive £0..........

Last year we did the local "Charity Show" for the beck row bikers with the proceeds to the air ambulance. We got there and had to wait for vandal to go get his broom to sweep the 2 inches of **** off the car park which was a waste of time cos the surface underneath was worse, at least we didn't have to pay the insurance this time vandal told us he had seen the insurance which no company would have touched for a 20 foot square car park with absolutley no barriers at all... anyway come the end of the day some bastard stole my smelly sweaty shift jacket and then i find out that all the crap greebo bands that has been making a god awful noise all weekend got paid to be there and what was left was given to charity, we didn't get a drink any food and not even a thanks and to really take the **** the organisers have put posters up locally saying we are gonna be there again on the 20th june with our wheelie machine too........who the **** told them that................

The way i see it is for some people eddie, ludo, jon jon, its about making money for putting on entertainment. but the problem for you is there are people out there who don't care about money the only thing that is important to them is to have someone tell them how good they are and sign autographs, personally i hate all that fame and fortune **** and i think that free shows will always surround stunting.
My advice for new people wanting to do shows is hook up with some of the established people who should help you with pricing and how to go about it ect
Good post! Show organisers are like sharks, if they can exploit you, they will
For me, riding at shows is an income.

Originally Posted by -Ludo
Ye, my point to all this is that we (vertical trix) put a lot of time and effourt into what we do. Are bike have the best of the best and the machines and toys we have are not cheap. We have big names backing us and for this reason we dont bother with the pub type gigs anymore (they can have them ones). But when we have shows booked and they say to us someone wants to do it for free to get there name out there and be a hero on facebook, is just wrong.

But it goes to show, even for free.... we still get the shows. You get what you pay for. And we are worth paying for. Not just 30 people on bikes. But a pro stunt team. Big backers and lots and lots of toys. Plus the wheelie machine's.

Anyway. I gota go fit my new parts
Well said Lee!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM

Nick Storm is a decent person

Can I book someone for a show? No money but it's a great crowd, they get really energetic after the burnouts especially, looking for your autograph and allthat:

It's outside the cop shop tomorrow night, no need for insurance either.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM

-Ludo is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Storm
Can I book someone for a show? No money but it's a great crowd, they get really energetic after the burnouts especially, looking for your autograph and allthat:

It's outside the cop shop tomorrow night, no need for insurance either.
Sweet, i'll be there
Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 AM

BIG MARK RUFFNECK is an unknown quantity at this point

is this post a knock at a perticular person or any one group of people or just a generalization . Just wondering cuz i have done the odd free show and ye i no i aint the best and i allso have bin lucky to have the odd good paying show . Dont normally get mixed up in stunt life drama as it aint my barra ,but just felt a need to put in my 2cents . I have been known to put in my own little money and time to help others to progress and ride. And feel sometimes people can be a little negative (BRING ON THE HATE ) lol
Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM
The RISK Club

nothing against you Mark, I don't think you could **** anyone off if you tried mate.
Every now n then we hear about people pitching for the same shows we do and they want to do it for free....
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Originally Posted by GHOSTIE
nothing against you Mark, I don't think you could **** anyone off if you tried mate.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:35 PM

-Ludo is a decent person

Originally Posted by BIG MARK RUFFNECK
is this post a knock at a perticular person or any one group of people or just a generalization . Just wondering cuz i have done the odd free show and ye i no i aint the best and i allso have bin lucky to have the odd good paying show . Dont normally get mixed up in stunt life drama as it aint my barra ,but just felt a need to put in my 2cents . I have been known to put in my own little money and time to help others to progress and ride. And feel sometimes people can be a little negative (BRING ON THE HATE ) lol
Not anyone in perticular, but the same few people are popping up a lot more.

Doing a free show is ok i guess if its a little pub gig for your local. But trying to get a big show you already know big name riders will be doing, and say your do it for free is another all together
Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 PM
The RISK Club

on another note, read the following email convos for a laugh...
I pitched for a show and got these answers...

ME
Hello,

I thought i would send you guys a quick email to offer a stunt riding display for your next show.

Please have a look on my website (www.ghostiestunts.com) for further info, pics and videos.

I believe it would be a very good addition to your event.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards

Eddie

THEY
Dear Eddie

Thanks for your note. Unfortunately, we do not have stunt shows at the Thundersprint.

Could you please let me know where you saw the Thundersprint advertised/promoted since we always like to know which elements of our marketing campaign are working?

Cheers

Frank

(bit of a **** reply so i thought i would push a little)

ME
Hi Frank,

Its unfortunate you don't have any stunt shows, 90% of bike shows these days will have a stunt display so maybe its time to organize one.

I was emailed a link to your site by a fan, he said i should get in contact.

Cheers

Eddie

THEY

Dear Eddie

Thanks for the information. We’re in the 10% of shows who are rather special because we don’t have a stunt show. We do, however, have Maypole Dancing and Morris Men both of whom are rather exciting.

Cheers

Frank

WTF!!!!
for those of you who dont know what morris men look like, here is a pic...

BAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 PM
SFDs finest!

pantsonhead is a decent person

I love Frank!!Who ever he is!!!gives me hope for when this mid life crisis of mine is over and i can take up a sport more in tune with my age!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:43 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

LOL.
I think he may of been pissed off by you saying 'maybe its time to organise one' so tried to upset you back

Well thats what im hoping, in fact praying, as if they have morris men, then WTF is the world coming to
Old 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think frank has a good sense of humor ..lol

Quick Reply: Anyone wona do a show??