What got you into Bikes??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 02:16 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Foxie250 is a decent person
What got you into Bikes??

Just curious to hear all the stories from the ladies as to what got them into bikes...

Foxie.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jengtz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What got you into Bikes??

Well I grew up around cars, racing and motorcycles. My whole family rides and love any type of vehicles. I guess you could say that its genetic...LOL

But what got me to actually learn how to ride was my mom. My dad bought another motorcycle and his old one went to her and she decided she wanted to be able to ride with the guys. So we took the Motorcycle Safety Course on Mothers Day weekend and both passed... :YEAH
Old 02-18-2004, 02:51 PM

Princess600 is an unknown quantity at this point

My brother got me into bikes. He had one and I would ride on the back all the time. My dad also decided he wanted one and offered to pay for the MSF Course for me so I said what the hell - I thought it would be good if we ever went out and someone got drunk or got into trouble and couldn't ride, I would be the extra person that had a license if need be. Then one day my brother wanted a new bike and asked me if I wanted his old one (92 F2) so I said SURE! And here I am 2 years later, loving every minute of it!!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by jengtz
Well I grew up around cars, racing and motorcycles. My whole family rides and love any type of vehicles. I guess you could say that its genetic...LOL

But what got me to actually learn how to ride was my mom. My dad bought another motorcycle and his old one went to her and she decided she wanted to be able to ride with the guys. So we took the Motorcycle Safety Course on Mothers Day weekend and both passed... :YEAH
when was this? I guess I'm asking how lnog have you been riding for?

I was always in to cars too... More the muscle cars then anything else. My father's a huge car guy, he was always taking me to car shows and watching races on TV. He was into bikes also but not sportbikes... needless to say he hates my bike and wish i had a cruiser!

here's a pic of my old '87 IROC...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	65089  
Old 02-18-2004, 03:26 PM

GSXR Chic is an unknown quantity at this point

My ex got me into it.. I realize I don't have a bike, but I loved every minute when he first started teaching me! I always rode on the back with him, and then I begged him to teach me how to ride before the summer was over and he did! It was awesome.. I was really nervous at first, and dumped it a couple times haha! But now I think its awesome!
Old 02-18-2004, 03:33 PM

fmxrider4life69 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it started when i was in first grade. i allways watched the races on tv, and then in second grade i got an 1974 xr75. then from then on my loved has progressed rapidly. noone in my family has rode before. i got my sisters husband into dirt bikes because i had one and he rode it and got a 125 :YEAH then i started racing his bike(89 kx125), and then moved on to a 2001 yz 125 to race on. but i have had many other bikes in my past, hopefully many more to come
Old 02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jengtz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Foxie250
when was this? I guess I'm asking how lnog have you been riding for?

I was always in to cars too... More the muscle cars then anything else. My father's a huge car guy, he was always taking me to car shows and watching races on TV. He was into bikes also but not sportbikes... needless to say he hates my bike and wish i had a cruiser!

here's a pic of my old '87 IROC...
We took the class last year. I've been riding my moms bike every once in a while just to keep myself used to it. Haven't gotten my own bike yet but I hope to soon. I know exactly what you mean about your dad hating your bike. My whole family rides cruiser type bikes (mainly Harleys) and they all hate the idea of me on a sportbike, but I just can't get into the look of those bikes...I love the look of a sportbike.

My brother has a 66 Chevelle that runs low 10s in the quarter mile, and I love that car. I got really into the show side of cars and starting working on my first car when I was 18 and I still have it today, sponsored by Infinity Car Audio. I guess you could say I love anything with wheels. I can't seem to leave anything stock either.... Kinda an expensive problem though
Old 02-22-2004, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by GSXR Chic
My ex got me into it.. I realize I don't have a bike, but I loved every minute when he first started teaching me! I always rode on the back with him, and then I begged him to teach me how to ride before the summer was over and he did! It was awesome.. I was really nervous at first, and dumped it a couple times haha! But now I think its awesome!
that's cool... I wanted to get a bike years ago but my ex at the time wouldn't let me... when i got my bike the first thing i did was call him up an rub it in! :YEAH
Old 02-22-2004, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by jengtz
We took the class last year. I've been riding my moms bike every once in a while just to keep myself used to it. Haven't gotten my own bike yet but I hope to soon. I know exactly what you mean about your dad hating your bike. My whole family rides cruiser type bikes (mainly Harleys) and they all hate the idea of me on a sportbike, but I just can't get into the look of those bikes...I love the look of a sportbike.

