Rules for Competitions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:40 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Rules for Competitions

Well this is kind of a spinoff of a couple other threads about recent comps, and the fairness, and whatever else.

I'm curious to know what everybody else is thinking would be the "ideal" comp.

What should the format be? Should all of the riders be out there all at once, or should it be one at a time? If so, how long do they go out there for? Do they only get 1 run? How long for practice?

Who should the judges be? Should they be fellow riders? Should they be neutral individuals that are into quad stunting (not on a team)? Should they be guys that are into the streetbike scene and know nothing about quads? Should they be the fans?

What should they judge you on? Should it just be on overall performance, or should you have to comply to certain things such as Wheelies, Stoppies, Burnouts, etc...?

Those are just some of the questions that come to mind when seeing posts about this....What do you guys think, and what other questions do you have that you'd like others to give their opinions on?

Also, please state your thoughts as opinions rather than facts...that way nobody should get upset over anything said.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:23 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough
Re: Rules for Competitions

Good thread !!

I think deff. one at a time ride. A time limit of 3-4 min. I also think points should be taken away for wrecking or stalling the bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as much practice as possible ! like all day the day before and shiiit.
I think the judges should be pro stunna's or fellow quad stunna's.
maybee

smoothness of run and diffeculty
croud responce
sickest tricks
showmanship/creativity

I don't think you should be locked into doing ANY certian trick if you don't want to or like to do it.(example) I think burnouts are stupid and pointless.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

One rider at a time for a maximum time but not a min. In whatever order your lined up as many times as you would like to go out or as many as you can in the time of the show. Kind of a no pressure show with time to talk to all the other riders. Best riders will still be out riding last almost always! because they have the biggest list of tricks. Judged only on crowed response,which would be caused by timing best trick fame what have you.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:13 PM

Speedy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Catman
Good thread !!

I think deff. one at a time ride. A time limit of 3-4 min. I also think points should be taken away for wrecking or stalling the bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as much practice as possible ! like all day the day before and shiiit.
I think the judges should be pro stunna's or fellow quad stunna's.
maybee

smoothness of run and diffeculty
croud responce
sickest tricks
showmanship/creativity

I don't think you should be locked into doing ANY certian trick if you don't want to or like to do it.(example) I think burnouts are stupid and pointless.

i think 5 min time limit with an hour practice prior to the event.

as far as juding goes i think it should i be judged on creativity, use of time, croud response, and there should be a seperate event for sickest trick. and maybe even a team category?

judges should be fellow riders that aren't biased but people maybe like me and catman.. that are big into the game but don't ride with anyone else.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Vote 4 Pedro, Pedro saves
Old 09-29-2005, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Catman
Good thread !!

I also think points should be taken away for wrecking or stalling the bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what if they are dumping it as their craziest trick? like they roll it and wind up on their feet and the quad next to them
Old 09-29-2005, 06:19 PM

fastkawasaki454 is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the idea about havin a "sickest trick" competition and some team stuff so you could do 2 up stunts and stuff like that.

and i think judges should be someone who knows alot about the stunt scene and someone who stunts quads, so they will know how difficult some tricks are.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 PM

fastkawasaki454 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh, and i also think there should be shows held in Alabama..
Old 09-29-2005, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by fastkawasaki454
oh, and i also think there should be shows held in Alabama..
and indiana
Old 09-29-2005, 07:41 PM

gusgreenwall is an unknown quantity at this point

Now keep in mind I've been in 2 comps and didn't do to well in either one but here is how I think it should go....

1/2 day practice maybe a few runs just b/4 it starts. The rider should have a set he would need to follow. Give the judge's a list of what tricks he going to do.

The rider has his own time frame for his run, not to go over a set time limit, maybe 3 to 5 mins. Lets face it some rides and a whole bunch of tricks and combos.

While others don't.

The rider at that point is not expected to try and pull some crazy **** off that he can't do or better yet isn't very good at. He's working his magic and doing the best tricks he knows.

The judges having a list of the tricks/combos you are going to do. This will give them a better idea of what they are looking for and a rough idea of how hard your run really is. If you miss a trick then the judge will say, "ok well Carl tried to do a stoppie there and really fu(ked that up! " Not, "what the hell was that? That didn't look hard at all...."

Do ya guy's feel me?

As for who will judge the contest???? How the hell do I know.......

