My first exhibition....help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:04 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation My first exhibition....help Please

Hi guys.... I need a little help from the veterans here....the seasoned stunters who have done shows or Competed in Comps......
first off.....Please let it be known that I ****, and I know I ****.....with that being said.....That doesnt matter, cause most of the people around here (I live deep in the boonies) havent ever seen stunting of any kind ...at least not in person.

Well, I got offerred my first exhibition in 2 weeks at a smalltime dirt circle track. I'm gonna get to put on a show between practice and the heat races....and then between the heats and the features.(if it goes good ....I'll get to do it everyweek)
Im gonna use my Quad , cause i'm better on that so far than my xr's or crf (BP and RB are way better on the quad) So I need some Ideas....what to practice for the next 2 weeks.... I also need to learn more tricks...but dont know which ones to try and learn fast . I dont want to try and pick up any hard stuff right now...cause of the time constraints , Plus the fact that I have to still Hone in the tricks i can do and get better at them. No handed wheelies, and stuff like going from a rear barstander wheelie to a sitting wheelie.... I've just started to try stuff too without covering my rear brake, can cans... I can do them but only for a few seconds....I need to lengthen the time i can hold these tricks.
What Should i practice ? Other stuff too ...like looking at the crowd....waving to the crowd.... roosting the crowd LOL Please keep in mind ...this place is small... the crowd will be small.... tonight there was about a total of 70 people at the whole facility...including racers and workers and spectators....I figure out of that ....only about half of them will actually watch the exhib..... but i still wanna do good and impress...
What are your opinions ? any easy tricks that look impressive.... I can do a nervous looking crouched seatstander....LOL... I'll work on that some to stand straight and tall and try and look relaxed..hehe
but really i need ideas , and advice .... Thanks for all your help
Oh yea....Im also ok at Bicycling the Quad....what are some variations besides one handed, or standing ....side saddle maybe ? Thanks Again
Old 08-19-2006, 06:41 AM

SVDragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My first exhibition....help Please

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
Hi guys.... I need a little help from the veterans here....the seasoned stunters who have done shows or Competed in Comps......
first off.....Please let it be known that I ****, and I know I ****.....with that being said.....That doesnt matter, cause most of the people around here (I live deep in the boonies) havent ever seen stunting of any kind ...at least not in person.

but really i need ideas , and advice .... Thanks for all your help
Oh yea....Im also ok at Bicycling the Quad....what are some variations besides one handed, or standing ....side saddle maybe ? Thanks Again
WOW, that was alot of writing. I never read that much on the same topic..... come up to baltimore next weekend and see a real street show.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:25 AM
soon to be retired

yea...I wrote alot just cause I was pumped....my mind is racing about this thing.....
You're right ....I need to go to a real show and study...but I cant get away...way too many projects going on.... I will be studying all the stunting Vids I have . and trying to practice everyday.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:33 PM

Speedy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

practice until stunting is natural and you don't have to think twice about w/e trick you are doing...

thinknig will get you in trouble and cause you to wreck

also.. 1k posts
Old 08-19-2006, 12:47 PM
soon to be retired

Originally Posted by Speedy2
practice until stunting is natural and you don't have to think twice about w/e trick you are doing...

thinknig will get you in trouble and cause you to wreck

also.. 1k posts
Congrats Speedy

And I dont have enough time ....for it to feel natural ....LOL

I'm a newb at Stunting but i have Gobs of MC experience...So I'm on a steep learning curve....I can pick up about 1 new thing (easy stuff) every 2 days or so...but I wont have too much "on lock" in 2 weeks....

It'll probably end up being some whack exhib. of choppin throttle, stabbin brakes, stalls,alot of saves... along with... almost thrown over the bars body english.. flailing arms...a flailing leg here and there...and all topped off with a riding style resembling ....fear, nervousness, lack of balance, and rigidity . Dang....I hope not........
having a solid run and ending up like this would be better...LOL ROFL

Last edited by ExtremeAcres; 08-19-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:03 PM

Speedy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

on that note...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/946242512...ed/*speedy2222
Old 08-19-2006, 02:54 PM
cops lie

austinz400 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you havent watched them yet there are so old vids on www.juveniletendencies.com if the site is still up.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:05 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by austinz400
if you havent watched them yet there are so old vids on www.juveniletendencies.com if the site is still up.

that was going to be my sugggestion !!!
watch as many vids on thier site and on here and see what looks impressive to you and copy it !!
I had the luck of doing the exact same thing here at southern ohio speedway and local drag strips. If you don't involve the croud they will tire of it quickly.
Good luck and when is it maybee i'll drive down and ride wit ya !!!
Old 08-19-2006, 05:10 PM

Ow yea practice this fer 2 weeks and you'll get better right away.
DO NOT use the gas to keep the wheelie up, but instead bring it up to balance point and no more input on the gas just balance it and leave the gas alone. then you will combo all day long and look in much more controll :YEAH
also highchairs and flamingo's are my fav's.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:14 PM
rUu

rUu is a glorious beacon of lightrUu is a glorious beacon of lightrUu is a glorious beacon of lightrUu is a glorious beacon of lightrUu is a glorious beacon of light

you should get one of your friends, and do some 2-up ****. :YEAH

crowds would prolly eat that stuff up.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Special K's that are tall look cool as hell, by far the sickest looking quad stunt I think
Old 08-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Oh and if you live in the bonnies like you say there are probably alot of rednecks and they love burnouts
Old 08-19-2006, 09:14 PM

