OFFICIAL: supermoto stunt problem/solution thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:51 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
OFFICIAL: supermoto stunt problem/solution thread

ok here we go! there are alot of issues that need to be discussed when it comes to stunting a supermoto.... certain problem areas!!! this thread is to discuss any problems/issues people have had when it comes to stunting a supermoto and what people have done to fix them. here's a few i've noticed

- running through rear brake pads like its goin outta style!
(no solution from what i have found.... get over it)

- runnin hot
(get a thermostatically controlled fan... someone chime in on this please caus i need one )

from what i hear there is no good (one finger lockup) setup to go with yet... mainly because the stock caliper is just right for foot lockup but too weak for 1 finger, aaaand running a sportbike caliper makes the footbrake WAY too touchy!
BUT from what ryan moore told me a 954 rear caliper fits in the gap pretty well... so what i was thinking was someone needs to make a dual caliper bracket holding both a stock caliper(for the foot) and the 954 caliper(for the HB)

any issues and solutions BRING EM ON..... and someone make this a sticky!:YEAH
Old 04-25-2007, 08:47 PM

dmcfreestyledevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: OFFICIAL: supermoto stunt problem/solution thread

i want to get with someone about cnc machining a dual caliper bracket for the crf's if i can come up with something i will let you know. i was thinking of hitting up hoyhey. i have one of his dual caliper brackets on my f4i and i love it. so maybe he will be able to help us out.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Problem: My *** slids off the seat and no handers are impossible.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
Problem: My *** slids off the seat and no handers are impossible.
ryan moore is doin em ask him how! caus i would love to know too!!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mikeith
ryan moore is doin em ask him how! caus i would love to know too!!
Velcro?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha, my biggest thing is always arcing to the left...I can sit with my left butt cheek on the right side of the seat and I still go left.....im tryign to learn right handed circles...I think that would help me to steer either way when needed.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:07 PM

things to check for rider error:
- see if your pulling back harder w/ your throttle hand than than your left
- maybe putting too much pressure on left foot peg compared to right?
becaus if your shifting you weight hard to the right those two points would be where would be havin a problem... just like shiftin your weight like that would kick the bike to the left to start a left circle wheelie.

if you feel it pull off to the left try to quickly shift your weight to the left pulling back with your left hand and pushin harder with your right foot.... its 100% mental... i used to have the same problem!

if your doing these things right check tire wear and rear axle alignment
Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Oh yeah Alignment is perfect....I know its mental everything we do in life is mental. theres no difference between you and james stewart, dale jr, tiger woods, travis pastrana, nick hayden...etc. No difference at all the only thing that separates you is your own head...yall know what I mean and im ranting on now.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:17 PM

haha definetly true! but seriously though try what i told you about it always falling to the left
Old 04-26-2007, 10:48 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I got a major problem. Ever since i made my KTM street legal I cant stop doing rolling endos at every single solitary stop i make and wheelie in full blown traffic just because I'm bored as **** and all i have to do is think of a trick in my head and the bike does it all by itself haha.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:38 AM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

Originally Posted by Armenian
I got a major problem. Ever since i made my KTM street legal I cant stop doing rolling endos at every single solitary stop i make and wheelie in full blown traffic just because I'm bored as **** and all i have to do is think of a trick in my head and the bike does it all by itself haha.

haha a street legal motard is def. where its at. I dont like you now because you have one and I dont wazzup guy?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:41 PM

i have a similar problem.... ever since i put the big wave rotor on i cant seem to stop myself from rolling stoppies every 15 seconds!....

+1 on it doing it on its own!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:48 AM

Peter Steele is a decent person

PROBLEM: whats better in all. crf 250 for stunts. or 450 for stunts.
as this would be my first full on stunter. i dont wanna make the wrong choice but then again i dont think there is one. i think the 450 is more power. and 250 more learnin. then again i allready know more then what u would call a squid.. so ya. I think i solved my problem by my self
conclusion 450..