Good post....
Old 09-29-2005, 08:45 PM
cops lie

austinz400 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just would like it to be a all day thing the riders would judge each other. i know when someone is better than me at some stunts. i need more than 5 min to show off some things.50ft wheele could take me almost 5 min
Old 09-29-2005, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by austinz400
i just would like it to be a all day thing the riders would judge each other. i know when someone is better than me at some stunts. i need more than 5 min to show off some things.50ft wheele could take me almost 5 min
lol 50 ft wheelies take you 5 mins? 2 mile wheelies take me 5 mins...
Old 09-30-2005, 09:25 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

how about a HORSE type of competition

I pull my best trick and the u follow ..

like the basketball game..

no judges needed
Old 09-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Regular StuntLifer

seth is an unknown quantity at this point

I like tiller's idea. But if you did have a comp, 1 hours practice prior to, set time limit, and you should provide the judges with a list of your tricks. crashing or stalling are deductions. judges should be picked by there none affiliation with stunt groups, but expertise with quad stunting.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Leave your practicing at home, do you take an hour of practice before shows too?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:50 AM

stuntf@n is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering what are the rules, so I can compare the difference to your answers and the rules now. Where are the competitions at? I never heard of four wheeler stunting, until I found this site. It looks awesome.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Regular StuntLifer

seth is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never ridden in a show.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:15 AM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crtcrdnls
I was wondering what are the rules, so I can compare the difference to your answers and the rules now. Where are the competitions at? I never heard of four wheeler stunting, until I found this site. It looks awesome.
Welcome .. as for the comps.. there few and far between ..

Physcofest had 1 this year
Stuntrageous had 2 last year
Long Island had a couple
As did Englishtown
Old 09-30-2005, 11:21 AM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KUTZR
Leave your practicing at home, do you take an hour of practice before shows too?
I just like riding with everyone for the day and goofin off. So for me it wasn't even about the practice,but time to socialize and pick up some new shizit and kick it with the small handfull of us that love this stuff
Old 09-30-2005, 11:23 AM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crtcrdnls
There is no standard set of rules as far as I know. It usually varies from comp to comp. The one I have seen allowed you out for approx 3 minutes...you could do whatever you wanted, but you were judged in a few categories such as wheelies, stoppies, and burnouts. Can't remember exactly.

Competitions are normally held in conjunction with a streetbike related event. Seems that most quad events are held in the Northeast US. Upstate NY, Long Island, NJ, and PA come to mind.

The best part of the competitions is getting to meet and ride with other stunters, but competing is nice too, makes the sport seem like more than just a hobby.

KUTZ, regarding practice. I guess I like the term "warm up" better. It lets you get out there and get your quad setup, and get loosened up. The main thing for me is getting my tire pressure straightened out because it always seems like I have one that leaks no matter what I do. I don't think an all day practice/warm-up is needed....but 30 minutes would be pretty good. Also lets you scope out the competition a bit...hehe. But again the best part about practice is it's basically a free ride with all of your buddies. My favorite part of the stuntrageous event I went to was practice. Getting to just kick it will Tiller, Carl, Ray Ray, and everybody else was great. Chad was there but only rode for a second on Tiller or Carls quad....I wish I could have went to the 2nd one so I could have rode with him too.

But anyway....I think everybody has a lot of good points with the comps.

I think instead of just a one-event thing it should be a variety. I like Catman's idea about a Sickest-trick comp, I like a standard comp, maybe a team comp, and the HORSE idea. And then some others if they are thought up. Maybe even and Endo comp if there was enough interest.

I think judging should be done by people interested in QUAD stunting....just cause you like bike stunting and know the tricks well, doesn't mean you have a clue about quads. I think people like Catman and TimKFX400 would be ideal judges....speedy also. People friends with everybody, no affiliations. Gonna be hard to find people with no affiliations, but a lot of us stunters are honest folks. I also like the idea of having riders judge riders. I think that would work out really good for a sickest trick event.

As far as categories to judge in....Not exactly sure but I don't think you should be forced to do burnouts or stoppies, or even wheelies. A winning run is a winning run whether you use those or not. Obviously somebody who adds flare by setting a sick wheelie down into a stoppie, and then smoking the tires to turn the quad back around will get more points then the dude who comes to a complete stop and uses reverse to change directions...haha. On the other hand, the person who does 10 insane wheelie variations should get more points then the person doing 3 busted tricks, but through in a lousy stoppie and burnout. I think something like Difficulty, Crowd Reaction, Style, and Variation should come in to play. Also a points deduction should be made for blown tricks or crashes...but on the same note, crashes could give you points in the crowd reaction and style categories.

The idea about a planned run given to the judges is cool too. I think if this is done then the rider should have like an additional 1 or 2 minutes to just go crazy at the end also. What do you think?

Quick Reply: Rules for Competitions