how to. thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 04:05 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person
Re: Shortening 03 636 stock pipe

grinder. you are welcome
Old 10-20-2007, 04:06 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

and a drill for the rivets
Old 10-20-2007, 04:08 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

don't cut the can just cut the mid pipe so it will still be quiet
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM

EX PHIL is an unknown quantity at this point

how do i keep it stock quiet. do i do it the same as the f4i one
Old 10-22-2007, 10:48 AM

TOBY- is an unknown quantity at this point

Drill out the rivets on the link pipe end of the can and put the cap to one side. then cut about 1 " back from the link pipe end straight through (you will cut through the cat but you dont need that piece of ****) but you do need the inside of the end cap the bit that is welded underneath the stainless cap that is attached to the link pipe.

You will now have you exhaust inners exposed measure down to give yourself a bit of room for the gasses to go through the chambers then weld the cap back on that end there will be a little bit of cat left on but is ok. then just drill and rivet the mother hubbard end back on. The key is to weld the end back on and then drill and rivet it otherwise the rivets have to hold all the weight and they wont last.

good luck
Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
don't cut the can just cut the mid pipe so it will still be quiet
Originally Posted by EX PHIL
how do i keep it stock quiet. do i do it the same as the f4i one
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

Originally Posted by TOBY-
Drill out the rivets on the link pipe end of the can and put the cap to one side. then cut about 1 " back from the link pipe end straight through (you will cut through the cat but you dont need that piece of ****) but you do need the inside of the end cap the bit that is welded underneath the stainless cap that is attached to the link pipe.

You will now have you exhaust inners exposed measure down to give yourself a bit of room for the gasses to go through the chambers then weld the cap back on that end there will be a little bit of cat left on but is ok. then just drill and rivet the mother hubbard end back on. The key is to weld the end back on and then drill and rivet it otherwise the rivets have to hold all the weight and they wont last.

good luck
yeah what he said and a grinder
Old 10-22-2007, 04:22 PM

but i wont it Short
Old 10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
also known as OMR

then it won't be quiet if you shorten the mid pipe it will be quiet and your pipe won't hit the ground
Old 10-22-2007, 04:29 PM

how much do u cut of the mid pipe
Old 10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
also known as OMR

i didn't measure it, i just cut it then figured where i wanted the can to sit and made the second cut ,then welded it back together...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:52 AM

i didn't measure it, i just cut it then figured where i wanted the can to sit and made the second cut ,then welded it back together...
ok
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 PM

HiSide is a decent person

I was planning to drill out the rivets on the cap, use a diamond blade and take off about 1/3. Re-rivit and done. Then I would have a shorter pipe, but I also don't mind the extra dB's either. Is this the wrong way?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by HiSide
I was planning to drill out the rivets on the cap, use a diamond blade and take off about 1/3. Re-rivit and done. Then I would have a shorter pipe, but I also don't mind the extra dB's either. Is this the wrong way?
no it is not the wrong way just loud
Old 10-23-2007, 01:19 PM

HiSide is a decent person

Originally Posted by EX PHIL
no it is not the wrong way just loud
How loud? Aftermarket can loud?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by HiSide
How loud? Aftermarket can loud?
yes may b
Old 10-23-2007, 04:14 PM
also known as OMR

if you cut the end off and shorten it that way then they are loud as hell allen [apfire] was just over here riding with us and he did his that way and it is super loud..
Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM

TOBY- is an unknown quantity at this point

take my word for it if you wanna cut the can down do it the way i described above. I have one done the other way and it was super loud man. Had to stuff some baffling in there to quiet it down. Plus its drops the back pressure a bit and wont be as torqueeeeeee down low. If you wanna do all round riding do it as above if you wanna show pipe and to gas the bike alot then just cut it down after the braket and rivet the cap back. Oh and when you put the bracket back on make sure you either get it welded back on to the can or pack it out with a vulcanised rubber gasket thing e bob. peace out.

Oh and if you want someone to do this can mod for ya and you wanna trip pm and i will do it for ya.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by TOBY-
take my word for it if you wanna cut the can down do it the way i described above. I have one done the other way and it was super loud man. Had to stuff some baffling in there to quiet it down. Plus its drops the back pressure a bit and wont be as torqueeeeeee down low. If you wanna do all round riding do it as above if you wanna show pipe and to gas the bike alot then just cut it down after the braket and rivet the cap back. Oh and when you put the bracket back on make sure you either get it welded back on to the can or pack it out with a vulcanised rubber gasket thing e bob. peace out.

Oh and if you want someone to do this can mod for ya and you wanna trip pm and i will do it for ya.
bud

Quick Reply: Shortening 03 636 stock pipe