i gots a few of me

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 11:08 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
We had 5 on a 400ex no problem...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quad1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1901  
Old 10-10-2002, 11:09 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
ooops
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quad.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1903  
Old 10-11-2002, 12:02 AM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
nags-
holy **** bro! Thats sick..whats that first gear all clutch? my banshee is pullin up three reeeaaal slow...but im hopin with some new pipes ill get just enough torque not to have trouble...is that bike all stock?

nice pics!

-Jim
Old 10-11-2002, 12:47 AM

Originally posted by Merk350
nags-
holy **** bro! Thats sick..whats that first gear all clutch? my banshee is pullin up three reeeaaal slow...but im hopin with some new pipes ill get just enough torque not to have trouble...is that bike all stock?

nice pics!

-Jim
Yea, completley stock. Thats not me driving it, but it did come up very easily. Thats me on the front.
Old 10-11-2002, 05:46 AM

TricknR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want that low end on a Banshee find a 2 into 1 pipe and for even more low end find a 2 into 1 intake. Usually a 35mm carb goes on it for mad low end. I like the Toomeys and v-force but I like the fast ****.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:02 AM
**** BULLSHITTERS

TricknR1

Thanks for the info...I just bought FMF pipes and silencers off ebay, i wish i would have joined this message board earlier,but oh well...when i put my pipes on do i have to jet my carb, or could i just get a 35mm carb and leave it? Thanks

Jim
Old 10-11-2002, 11:08 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Merk,

I put FMF's on my Banshee...deffinatly feels different. The powerband feels almost the same (hits harder), but it basically just slides it up on the RPM's. I can't say that it has less low end really though.

As for the jetting, yes, you'll have to make some sort of an adjustment. FMF recommends running the pipes with no lid on your airbox and if you don't ride trails you'd be all set. If you do take your lid off you will be running really lean and you'll have to rejet. If you don't take your lid off you will probably be okay just adjusting your Needle jet.

When it comes to jetting it is best to have somebody experienced do it. Take it to a buddy or something after you get the pipes on.

-Josh
Old 10-11-2002, 11:14 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Bravo - 5 people? that is excellent!

Time to do 6 I guess.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by Merk350
TricknR1

Thanks for the info...I just bought FMF pipes and silencers off ebay, i wish i would have joined this message board earlier,but oh well...when i put my pipes on do i have to jet my carb, or could i just get a 35mm carb and leave it? Thanks

Jim
If you don't give that puppy more gas/oil mix you gonna burn the top of the piston. My suggestion would be jet it with a 280 jet and move the slide needle down 1 ring in both carbs. That should put you where you need to be. I would also put a k&n air filter with a turn and a half out on the air mix screw. My **** screams with that set up until I added v-force and cool head and even throw in a port job then that bitch needs wings cause you gonna fly bro. Laterz
Old 10-11-2002, 11:20 AM

Teamsquiddly is an unknown quantity at this point
1000cee cee do we even know 3 other people to try 5????
Old 10-11-2002, 01:43 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Josh, TricknR1

I really appreciate you guys tellin me this stuff, cause i just woulda put my pipes on burnt my pistons, so im assuming that jetting should be done roughly the same time as the pipes are put on with little or no ridding between, with that being said then these pipes wont be going on until i get some money, oh wait Santa's comming, yes! Thanks for the info guys, i love this message board

Jim
Old 10-11-2002, 01:55 PM

No problem man anytime. If ya got other questions about a banshee let me know atv_crazy88@yahoo.com I will be glad to help out. Laterz
Old 10-12-2002, 02:44 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
I burned the valves out of my old raptor by jetting it to lean, didn't bump the pilot jets up & my main jets were to small. Doh! $2,000 later I had a big bore raptor w/ a giant cam, ported & polished head, 12:1 piston, new valves.

Wow was that fast.
next project is going to be a trinity racing banshee kit - 525 cc and 100 hp. thats what im sayin.