Kansas City Fiddys www.KC50s.com
Kansas City, MO

Website - kc50s.com - It's official!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Fuscat is an unknown quantity at this point
Website - kc50s.com - It's official!

Alright Kansas City Fiddy Riders here's the scoop!

http://kc50s.com is now official! :YEAH

Currently we just got a place holder up for the time being, that will change over the next couple weeks.. Give us a little time to get some things hammered out. We will get something up here shortly.

Total registration ended up being $90. DarthTedd and I have been discussing this and have gotten everything settled. We have agreed to cover this cost ourselves! The only things we want to ask for in return are the following 3 terms. Consider them your "end user agreement" so to speak:

A) Everyone tries to help with what they can. Things like, content, images, graphics, ideas, footwork, etc etc. Some people are going to be better at certain things then others. For instance, I suck with graphics but am pretty good at think tanking and generating ideas and content. And I usually drag the camera out atleast a few times when we ride to get some pics. Some people may not be real good with anything for the online part but may be good with contacting people for different things and have hook ups to get things done! There is something for everyone for sure even if not right away!

B) If for some chance limits are reached or bandwidth is exceeded or for any other reason additional fees are incurred from time to time from the website, you will help with what you can on covering these costs.

C) Finally, administration of the site will be left in the sole control of DarthTedd. He is extremely excited about the group and the website and has agreed to take on the roll of webmaster/administrator. He has been wanting to take on a new website project and since getting the fiddy and becoming addicted like the rest of us it just makes sense. The domain itself is already registered and the webhosting contract is signed under him. He will be taking care of actually building the site and content updates etc. I will help him with little crap like adding user accounts, setting up emails that type of stuff and anything else he asks me to do.

All that we ask on this end is that you give us a chance to get something going for right at the moment. It will take us a few days to get something put together but we already have a basic layout rundown we have decided to go with and a few ideas we want to incorporate. We know everyone will have an opinion and a ton of ideas and thoughts of what to do here and there right off the bat, but we ask that you give us a little bit of time to get going on it so something effective can be put up right from the start. When you have 10 people with 10 different ideas and 10 different opinions of what and where and how to do things, nothing real great gets done. So please bear with us for a little bit, we think you will like what were already working on!!

After discussing it though having one person on the admin/webmaster side will help in the long run with keeping things manageable and keeping from getting too many hands in the cookie jar so to speak. This just cuts down on ill feelings and problems later on. (we've both been there, done that, want to avoid that at all costs!!) This is gonna be alot of fun for everyone and frankly gives him and I a project to work on, we need the practice! Were both a little out of shape so to speak on this stuff! Unfortunately for us we sit in front of the computers all day long and this gives us access to the site and controls for it pretty much at all times.

We both hope these conditions won't bother anyone. Our intentions aren't to step on any toes or to "take over" anything. If you give us the chance we got some great ideas for the site short and long term and want to make it the best we possibly can with everybody in mind. But we will need everyones help, and want everyone to be as involved as they can and would like to be.

If you guys have a problem with this by all means lets discuss, if you don't feel like publicly discussing it please send Darthtedd or myself a PM and we can work it out that way.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Whew! now that all that mumbo jumbo is out of the way, here is what were looking at so far.

For each member we will have an email address (*****@kc50s.com) and some webspace to store pics and stuff with FTP access to it. Were doing a rider page with pictures and Bio info for sure:

So, the first part we need from you guys is info. We need the pictures and BIO info you want put up for the riders page. Send it to me or darthtedd through email. I will go in and save all the images on the site Brian has up now for each of you but if you want more or different pics send them!!

(darthtedd@kc50s.com or fuscat@kc50s.com)

Also I will need what you want as your username & password to start getting your accounts set up. This username will be your FTP login as well as your @kc50s.com email addy and your main login for the site in general. send it to my kc50s.com email addy above!

:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

Last edited by adamf4i; 12-09-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

adamf4i is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Website - kc50s.com - It's official!

wow i just read for an hour damn did you type enough hahahah jk

no nicely put everythin you just tell me when you need some help ill help anytime i can either you can come over or i can come over and we can work on the site since we live so close to one and another
Old 12-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Regular StuntLifer

hell yea works for me man! haha yea i typed a bunch i have a habit of starting to type and thats what ends up.. hahah
Old 12-03-2004, 03:02 PM

adamf4i is an unknown quantity at this point

cool you should check into that software zach told me to download for the avators its pretty nice program check it out

www.download.com

then go to gif movie gear you have to search for it under downloads figured you would want to make an avator
Old 12-03-2004, 04:16 PM

DarthTedd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adamf4i
cool you should check into that software zach told me to download for the avators its pretty nice program check it out

www.download.com

then go to gif movie gear you have to search for it under downloads figured you would want to make an avator
Sweet avatar dude!
Old 12-03-2004, 04:36 PM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt know that that host added fees when u reach ur bandwidth limit - that could be very bad - my host just shuts mine off if i go over 2 gigs in one day until 12 oclock that night. everything else sounds good
Old 12-03-2004, 05:28 PM
KKR

KKR is an unknown quantity at this point

I like that KC Fiddy's logo thing where it says coming soon!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Regular StuntLifer

I don't know that it does yet Brian.. Tedd is still going over the details on the paper work. I just added that in as a CYA just in case measure when I was writing that all up. Will have to check into that to make sure of the details..

If you come out this weekend throw that hoodie in with ya.. And if we meet up ill pay up!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by brian127
i didnt know that that host added fees when u reach ur bandwidth limit - that could be very bad - my host just shuts mine off if i go over 2 gigs in one day until 12 oclock that night. everything else sounds good
I'll have to call them and ask. I hope I didn't just eff myself.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:39 PM

mike121 is an unknown quantity at this point

:YEAH aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhit
Old 12-04-2004, 05:38 AM
go **** yourself

it wont be a problem if thats the case just dont have videos on the site
Old 12-04-2004, 09:52 AM

I was reading on the site and the 60 gig transfer rate is a monthly figure. I also opened a ticket and asked if there's an additional fee for going over the transfer rate or if the site will just shut off.

There's a 30 day money back guarantee so if there are additional charges I might look elsewhere.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:13 PM

I rec'd an email back and the site gets suspended for that month of the bandwidth goes over. There are no additional charges.

Brian, what's your data transfer amount per month? This packe is 2GB.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
go **** yourself

im confused u said 60 gigs on the post above this post were u say 2gigs monthly - i have 60 gigs 2 gigs a day
Old 12-05-2004, 12:02 AM
go **** yourself

u must mean 2 gigs disc space - 60 gigs transfer - or 2 gigs a day transfer
Old 12-05-2004, 12:33 AM

My bad Brian. I'm half asleep over here and talking nonsense. It's 2gb for storage and 60gb for the monthly transfer rate.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:31 AM
go **** yourself

so whats up on the site yo, whats new

www.kc50s.com
Old 12-07-2004, 05:38 AM

suzuki7davis is an unknown quantity at this point

we need to get some shat up on it, brian you gonna ride this weekend?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:30 AM

Still working on it. Trying to get something really sweet going.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:33 AM

ChrisNoF4i is a decent person

Awesome! Drop it like it's hott!

Quick Reply: Website - kc50s.com - It's official!