Quad question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 11:45 PM

PhiSig1071 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quad question.

I'm going to visit my Uncle and he's got a Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4, I was wondering if anybody has even stunted one and what do you think of them? It's kinda heavy, especially with the 4x4, it's an automatic, but it's got a shitload of power. How tough do you think it would be to stunt that? I usually ride a built and bored blaster and I can do some stuff with that, how tough is the transition going to be to the beast?
Old 01-27-2003, 11:59 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup, they're big and heavy and with the auto clutch that's not a great combo for stunting. Whatever you do is going to have to start from a standard wheelie...for instance I don't think that you'll be able to do a legs over wheelie from a standing start...you're gonna have to start with a wheelie and then put your legs over.

As for stopies and things like that....they have a 4 wheel brake system so when you squeeze the lever the back and front breaks lock up....I think it's going to be tough to do any sort of stoppie on one.

They are good quads for what they are made for, but not for stuntin.

BUT...so what...you're gonna have fun trying. Even if you can only pull of a few tricks it's gonna feel good whenever you get something new on it. Be sure to take some pics and post 'em up.

-Josh
Old 01-28-2003, 12:03 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
They have a good amount of power, but they're definetley way too heavy. I've got the front wheel up on one, but never really stunted one anymore that that... It was a brand new one I was selling to a customer, so I didnt wanna **** it up too bad

Oh.. and btw.. Polaris sucks. My dealership stopped carrying them cuz of all the problems they have
Old 01-28-2003, 07:52 AM

PhiSig1071 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey thanks guys, you're right, it'll be a blast trying. Nags what kind of problems were you guys having with the Polaris quads? This one is my uncles third (older 350, Sportsman 500, and Scrambler 500, he still has both the Scrambler and the Sportsman) and he swears by them. Of course he dosen't ride all that often and when he does it's pretty sedate trail stuff.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:01 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by nags

Oh.. and btw.. Polaris sucks. My dealership stopped carrying them cuz of all the problems they have
a few dealers around here won't even trade a polaris - my boy had a sportsman 500 4x4 that the Yami dealer woudln't even concider trading for anything! and it was like new. He had mad problems with it.

On to the Scrambler, my buddy had one. To get it up it took a bounce & standing on the rear bar & it would come up - the auto clutch sucks cause it gains some speed before it will come up high enough. Props if you can tear one up! & if you can wheelie that beast of a sportsman 500 - hats off to ya!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:18 AM

vtwoodrider is an unknown quantity at this point
yup they suck

i had a sportsman 500 and it was a real piece of ****. at 800 miles every thing you could think of had broken. but it would wheelie for ever just not slow wheelies. just put it in low range and lean back and pull hard and it will pick it up no problem