Polynesian Tatts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:42 PM

AraiPnai is a decent person
Polynesian Tatts?

Anyone know the meanings of each of the designs? Trying to design mine but I don't know all the meanings really.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:11 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Polynesian Tatts?

if you need someone else to tell you the meaning of something it shouldnt mean enough to you to get it permanently branded in your skin tattoos should be personal, not just random ****.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
if you need someone else to tell you the meaning of something it shouldnt mean enough to you to get it permanently branded in your skin tattoos should be personal, not just random ****.
x10 I have my fore arm covered in something that means somehing... But thats about it was not something big in my life then i have a little *** tat that is on my wrist and its my fav just cause its important to me...
Old 03-06-2009, 03:28 PM

it is personal, but i know there's meaning to each of those designs.. i don't want to just put a design in there and then find out it means like.. "i am manly" o.O

i.e. i know the peata, is called the "sharkteeth" and symbolizes one's dedication and sacrifice to their family.. then the basket design symbolizes water, which part of my design is water as it is supposed to symbolize the path of life being fluid due to its ease and hardships at the same time and so WE have to be fluid to get through life.. then the curled in fern is to symbolize a plant that has not grown, hence "growth and still growing", but if the fern is not curled into itself, it means "growth is completed"..

other than those designs, i don't know the meaning of the other desings (like i know one is a spear, there's another that symbolizes marriage so i cannot put that in cuz i'm not) .. i'm trying to find the meaning so it isn't just random designs that dont' actually apply to me.. it has to be polynesian because the honu (turtles) that are centralized in it are polynesian (symbolizing "forever", each turtle representing a family in my family, and as you know, family is forever) and polynesian would represent the dancing i do (hawaiian and tahitian)...

so it has deep meaning.. even though i don't know the meaning now.. but if the other designs' meanings have nothing that apply to me, then the above designs i DO know are going to be the only designs i will have..

*shrugs*
Old 03-06-2009, 03:40 PM

well i'm just "researching" right now anyway... if no one knows really, then that's fine.. i'm still looking around anyway, and am in no rush to get it asap unless i get all my info together..

i COULD go to a polynesian tatt person, but i feel i'll have more attachment to the design if i designed it myself as well..
Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

show us your *****
Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM

you're kinda late on that dude.. haha... not that i already did.. o.O
Old 03-07-2009, 03:50 PM

K-Dubz is a decent person

couple good books that may give you some info and ideas- Tattoos From Paradise, and World of Tattoo.

I want to design a Polynesian tat myself and its not easy getting the info you need

Also, google it cause there is a website (i forget the name) that has tons of info but I think you have a to pay a small fee
Old 03-10-2009, 12:43 AM

yeah i've seen those sites.. don't wanna pay tho.. haha.. and the free sites i have found don't give too much info.. but thanks for the book titles.. i've heard of books out there, but wasn't sure which one specifically..