www.Redline-Xtreme.com
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Tampa???

Old 12-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
Tampa???

Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking about moving over to the Tampa area or possibly the Boca/Ft Lauderdale area...

Was wondering what you all thought of Tampa seeing you've all been there a long time. I checked out J-Ville, didn't quite like it, Miami is out of the question and Daytona is G-Bage...

Any help would be great...

...help....

Old 12-01-2003, 05:52 PM

redlinejesse is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I personaly love it but I was born and raised here so you might not want to take my opion!!!!! Although you will have some good teams to ride with.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:25 PM
Debating another bike...

Hell Yea, I was thinking in my favor, closer to lakeland, more peeps to ride with more often, WORK making more than minimum wage...lol... and something more than 8 mile during off season...
Old 12-01-2003, 07:13 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by redlinejesse
Well I personaly love it but I was born and raised here so you might not want to take my opion!!!!! Although you will have some good teams to ride with.
My thoughts exactly
Old 12-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Debating another bike...

How are the high tech jobs there? Is there a LOT of industry?

I know the nightlife in Ybor is off the hook, what are the other good things about Tampa? And what might be the bad things?

I know tampa is 110 times better than daytona, I think every major city in Fl is, but what do you think of it over Ft Lauderdale, etc? I gotta ask nags about down there...

Johnny
Old 12-01-2003, 07:59 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Johnny...Tampa is great and there is always something going on to keep you busy. And like Jesse said there is always somebody willing to ride.

I know we are hiring here at T-mobile at the IT helpdesk. It is very basic computer support, but the pay has to be the best out of all of the IT Helpdesks I have seen. However, you would need some sort of past helpdesk or call center experience. If you have that let me know and I can pass on your resume to my manager.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:58 PM

chknodc is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Tampa???

Originally posted by DTE
Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking about moving over to the Tampa area or possibly the Boca/Ft Lauderdale area...

Was wondering what you all thought of Tampa seeing you've all been there a long time. I checked out J-Ville, didn't quite like it, Miami is out of the question and Daytona is G-Bage...

Any help would be great...

...help....

If you're into diving the vis sux on the west coast. If you're a surfer, best to travel east.
If you're into the ride, then you've found the right place. You'll always find someone to ride.
Chkn

Last edited by chknodc; 12-01-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Debating another bike...

Jimmy, check your pm's.

So far I haven't heard anything bad about tampa, so I'm thinking it might be a prime candidate...woohooo...
Old 12-01-2003, 10:20 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
I loved Tampa.
The IT field in general blows right now in that area so unless you have something lined up, don't hold your breathe.
I was in at T- Mobile thanks to Jimmy as well and having worked in the Tampa area they pay as good if not better than any other place for that type of IT support.
Unfortunaly I turned it down and headed north with the family, but that is a decent place to work, close to alot of things and most of all Lakeland and other spots are nearby.
Cost of living is fairly cheap compared to other parts of FL too, especially if you head just 20 - 30 minutes north of Tampa.
I sold my house (2bed, 2 bath, 1+ car gar.) in August for only about 90k, and you can get nice rentals, homes even for under a grand all over.

Good luck.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:02 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Clay is an unknown quantity at this point
i am from Cali and i have been in Tampa for two years and i love it here if that helps any and you can ride all year round
oh and i almost for got and tha ladies are
Old 12-02-2003, 09:24 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

BABEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Best reason to move to Tampa.....I LIVE HERE...Just kidding Tampa is a great place that I have seen so far..Yes, Ybor is totally off the hook, depending on where you live only about an hour or less from Lakeland and everyone here always willing to lend a hand and they are always getting together to do something

Great Place...

Now Lauderdale....I am down there every weekend. Its about 5-10 degrees warmer than Tampa everytime I go, nite life is off the chain in downtown Lauderddale, close to South Beach and Miami if your lookin for more than one thing to do....

If I had to do it over again....I would move further south, its warmer, pay for what I do is more and the most obvious, closer to my baby....Its all about trial and error down here, but I am sure you know that!

Good Luck!
Old 12-07-2003, 10:24 AM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by BABEE
Best reason to move to Tampa.....I LIVE HERE...Just kidding Tampa is a great place that I have seen so far..Yes, Ybor is totally off the hook, depending on where you live only about an hour or less from Lakeland and everyone here always willing to lend a hand and they are always getting together to do something

Great Place...

Now Lauderdale....I am down there every weekend. Its about 5-10 degrees warmer than Tampa everytime I go, nite life is off the chain in downtown Lauderddale, close to South Beach and Miami if your lookin for more than one thing to do....

If I had to do it over again....I would move further south, its warmer, pay for what I do is more and the most obvious, closer to my baby....Its all about trial and error down here, but I am sure you know that!

Good Luck!
Last nite down at Riverfront was off the chain. i guess the cold weather brought out all the freaks. there were a half a dozen topless chicks and one girl running around completly nude.

Yeah Fort Lauderdale is where its at. IT jobs are a bit scarce around here but if you do find one typically the pay is really good. Especially if your into midrange and mainframe server management as I am.