Small ridin' Female...

Old 02-06-2005, 07:27 AM

lilseanbee14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Small ridin' Female...

Hey guys! my name is Sean (yes I am a female) and i have a ninja 250. Im tiny!!!!! 4' 11"ish!!! I really wanna move up to maybe the new 600rr but wasnt sure if i should or not. I was wondering if maybe any of you ladies were tiny like me ridin a bike that big?? I would have to lower it without a doubt, but do you think the reach to the handle bars would be too much?? if anyone has any input i would Really REally appreciate it! Or if you guys know of any 600s that are little people friendly! lol!! Thanks in advanced!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all
Re: Small ridin' Female...

Wow....someone I'm actually taller than!! Just kidding with ya! I'm 5'3", and ride a gixxer 750. It is slammed (dropped 3 inches), but the reach isn't really a problem for me. My husband even took the seat off and removed the leather and shaved some of the foam off the sides to make it thinner so my legs weren't spread so far apart. It's the little things like that that make it easier to ride.
I just got a 2001 gixxer 600, but havn't been able to ride it yet because it needs to be lowered. My hubby wants me to ride it to see if I like it before he spends the cash to lower it, but I can't ride it until it's lowered. So I'm screwed.
The only problem I still have is the brake lever isn't adjustable, so I have to really stretch my hand to get it to cover the brake. But it isn't that bad.
Good luck!!
Old 02-06-2005, 11:07 PM

loca_chica is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think the reach on a 600 would be all that much greater than the 250.......Height is gonna be your only real issue I think!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:12 AM

sittinguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen small girls on lowered F4i, and they loved em 4'11,, sweeeet. pic please
Old 02-07-2005, 10:59 AM

Stoppie Steve F4i is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lilseanbee14
Hey guys! my name is Sean (yes I am a female) and i have a ninja 250. Im tiny!!!!! 4' 11"ish!!! I really wanna move up to maybe the new 600rr but wasnt sure if i should or not. I was wondering if maybe any of you ladies were tiny like me ridin a bike that big?? I would have to lower it without a doubt, but do you think the reach to the handle bars would be too much?? if anyone has any input i would Really REally appreciate it! Or if you guys know of any 600s that are little people friendly! lol!! Thanks in advanced!
you can ride me im sure youll fit
Old 02-07-2005, 05:09 PM

Stoppie Steve F4i is an unknown quantity at this point

i ment to say you can ride an f4i like mine youll fit
Old 02-07-2005, 05:50 PM

loca_chica is an unknown quantity at this point

lmao!!! of course you did, little freudian slip there???
Old 02-07-2005, 06:30 PM

SicFLgirlR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello fellow ***** Poose member ! I met a chickie a while back who lives in south FLA, she was 4'10" and rode an F4i, so it can be done! I'm only 5'2" and ride a stock height R6. Go by your local dealership and have the guys help(so you don't drop one by accident) you sit on the bikes and see make/model has a lean that you are comphy with . Yamaha makes a nice narrow bike which is good b/c it helps you get your footies down more. I've had gf's that could touch the ground on my bike, but couldn't do the same on a Suzuki or Honda. Its pretty easy to lower a bike so no worries chickie, and if you get the bike as low as it will go and you're still having problem just shave down the seat foam, that can give you an extra inch or two.
Take care chickie,
Courtney
Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 PM

vero is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 5'2" and I ride a Buell XB9R, 31" (I believe) seat height, it has caused some definite problems 'cause I can only barely touch both feet tippy toes, but overall I've gotten along pretty well. When you're stopped you're only supposed to have one foot down anyways right?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:30 PM

Thanx for all the info guys!! I think my best bet is goin to the dealership and jus sittin on the bikes to see which would be best for me, but man i love those hondas!!! haha! I sat on the new F4i at the Javits show and the seat seemed pretty wide, so that might be a problem for me
Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 AM

Gixxer_Princess is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Gixxer 600 and it is lowered. It is also for sale too https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109440
Old 02-08-2005, 10:40 AM

gixxercutie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new here... I'm 5'3 and I ride a gsxr 600... lowered an inch and a half.
We used lowering bones to do mine, only $50. You can lower it more than that, thats just how much I chose. It's very comfortable, although, the first bike I ever rode was an R6 and I found it to be even more comfortable.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:23 AM

Thanx for all the info guys!! I think my best bet is goin to the dealership and jus sittin on the bikes to see which would be best for me, but man i love those hondas!!! haha! I sat on the new F4i at the Javits show and the seat seemed pretty wide, so that might be a problem for me
The newer F4i model that came out sucks and its wicked bulky, try sitting on an '02 F4i and see how you like it. Good luck with your search for a new toy chickie.
Courtney
Old 02-08-2005, 03:32 PM

Yea the new F4i def sux, which is why I wanted to try and go for the new 600RR. I looooove the '02 F4i but i might have to buy sumthin new which sux because im gonna have to make payments...unless the dealership has sum good used bikes..Ill jus have to go check it out.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Try Cycletrader.com, LOTS of F4i's on there. Dealerships usually have clean used bikes, but they want waaay too much for them. Check NADA value for bikes too before you buy one. My first bike was a Rebuilt title R6, it was totally rebuilt and you could never tell it had been down, but it was WAY cheaper than a clean title bike. I'd suggest just going with a rebuilt title bike, since its your first big bike you'll probably drop it or lay it down and you don't want to scratch up something you paid a big chunk of change for until you get the hang of the weight diff.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:37 PM

gixxerchic600 is a decent person

Originally Posted by SicFLgirlR6
Try Cycletrader.com, LOTS of F4i's on there. Dealerships usually have clean used bikes, but they want waaay too much for them. Check NADA value for bikes too before you buy one. My first bike was a Rebuilt title R6, it was totally rebuilt and you could never tell it had been down, but it was WAY cheaper than a clean title bike. I'd suggest just going with a rebuilt title bike, since its your first big bike you'll probably drop it or lay it down and you don't want to scratch up something you paid a big chunk of change for until you get the hang of the weight diff.
The only problem with that is Insurance... I know my insurance for my bike is outrageous enough with a clean title bike. It would be soooo much worse if it was a rebuilt title. And some places won't even insure a rebuilt title bike. It's cool if you live in a state that doesn't require motorcycle insurance, but I'm sure most if not all DO require it....
Old 02-08-2005, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerchic600
The only problem with that is Insurance... I know my insurance for my bike is outrageous enough with a clean title bike. It would be soooo much worse if it was a rebuilt title. And some places won't even insure a rebuilt title bike. It's cool if you live in a state that doesn't require motorcycle insurance, but I'm sure most if not all DO require it....
I had theft and liability/bodily injury on my rebuilt R6 I used to have and it costs the same with the clean title R6 I have now. With FL you don't have to have insurance if you wear a helmet b/c of the no helmet law its a way for them to try and get you to wear it. But you'd be a moron not to have insurance, b/c what if you hit a pedestrian or injure someone in a car and the accident is your fault, you are asking to be sued if you are not covered some how. I don't know why insurance would care if it was clean or rebuilt, when a kid hit my R6 in a parking lot 2 years ago and totalled it his insurance had to pay me the same amount a clean R6 would cost, so in insurance companies eyes rebuilt and clean are worth the same. I know you can't insure a salavge bike, but you can't register it either...
Old 02-09-2005, 07:42 AM

Thats a good idea, i guess ill have to look into it with my insurance company to see whats up. Thanx for the info guys!