DRZ400sm handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:56 PM

blowjoe1 is a decent person
DRZ400sm handlebars

Hey guys first post, wondering about what handlebars are a good replacement for my stock ones.....

Im 6'1" kinda wanted some bars with higher rise and sweep...

My friend layed the drz400m down when he was taking the license test so they are kinda bent (the stock bars)

I was looking at pro taper SE's and wondering if CR HIGH bend bars would fit without relocating my ignition switch...or if anyone has any other suggestions??

My understanding is that the Pro Taper SE Factory Suzuki bends dont offer much more heights/sweep over the stock ones...

Thanks for the input guys..
Old 09-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: DRZ400sm handlebars

What year? 2007 and up have 1 1/8" clamps and 2006 and earlier have 7/8" clamps. If you want to put fatbars on an older bike you have to buy new clamps and relocate the ignition. As far as the bend goes you want them high and wide. I went with RC highs only because they didn't have the supermoto race bars in at the shop I went to. If you go with 1 1/8" bars get the Renthal fat bars, the twinwalls won't fit the electrical switches and perches.......don't ask me how I know......Actually, I have a spare set. Want to buy them?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:28 PM

yah sorry its an 05

and so I am looking to stay with some 7/8ths bars...

Just really wondering what bars will fit without removing ignition & mounts ect and whats a good bend

Last edited by blowjoe1; 09-29-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NINER
I went with RC highs only because they didn't have the supermoto race bars in at the shop I went to.
Originally Posted by blowjoe1
yah sorry its an 05

and so I am looking to stay with some 7/8ths bars...

Just really wondering what bars will fit without removing ignition & mounts ect and whats a good bend
Old 09-29-2007, 08:56 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

My friend layed the drz400m down when he was taking the license test so they are kinda bent (the stock bars)

:YEAH

Did he pass??
Old 09-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Nope...lol it was raining though in his defense although I passed my test in the rain with a very angry tester lol....
Old 09-29-2007, 10:20 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I took mine on my RSV Mille and my tester told me I could slow down. She said she didn't want to see me dump such a nice bike lol I felt right at home turning around in the lot approaching another obstacle like a run.....

LOL about your friends crashing in that though.

Shouldv'e taken the MSF course.
The only place where you can drop their bikes during the school and still walk away with your license and a discount on your insurance!! **** is a joke.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 PM

yah its kind a long story...He bought a 2005 zx-10r, didnt have his license...
rode it for about a year and a month ago he got pulled over for doing a wheelie and got a "riding with out a license" ticket. The judge said she would drop it if he got his license. So he decided he wanted to use the DRZ, although I did make him do a "you break it, you buy it" shake ahead of time...

So yah you guys think the ProTaper SE CR HIGH bend bars will fit ok on a drz400sm????
Old 10-04-2007, 07:41 AM

Peter Steele is a decent person

ive got stock bars. then bent so i bent em back
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Retired

So yah you guys think the ProTaper SE CR HIGH bend bars will fit ok on a drz400sm????
They won't fit. They will hit the fairing.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by NINER
They won't fit. They will hit the fairing.
How about the ProTaper SE RM HIGH bend bars???

Would they work??

And by hitting the fairing do you mean the bug screen around the light or what?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Retired

How about the ProTaper SE RM HIGH bend bars???

Would they work??

And by hitting the fairing do you mean the bug screen around the light or what?
I was being sarcastic because you posted up asking for advice then completely disregarded any advice. It's a dritbike pretty much any bar is going to work. How tall/wide you want them is your choice.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:49 PM

oh wow...my bad man I just re-read your post and saw the answer...

I appreciate the answers....lol I was like WTF the fairing?? what am I missing...damn..

I thought it would fit I guess I was just wondering about having to relocate the ignition switch as I've heard
it can be a problem on some bars.

Last edited by blowjoe1; 10-08-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:01 PM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I took mine on my RSV Mille and my tester told me I could slow down. She said she didn't want to see me dump such a nice bike lol I felt right at home turning around in the lot approaching another obstacle like a run.....

LOL about your friends crashing in that though.

Shouldv'e taken the MSF course.
The only place where you can drop their bikes during the school and still walk away with your license and a discount on your insurance!! **** is a joke.
MSF course is bomb...but man those bikes are beat to shiiiieeet
Old 10-08-2007, 03:16 PM

mikeyp30 is a decent person

you can use any bar that is 7-8 size. I went with the CR High's, As far as going with a fatbar, you would have to relocate your ignition switch and get new handlebar clamps. Alot of people modify their switch to go on the top left side of your triple clamp. If you need pics I got'em for ya.
ALSO> if you are going to have knuckle busters or bar end clamps, the mounting hardware will be different in size between fat bar and standard
Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM

Yah I ended up getting the CR High, they feel kinda weird compared to the stock bars..Im not really sure how to describe it. It feels like the front wheel has a lot less traction. I suppose it could have something to do with the Endbar Vibration things that the stock bars had and these dont. Im not really sure how much different handlebars could effect traction though