2 up stoppie with my girl?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 12:57 PM

slinky750 is a decent person
2 up stoppie with my girl?

hey ladys figured i'd post in here since Shuggs is the only other guy that i've seen post....i'm lookin for some advice on what to do for 2 up stoppies? i can do them myself...nothing long...but i'm confident on keeping them short and controlled...i wanna try some with my gf...but not sure what to tell her to do? got any hints? or should we just feel them out? where should she hang on or what should she hang on with? when she rides normal she usually keeps her hands on the tank...or holds around me while accelerating...also any pointers from you girls on how i can get her on her own bike? where did you practice first? i wanna take her to an abandoned parking lot and put her on my gixxer 750...should i just put her on and hold the bike? or what? i've never had to teach anyone to ride but myself....i also have access to a Kawi 550 spectra cruiser...its a lot more low slung (quite ugly but lower:p ...should i start her out on that? .....ok i'm done questions for now!! and carms and Laura....i cant wait for march(cant make it down for the upcoming bike week in october)...i wanna see you two do your stuff in person....i'm very impressed with how you lady's are bringing women into this...and keep it up...i know i'm one guy that you have definately got some respect from and i know there are a lot others....
lata ladies!!

Last edited by slinky750; 10-02-2002 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:20 PM

Signal12_babe is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats great that you want to try some 2 up stunts with your GF Does she want to try them, or is this all your idea ?!

I don't want to be the one to give you advise on what to tell her to do while on the back doing stunts, cuz I have just started myself and I am still in the learning process. But i can give you a few helpful hints on how to get her to ride on her own

The way that I have seen some people do it is, they would stand in front of them and make them get used ti the clutch and throlte. Then you would slowly move and make sure that they are looking where they want to go. ( You know how important that is ) and eventually they will get comfy enough with it that then you can move up to trying to change gears

I hope that helps a little. I am not good at trying to type out helpful info. to where it can make sence :p

Good luck and ride safe !!
Old 10-02-2002, 09:34 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Carms was my first 2 up partner and it was her 1st time doing stunts. I wanted to venture into something new and she did also. My best advise is be very comfortable in your stoppies by yourself. Once you feel you are in complete control then move on (keep in mind accidents can happen) If something does not feel right then do not follow through with it. The only thing I told Carms to do when we first started was hold on tight and tighten your legs up against the rear fairing. From there she pretty muched learned what to do on her own to stay on the bike. It may have helped that she rides her own bike as well. As far as teaching your girl to ride, It is a great idea. Carms has been teaching a fellow girl in our area to ride, so maybe she can give you somemore pointers in that area as I have not had to teach anyone. Also maybe she can elaberate(sp?) on some of the stunting issues because there is no way in hell I would do stunts as a passenger on someones bike I give mad props to the passengers of stunters because they have to be more crazy then the rider.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:07 AM

TricknR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend loves the 2up. Laterz
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	doublestand.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1984  
Old 10-11-2002, 03:34 PM

jmacdaddyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Put that chick on a dirtbike, will give her the essentials of driving a bike without the weight. As far as stoppies go, just tell her to hang on, and remember once the bike comes up it is a hell of a lot harder to control than when you are riding solo. Balance point is a little different also. Practice small stoppies, you know the one's you do when you are begining to learn stoppies where it only gets up about 5 inches and then progress up higher and higher. Good luck--If you wreck with her while doing stoppies you might not get no *** for awhile. My 2cents. :head