Ever get tired of being one of the guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 06:25 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve
Re: Ever get tired of being one of the guys?

im sure
Old 09-08-2004, 06:35 PM

have a good one.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:51 PM
CAT

CAT is an unknown quantity at this point

You're not alone!

Being "one of the guys" is great. And I think the reason those other girlfriends get so jealous is because their boyfriends respect you and show it. Girls can be way too cattie when it comes to relationships......they get jealous quick and smothering even quicker. That's why they come and go so fast. When you hang out as one of the guys you run the risk of blending in sometimes. And I think that every female (some more than most) need that confirmation that they're wanted/needed/attractive every so often......and I think that when you say you begin to feel that twinge.....that's what you're seeing the boyfriends offering to those girls.....that's all.

But I agree with Roxy on this one......friends is where it's at. I started to go down the path of trying to step out from being "one of the guys" and found that the attention I got.....wasn't worth what I lost in respect. Now I'm starting to build that "one of the guys" image again....and I've found that the twinge still happens.....but like you said....lowering your standards isn't worth it in the end.

~CAT
Old 09-08-2004, 06:53 PM
CAT

RoxyGirl......if you go to LSBB this year......I'll be there with Steve.....come say hello!

~CAT
Old 09-08-2004, 08:20 PM

VMCgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAT
You're not alone!

Being "one of the guys" is great. And I think the reason those other girlfriends get so jealous is because their boyfriends respect you and show it. Girls can be way too cattie when it comes to relationships......they get jealous quick and smothering even quicker. That's why they come and go so fast. When you hang out as one of the guys you run the risk of blending in sometimes. And I think that every female (some more than most) need that confirmation that they're wanted/needed/attractive every so often......and I think that when you say you begin to feel that twinge.....that's what you're seeing the boyfriends offering to those girls.....that's all. ~CAT
Well put. Thanks CAT!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:20 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

Originally Posted by kingtuts
have a good one.
whoa.. did I offend you or something? i didn't mean too.. I was just making jokes.. sorry man.

and referring back to Cat's statement, well i've never really been on the biker's gf side riding bitch.. i got my bike and then got into the whole bike world with a few guy friends after highschool.. but I noticed the guys respect me (to my knowledge) way over the chics that ride bitch. and i would MUCH rather them have respect for me.. than to treat me like a piece of meat.. as they the "biker hoes" so to speak..
my goal is to find someone that rides better than me.. and isn't a big-headed *******.. and it doesn't hurt if he's hot as well of course

WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:44 PM
CAT

I live in CA....but I'm flying in to do that comp/show at LSBB. So I'll be in Dallas/Ft. Worth area from 9/16/04 til 9/20/04......I just thought that if you were going to go to the show that I'd let you know to stop by to say hi.

Steve taught me to ride a sports bike.....but I just prefer the freedom of being passenger. Steve was the only person I rode with for a very long time. He and I still stunt together, but I found that other riders respected me for the stunts I did with Steve.....I wasn't just another BW...(bike *****). I lasted one and a half years with that respect because I gave into that "twinge" one day.....it's never been the same since.

It wasn't worth it. But as I've learned, they never are! I'm working on building up that respect again as I begin to stunt now with Steve again. I've chosen to be viewed as a stunter.....rather than a chick on the back of a bike.

Don't ever lower your standards.......if you do raising the bar back up isn't easy.

~CAT
www.ItTakes2Freestyle.com
Old 09-08-2004, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRashChic
my goal is to find someone that rides better than me.. and isn't a big-headed *******.. and it doesn't hurt if he's hot as well of course

WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!
Good luck with that - I don't think he exists. BUT, if he does, and has a twin brother, LET ME KNOW!!!

:YEAH
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 PM

that would be me. the only thing is im an *** hole. and im no where near hot.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Crash Test Dummy

roxy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAT

RoxyGirl......if you go to LSBB this year......I'll be there with Steve.....come say hello!

~CAT
I'm not sure if I will be in Dallas that weekend.
If I make it, I will come out & say hi
Old 09-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

crisg555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Ever get tired of being one of the guys?

Originally Posted by roxygirl
You've got a couple of options…
You can hang with the guys which is always cool till every one has a date and you’re the 5th wheel (sounds like that’s what the problem is)
You could get tagged by the guys… (wouldn’t be my choice)
Or you could find some girls to ride with…

Hanging with the guys is great, but yeah it sucks when your guys bail on you for some split tail.
Can you blame them? Don’t be selfish. We all need a little loving for time to time. Find you a guy (date) that rides too, then you can ride together or get you some sissy boy to ride b!tch.
I agree with you roxy. Before I was with my boyfriend, we had more guys riding than girls. I wasn't totally just with the guys. There were some nights when my friend chiny couldn't ride, so I would end up being the only girl. But in my case, the guys were single also. I didn't mind it at all being the only girl. Just think, the girlfriends are probably thinking, "WOW, I wish I can do what she's doing....get my own bike and ride"...

