Proper circles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:08 PM

corvette is a decent person
Re: Proper circles?

You can take a 4 wheel drive 4 wheeler, like a rancher put it in reverse get on the front pop it up then you can drive it in a circle. I saw it at stunt wars.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:06 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

we piddled around a little last weekend with this idea
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0368.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	190715   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0372.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	190716  
Old 03-16-2007, 11:11 AM
soon to be retired

And No ...it's not a circle wheelie...we just wanted to see where the quad balances (it hung at this stalled BP for 2 seconds or so)(and we caught it everytime).... but like has been mentioned a couple times before .... I think a straight ...balanced ....one wheel wheelie will have to be dialed in first.... You guys can try and learn it in any order you want....but I just think that baby steps will yield results with the least amount of mishaps....

maybe that's why 2 of the best quad stunters around think it cant be done... maybe it's cause they jumped right in and tried the actual trick right off the bat ...when actually 1 or 2 other skills need to be learned and honed in first.... Just my hypothesis....not bashing anyone....I'm a self admitted squid who just stunts for fun.

keep up the good work...and keep the updates comin' !

ALSO....I think that Motorhead might be onto something with that wide rear bar.(it's mounted in those 2 pics)... definately seemed like it might put you in a more balanced friendly position while trying this ****.....Hell Mike (who actually rode it around standing out there....trying to pop one wheel wheelies...unsuccessfully though) said that he thought the bar needed to wrap around the fender fwd...and extend another 14 inches or something like that !!!...said that's where he wanted to put his other foot )
Oh well ...we're all welders and fabricators....and I think we'll figure out what needs to be done , if we keep working on it and brainstorming ........... and practicing , of course ..
Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

seeing these pics just makes me realize how cool that trick will look when some one gets it and i see what your saying about having a custom bar ..

i think i would want my foot just about where your bar ends on the left side
Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 AM

Undead stunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
like the stang in the backround
Old 03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
soon to be retired

Originally Posted by Undead stunts
like the stang in the backround
it's my buddies stang...he built it all himself motor, tranny , everything 11.02 on spray 12.09 on motor....pretty impressive :YEAH

Yes Roger ....TNDRagon said the same thing when he saw the pics on quadstuntz....

You gonna be at King of the SOuth in Knoxville the first week of May ??? I'll be there for Fun (watchin and ****) but I'll Probably bring my quad and let any accomplished riders try this ....I might have that training wheel set up by then too ....it could be a cool little "sideshow" in itself ... hehe
Old 03-16-2007, 11:57 AM
soon to be retired

a couple more angles..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0370.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	190718   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0371.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	190719  
Old 03-16-2007, 12:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think king of the south should be held in south florida hahaha then i would go ...lol
Old 03-16-2007, 06:19 PM

NastySVC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think king of the south should be held in south florida hahaha then i would go ...lol

thats the angle i been trying to take that shyt at it isnt easy at all but well worth the time put in if i can pull that hsyt off....wont it look sick though i think it owuld look way more pimp than a bike doing it i think that may be the only trick that looks better on a quad....i havent tried it a ton but i have in the little time i do get to ride it isnt easy at all to even get it to that point while you are on it it takes alot of strong arming
Old 03-16-2007, 06:20 PM

NastySVC is an unknown quantity at this point

a couple more angles..

WTF you got a shower curtain rod for a bar or what..hahahaha...wow that thing is huge bet it works though...cool idea
Old 03-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DR.D
are you on crack
Old 03-17-2007, 10:00 AM

-Eirik- is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats the way i imagined it, niiiiiiice!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by z400doawheelie
Yeah that was the first reply in this thread, i was like damn im gonna get flamed. Now look where ist gotten, people are trying it out and gettin closer.

Dont give up on this one people!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:04 AM
cops lie

austinz400 is an unknown quantity at this point

now have someone hold it at that bp and someone get on and stay there to see how long you can keep it. then you just have to give it some gas and hold it thats going to be the impossible part.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

z400doawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eikrog
Yeah that was the first reply in this thread, i was like damn im gonna get flamed. Now look where ist gotten, people are trying it out and gettin closer.

Dont give up on this one people!
the hard part to this one will be getting the quad to stay on 1 wheel. when you go to rotate, it is pretty much impossible to keep it up, let alone on one wheel. it will be a SICK trick when its pulled off.:YEAH

Old 03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
also known as OMR

key words"when it's pulled off"
Old 03-17-2007, 02:53 PM

TNDragonrnr is an unknown quantity at this point

If it goes back to two wheels you are giving too much gas - If you can't circle a bike you wont circle a quad and it will happen sooner or later -
Old 03-19-2007, 03:13 PM

zachsb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a blaster ima try that tomrow after school, ill post vids if it works out
Old 03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TNDragonrnr
If it goes back to two wheels you are giving too much gas - If you can't circle a bike you wont circle a quad and it will happen sooner or later -

yep...takes poeple months, and sometimes even years to get consistent full turn circles on big bikes, the learning curve on a qaud is much steeper for circles IMHO.

someone who accuatly knows how to circle wheelie would prolly feel right at home once they got it spinning
Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
yep...takes poeple months, and sometimes even years to get consistent full turn circles on big bikes, the learning curve on a qaud is much steeper for circles IMHO.

someone who accuatly knows how to circle wheelie would prolly feel right at home once they got it spinning
1+

Make someone who got bike circles on lock prove the concept on something like this bad boy: http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...7/Default.aspx

I remember my neighbour had one of those back when we vere like 10, small, light, and maybe most important: round tires!
if only he still had it, I would have given it a shot...

Quick Reply: Proper circles?