Now I'm being a Hypocrite(sp?)

Plan on getting a tat. soon....

Arabic letters saying "to overcome"...

what should I know before i go in?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:38 PM
retired postwhore

FAhq will become famous soon enoughFAhq will become famous soon enough
Re: Now I'm being a Hypocrite(sp?)

Make sure the guy doing the work knows what he's doing. I have a buddy that thinks it wise to save money on tats by going to this dude downtown, and his colors are all fukked up, and the tats just don't look good. You get what you pay for, so don't be cheap. Post pics of the tat when it's done.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:00 PM

BLONDE BOMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont just go to anyone... check different places out. Try to go to someone thats well known in your area!

Yeah and I agree with FAhq also!

Definitely post up a pic when you get it!!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:14 PM

Big Brother is a decent person

.....make sure "To Overcome" is correctly done (spelled correctly and dialogue is correct).
I've seen so many people get Chinese letters or characters tattooed on them and it's "not quite" what they thought it was. When dealing with foreign language or writings.....there is just so much to consider.

Good Luck!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 04:34 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dyno is a decent person

Originally Posted by bigbrother
.....make sure "To Overcome" is correctly done (spelled correctly and dialogue is correct).
I've seen so many people get Chinese letters or characters tattooed on them and it's "not quite" what they thought it was. When dealing with foreign language or writings.....there is just so much to consider.

Good Luck!!!
Oh i know bro...there's this guy who was getting some chinese letters done and he wanted something like "hope"...he got it....he showed it to this chinese guy and he was like "read what it says" and the chinese guy replied "ninja fighter"....he was fcuked...

I'm goin to this local place that's very well known...and its deff. not cheap...I talked to alot of people that went there and no-one has anything bad to say...
Old 03-28-2005, 02:12 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

just make sure you keep it clean and dont let it dry out and peel. you cant soak in any tubs or anything like that for at least a week. go to a shop you know is quality.

it doesnt hurt, just concentrate on breathing and you should be fine.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:51 AM

Dyno is a decent person

Can I go into a hot-tub without soaking my arm? Will the heat rising do anything to it?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:51 AM
retired postwhore

FAhq will become famous soon enoughFAhq will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dyno
Can I go into a hot-tub without soaking my arm? Will the heat rising do anything to it?
not sure about that one....but it is always better to err on the side of caution with a new tat, they should give you a list of do's and don'ts that you can refer to...keep it bandaged up for the first day, keep it moist, etc....and remember to tip your artist.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:00 AM

Hippie459MN is an unknown quantity at this point

I know its not much but the simple aftercare instructions I follow can be found here: ForeverYoursTattoo

Just click the launch site link then click on Tattoos link and you should find it. Not much but thats what I been doing for years and mine still look like they are new.

For sure shop around. The 2 places I go people give me a hard time about them being so expensive but I tell em come see me in a year when your ink looks 5 years old and mine still looks good as new. Like everyone else said, Ya get what ya pay for. I will post some pics of my ink soon. Just need to get around to taking a few pics.

Oh yeah, They sponser a sweet race bike too! :YEAH
Old 03-30-2005, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dyno

its not the heat, its the moisture that will ruin the tat. and make sure you tell the guy to press hard, you want the ink to stay
Old 03-30-2005, 06:32 PM