My brother has a 66 Chevelle that runs low 10s in the quarter mile, and I love that car. I got really into the show side of cars and starting working on my first car when I was 18 and I still have it today, sponsored by Infinity Car Audio. I guess you could say I love anything with wheels. I can't seem to leave anything stock either.... Kinda an expensive problem though
That's awesome! Well as long as you can support your habit keep up with it! Which car is this that you have? I don't think you posted earlier about it!

My ex's step father had a 66 chevelle ragtop! Nice car!

Are there a lot of tracks around your place?
Old 02-22-2004, 09:26 PM

that's cool... I wanted to get a bike years ago but my ex at the time wouldn't let me... when i got my bike the first thing i did was call him up an rub it in! :YEAH
Thats f*ckin awesome!! :YEAH
Old 02-23-2004, 12:12 AM

Thats f*ckin awesome!! :YEAH
oh yeah no doubt! You've gotta rub those things in!

so are you planning on getting a bike for this year?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Princess600
My brother got me into bikes. He had one and I would ride on the back all the time. My dad also decided he wanted one and offered to pay for the MSF Course for me so I said what the hell - I thought it would be good if we ever went out and someone got drunk or got into trouble and couldn't ride, I would be the extra person that had a license if need be. Then one day my brother wanted a new bike and asked me if I wanted his old one (92 F2) so I said SURE! And here I am 2 years later, loving every minute of it!!
I don't know much about licensing in the states... what does MSF stand for? Here you don't have to take a course. You basically take a written test which gives you a 90 day permit to ride during the day... and then you go back and take a riding test.

do you have any pics of your bike?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:17 AM

No.. I don't have jack **** for $$ lol! I'm a poor student I'm seriously gonna start saving tho because I want a bike so bad now!! It would be so much fun!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:21 AM

No.. I don't have jack **** for $$ lol! I'm a poor student I'm seriously gonna start saving tho because I want a bike so bad now!! It would be so much fun!
aww.. what are you studying?

I know what you mean about the $ situation... I'm not working right now... I've put all of my savings towards my insurance and bike payments for this year.. I need to get a part time job soon!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:25 AM

aww.. what are you studying?

I know what you mean about the $ situation... I'm not working right now... I've put all of my savings towards my insurance and bike payments for this year.. I need to get a part time job soon!
I'm a senior in high school, so its my last year their thank god.. but I'm going into dental hygiene and they make quite a bit of money. Right now I am employed at a dance studio teaching little ones how to dance, which isn't that bad but you don't get many hours! But at least its something I love doing since I dance too!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:28 AM

I'm a senior in high school, so its my last year their thank god.. but I'm going into dental hygiene and they make quite a bit of money. Right now I am employed at a dance studio teaching little ones how to dance, which isn't that bad but you don't get many hours! But at least its something I love doing since I dance too!
o0o how old are you?

my girlfriend teaches ballroom dancing... kinda corny but I want to go with a friend of mine for a couple sessions for the fun of it! Dental hygiene should be good... are there a lot of schools in the states that offer forensic science programs?
Old 02-23-2004, 12:35 AM

o0o how old are you?

my girlfriend teaches ballroom dancing... kinda corny but I want to go with a friend of mine for a couple sessions for the fun of it! Dental hygiene should be good... are there a lot of schools in the states that offer forensic science programs?
Almost 18, that would be fun! I have never tried that kind of dancing before. Yes there are.. I'm looking into one here in Iowa but there is a 2 yr. waiting list! Long time if you ask me..
Old 02-23-2004, 12:50 AM

Almost 18, that would be fun! I have never tried that kind of dancing before. Yes there are.. I'm looking into one here in Iowa but there is a 2 yr. waiting list! Long time if you ask me..
nice what astrological sign are you? I got my license when I was 19, I'm 20 now... I think I was looking at a list before of schools that offered forensic science... I didn't know that there was a waiting period. There aren't any waiting periods here but the program is always pending for approval every year. That and there are only 3 schools in my province that offer it and usually only take from 25-30 students a year.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:58 AM

Thats just it.. the schools here in Iowa take a limited # of students in this field, which really sucks and thats why it's so backed up! I'm looking at schools in other states but I dunno I get really home sick at times.. ya know?! I think if I go to school where I want to, and get an apartment of my own I'll be ok because I can still come back and visit my mom and what not.. but I don't know yet!
Old 02-23-2004, 01:19 AM

have you ever considered going to s school outside of Iowa? Even in Canada for an example? I know there's a really good Dental program in a school around London, Ontario... when do you have to start applying?

Quick Reply: What got you into Bikes??