Keep your head up chica... try meeting some other single riders also...
Old 09-09-2004, 06:03 PM

VICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VMCgirl
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. Last time I rode bitch the guy crashed.

Old 09-09-2004, 06:21 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

Originally Posted by crisg555
Just think, the girlfriends are probably thinking, "WOW, I wish I can do what she's doing....get my own bike and ride"...
hey crisg, thats a nice ride bro! don't see the yellow F4i's too often..
pimp ****!
Old 09-09-2004, 07:38 PM

darkphiber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VMCgirl
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. Last time I rode bitch the guy crashed.
~THIS IS CARMS~ EDIT:

STAY THE HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM!!!!!

Last edited by ~Carms~; 09-11-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:12 AM

gixxerchic600 is a decent person

Hey CAT, i noticed that your info says you live in Chino Hills CA... My boyfriend is from about 15 minutes from there, and we go back almost every weekend... Do you know many people out there? How do you like it compared to FL?
Old 09-10-2004, 12:21 AM

dan gates can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by darkphiber
Maybe your fat *** leaned too far over??!
aaawwww that was just mean
Old 09-10-2004, 06:02 AM

atreyu1983 is a decent person

Originally Posted by kingtuts
do you like being a man? from the sound of it you dont am i right? or just sometimes u wish u were a girl. cuz i aint gonna lie sometimes i wish i were a girl.
well at least you stoped there. I was expecting you to go on about all the sexy outfits you would wear, and how you would stay home all day and stair at your self naked. ............... Thanks for the restraint.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by crisg555
I agree with you roxy. Before I was with my boyfriend, we had more guys riding than girls. I wasn't totally just with the guys. There were some nights when my friend chiny couldn't ride, so I would end up being the only girl. But in my case, the guys were single also. I didn't mind it at all being the only girl. Just think, the girlfriends are probably thinking, "WOW, I wish I can do what she's doing....get my own bike and ride"...
That may be part of it. Last summer, when I met all the boys, only a couple of them were dating someone, and their girls never came out to ride. Just so happens that now the other three all have other halves, and all three are around ALL THE TIME.

It's sooo funny - I feel like a guy in saying "leave the bitch home and lets go ride!"

95% of the time we're riding, I'm the only girl... and that's the way I like it!

And to the person who is continually posting unconstructive crap in the thread - take a hike. And, FYI - we low sided in the corner because the guy tried to rail the corner too hard and didn't see some gravel AND oil.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:11 PM
CAT

I really like the dry heat....I was born in Phoenix, AZ so I'm a true "desert rat" at heart......I love it in CA. But I miss being able to stunt all the time with Steve.....the "practice track" was only like 10 minutes away....I don't have a bike of my own.....so I just go to an occasional bike night (SFV and Huntington Beach) but that just makes it worse sometimes. I know of a bike night on Tuesdays?? in Riverside....do you guys go to that at all? If so maybe my friend and I could meet you up there some time. She's just getting into the sport bike thing....NO STUNTS.....just likes to look at the bikes.

~CAT
Old 09-12-2004, 03:22 AM

gixxerchic600 is a decent person

Originally Posted by CAT
I really like the dry heat....I was born in Phoenix, AZ so I'm a true "desert rat" at heart......I love it in CA. But I miss being able to stunt all the time with Steve.....the "practice track" was only like 10 minutes away....I don't have a bike of my own.....so I just go to an occasional bike night (SFV and Huntington Beach) but that just makes it worse sometimes. I know of a bike night on Tuesdays?? in Riverside....do you guys go to that at all? If so maybe my friend and I could meet you up there some time. She's just getting into the sport bike thing....NO STUNTS.....just likes to look at the bikes.

~CAT
That's awesome... We are living in Phoenix right now. Well I know Dan used to hit up the Riverside bike night every once in a while back in the day, but we are usually only out there for friday saturday and sunday when we go... I work Mon-Fri, and Dan goes to school Mon-Fri, so it's hard to be out there during the week... But he knows of some spots out there so maybe the next time we are out there you could come out or something... And your friend could look at the nice bikes that show up hehe

Quick Reply: Ever get tired of being one of the guys?