bigman is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I’m not an artist or a professional, but I have about 36hours worth of work on my leg and back, and still have about another 10 or so hours to go on my back, but so far all the artists I have talked to and especially the one who is putting the work in my artwork, all agree on one thing, and that is that they highly recommend not to use bandages. The bandages will do more damage to your ink than about anything. All the artists that I know use sandwich wrap, or something similar, and it is only for the first hour or two until you can get home and wash it properly with a light antibacterial soap, and put some A&D on it. Then let it stay uncovered for the rest of the healing process, to allow oxygen to get to it to heal it. It is also not good to use too much A&D, because, “keeping it moist”, also blocks oxygen, and can clog pores. Clogged pores lead to pimples, which if popped can take ink out with them. Bandages will actually work as sponges and draw the ink out of a fresh tat. Washing the Tattoo with your hand only, no wash cloth, and soap then let it air dry, no towel just free air drying, then a little A&D worked in so that it is not visible, if it is you used too much, if so take a clean paper towel and dap the excess off. This should be done one to two times a day. Personally I have started using Tattoo Goo and I wash it twice a day and only put the Goo on the first time, and let it be open at bedtime. Also when the Tattoo starts to dry out, stop with the A&D and let it go for a day, then continue to wash it at shower time, and use unscented NO wax hand lotion, once or twice a day till it doesn’t bother you anymore. The whole process is different for everyone, but personally it takes about 10days for me to fully heal, and I would say that in about 2 weeks, FOR ME it is safe to soak in water. But everyone is different, it may take longer for you, just keep an eye on it, and you should be able to tell when it is healed engulf, it will stop looking shinny.

Again, this is MY OPENION, based on MY EXPERIENCE, with MY BODY, and MY INK, everyone has there own way of doing it, and I am sure it works just as well for them, as this does for me. I just thought I would put in my $0.02 in, for what it’s worth, and maybe it will help.

Oh, and it’s the chemicals in the hot tub, or pool, and the salt water in the ocean that cause the big problem. As well as the moisture, as was mentioned earlier, that will cause the ink to be drawn out.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:07 PM

the above post was exactly what i did and was told to do. i let the tat get a little dried out before i put on some A & D, pretty much when it would ich i would put a little on just to stop the iching. my tat came out looking perfect.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

it doesnt hurt, just concentrate on breathing and you should be fine.
If it doesn't hurt, why do you have to concentrate on your breathing??? Just giving you some ****.
I have three and IMO they hurt!! Especially on your back!!
And why is this thread titled "Now I'm being a hypocrite"?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

Oooohhh...never mind about the "thread name" question. I just scrolled down a bit further. Teehee!
HYPOCRITE!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by GSXR-Red
If it doesn't hurt, why do you have to concentrate on your breathing??? Just giving you some ****.
I have three and IMO they hurt!! Especially on your back!!
And why is this thread titled "Now I'm being a hypocrite"?

yeah true i guess. it CAN hurt, but it doesnt if you can control yourself. i guess thats what i was trying to say. if you are scared of the needle, it will hurt. its all comparative anyways. before i got my tat, i was like, ive been through alot more pain than a tat......and i was right.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. If you psyche yourself out too much before you get to the shop, the second they touch you with the needle, you'll pass out! Hey, compared to childbirth, a tattoo is nothing to me now!! It's all in your perspective.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by GSXR-Red
Yeah, I know what you mean. If you psyche yourself out too much before you get to the shop, the second they touch you with the needle, you'll pass out! Hey, compared to childbirth, a tattoo is nothing to me now!! It's all in your perspective.

thats funny that you say that, cuz my tat artist told me a girl went in there and when he pulled out the needle, she fainted. didnt even start it or anything, just getting it ready

and ive seen child birth.....OOOOWWWWWWW i asked the doctor to add a few extra stiches too
Old 04-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

I got the "Daddy stitches" already. :YEAH
My problem was when I got to the tat shop. When I showed her what I wanted (celtic knotwork, a good size, and very detailed) and where I wanted it, she kept trying to talk me out of it. "Do you know how bad that is going to hurt?" "Are you sure you don't want it somewhere else?" "I know this isn't your first, but are you sure?" By the time she started, I was scared shitless!! It felt like a hot exacto knife carving into my spine! But I got through it. She told me about people passing out when she turned the needle on, and some when she just touched them.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:11 PM

Dyno is a decent person

mine wasnt bad at all...Just kinda sucked when he would pull a big line and not lift up and just kinda keep going....that was bad....other than that, I kinda enjoyed it....