RunUdown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KUTZ
Oh and if you live in the bonnies like you say there are probably alot of rednecks and they love burnouts
ha you added my on myspace!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:24 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

first off does your quad have a bar?? if so.. get to the bar... cliff hangers.. ape hangers scrapes.. thats 3 that takes no skill on a quad... donuts.. figure 8's also no skill um... high chairs and 50/50's on a quad and bad.. and do your normal tricks.. if you got extra tires or can get some junk.. park it against the wall and blow'm more smoke the better.. just go out and have fun.. fu'ck'm if there not impressed.. tell them ****'s to get out there and try it..
Old 08-20-2006, 10:57 AM
soon to be retired

You guys are awesome....my brain is whirring..... ok
I have a 12 bar...BUT......My quad pees gas at 12 and floods.... so I cant stay on the bar .Any advice ? (plus this is a dirt track....clay actually....I dont even know which tires will work best yet...I'll have my stock knobbies and I have a set of asphalts and wheels comin....So I'll be able to run whichever works best...and actually each might work best for different tricks ....I have to test that still).. I did think about trying some skitching OR dragging myself from the rear bar (but the quad would have to be on all 4's ....
Cool vid Speedy....i'm not as good as you , But I'd say that Im getting close to the same skill levels in that vid (I dont have as many combos yet )
I have dial up....So I might not get to see alot of the vids (but i'll try some)
Catman... I've seen pics of you in highchair i think... very cool , i havent done that yet... what is a flamingo ? (I heard of it, but dont know what it is) Also... You are about 5 or 6 hours away I think..... The first show is on Sept 1.... then another 2 weeks later.... Then every Fri night hopefully... Dude If you are serious about comin down.... we should shoot for middle to end of september..PM me ..and I'll try to put together a double wammy... One show at this rinky dink track on Fri Night AND maybe a Show on Sat Night at a Bigger track around here 1000+ fans ! And I'll try to get one or 2 other Serious stunters from around here too (bike riders , very good skills) Just let me know ... that would be cool

I will practice my idle wheelies alot also ... Thanks for all the advice
Oh yea... I have an ex GF who is willing to climb monkey for me ....we've practiced a little and I can ride BP easily with her on it.... But I really need another monkey friend who is willing to practice for real... I wont be seeing her much anymore, but she said she would be in a show for me... but I'd rather find a new monkey....hehe

Catman...1 more Q... how do I involve the Crowd ??? So I can practice.... I live on a 60 acre farm....and have a dirt oval the same size as the track I'll be riding at.... SO I can practice everything very similiar to what it will be like.... I planned on Looking at them alot, Waving some .... Thumb up here and there....pointing at anyone I know and recognize.... blowing kisses to any hotties (lol j/k ) but what else ?
Hollaring anything ? shouting anything ? asking anything ?

Thanks Again guys.... sorry this got so long...can you tell Im psyched?

Last edited by ExtremeAcres; 08-20-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:28 PM

You should be stoked buddy it's fun as hell

there are alot of folks on this site esp. the juvenile guys that have alot of experience with putting on shows with the quads.

We had a great announcer that realy pumped the croud up. Telling them the more noise they made the crazier we would get, and we did !!

You got the idia though
It was about the same venue as what your doing too.
My friends and i got literaly mobbed by the kids and parents at the concession stand wich we rode our quads right up to LOL, who were so impressed with the comrodery and the way we carried ourselves compared to the stock car drivers ( parents appreciate good sportsmanship !! ) , but that realy made me feel good.
We also did a mud drag, timed barrel race and tug of war.

Remember that track will most probably have pretty steep banking (what track ? I'm a flat tracker from way back) and you will have to adjust your tires and leeeeeeeeeeean to the right

I'll pm ya and yea i could most probably drive down middle of sep.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Flammamaingo :YEAH
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	flamingo.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	178305  
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2006, 12:03 AM
soon to be retired

Cool !! I can do a Flamingo....and today I did a few transitions that I'd never done before !! Went from Sit down wheelie to Stand up foot in rear bar....and back to sit down...and Kept BP the whole time...before today,any time I've ever tried to Sit down from FIB. I would set it down....the same would happen when I tried standing up from a sitting wheelie.....Today it was different.... I had a solid 2 hour practice... And those transitions came together....and I could tell that I'll have em honed in in just a few more practices :YEAH Feels so good when something new comes together.
I tried some highchair attempts.....Not for me...not yet...LOL too skeery
The Track is flat .(macon county speedway)..and could be the smallest track in TN.( or the east coast possibly ROFL).....hehe These are pics of an average friday eve.
Thanks for all the advice....im gonna study the Juvy tendoncies stuff and any vids I can find here. Thanks again... I'll KYP
Attached Images     
Old 08-21-2006, 12:52 AM

dragit is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like it willl be fun man. Good luck. I wish I could do what you can do right now. I just started riding aa quad when i bought mine a few weeks ago so i guess progress will be slow.

Something that may be good is scraping combos. Only problem is they are not going to be all that great to try in the dirt! lol.

Good luck!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:48 AM

Dude let me know if you want me to come down mid.to end of september ??

I'll rock that place like a fooo :YEAH