importing

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM

westy23 is a decent person
importing

hi pep's if i have a mate in america that is willing to bring my cage and 12 bar over when he fly's over to see his girl in the u.k what do i have to declare and would it be cheaper than importing it thru the company cheer's for any help
Old 02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: importing

yes it would be cheaper. Your mat might not have to declare anything if it doesn't exceed the weight limit.

A cage and bar will fit into a hand luggage bag pretty easily, so as long as they dont think its a bomb or something you'll be good.

I think shipping from the US via HAI/S.I is something like $135-175 so you'd definitely save money.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

From sick its about $80... if you go HAI somehow its $175 only costs about $70 in shippin fees tho!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:57 PM

mungo is an unknown quantity at this point

you dont need to declare nothing just put it in his suit case and your good
when i came back from the states i bought a whole suit case full of crap , including knives and knuckle dusters lol and it wasnt long after the 911 stuff either
Old 02-26-2008, 02:38 PM
The Ego

Originally Posted by Sparks!
From sick its about $80... if you go HAI somehow its $175 only costs about $70 in shippin fees tho!
I've founf out why this is:

The shipping itself only costs $80, but they have taxes to pay their end, hence the extra charge. I doubt its anywhere near the extra that they charge you, but at least they're not fobbing you off $100.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

ah really? didn't know that... not as bad as it seems then I guess!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:31 PM

ALSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

yer i suffed a load of bike bits...thanks Jesse....
and a OMR sub cage in my ruck sack that went in the hold......no probs...:YEAH
Old 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

i want an OMR subcage
Old 04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i know im thread digging here but i have had a pm or two from across the pond and as long as i can ship three subcages in the same box then i would give you the same deal as some one in the states..$175 shipped each...tell your fiends and if there is enough interest send me a pm
thanks
-omr-
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM

ant... is a decent person

Noobie Allert

why they called subcages?

their is nothing sub about them, until the bike is in 12 o'clock position.

is it tool late to call it 'seat cage' or 'stunt rear pegs'
Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 AM

birdie will become famous soon enoughbirdie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ant...
Noobie Allert

why they called subcages?

their is nothing sub about them, until the bike is in 12 o'clock position.

is it tool late to call it 'seat cage' or 'stunt rear pegs'
haha dumbass

it bolts to the rear subframe hence being a sub cage
Old 04-15-2008, 10:48 AM

i knew i would end up looking a fool, but still

OMR Subcage is the next mod i want for my bike, but im not getting one till im very close to bp, or ill feel like a dick riding a stuntbike and i can't do a wheelie
Old 04-15-2008, 01:14 PM
The Ego

I'm buying an omr subcage, who else wants in?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 PM

vandal34 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i know im thread digging here but i have had a pm or two from across the pond and as long as i can ship three subcages in the same box then i would give you the same deal as some one in the states..$175 shipped each...tell your fiends and if there is enough interest send me a pm
thanks
-omr-
Ha ha ya dont hear from OMR for ages but mention a sub cage and he pops up like genie ha ha.
Only joking Roger Roger. Go buy omr sub cage johnny has one and its awsome !!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:56 PM

ALSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

I got one BUT need stickers.....
Old 04-15-2008, 05:09 PM

Ha ha ya dont hear from OMR for ages but mention a sub cage and he pops up like genie ha ha.
LMAO
Old 04-15-2008, 05:26 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

every one always want's stickers...lol
Old 04-15-2008, 05:41 PM
The Ego

Roger, do you do solid pegs at all?
Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 PM
also known as OMR

no

people make non folding peg subcages cause they're easier to make not because they're better ...

non folding peg subcages are dangerous if you flip a stoppie or if you catch a peg in the back of the leg or some thing like that and they cause more damage then good because they don't fold up in a crash and they give extra leverage so they bend the subcage and the subframe ..

i fold my pegs up when im doing stoppies so i don't get stabbed in the back if i flip and there are other tricks like clutching up from the side where having folding pegs is better then non folding ..

on a side note i do rotate the peg brackets forward on there axis so the pegs don't try to fold up during a wheelie and this also put's your foot on the grippy part of the peg

i saw darius at stunt wars and he had taken his nonfolding subcage off his bike and was riding with folding pegs and he gets all his subcages for free so that should tell you some thing , he has also mentioned on this site that he has been caught in the leg with a solid non folding peg so i suspect thats why he took it off
Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 PM
also known as OMR

check out this thread i should use this clip as a selling point..lol

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/351...-attempts.html

Quick Reply: importing